Latest Jets Transactions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaBallhawk, Jun 2, 2015.

1. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Ah, got it. I thought you were saying because we signed Charles Brown we are looking to upgrade the O-Line and therefore would try to sign Mathis as well.

pdxdrew likes this.
  2. DaBallhawk

Quick update after waiving Sudfeld (ACL) and signing TE Maneri. Kind of a shocker, I thought Sudfeld would be a lock. TE is looking really weak & thin now.

3. DaBallhawk

Quick update. We added another receiver (WR Austin Hill), we also worked out another WR (Greg Little) even though we have plenty of depth there. Austin is 6'3, 212 pounds. Suffered a torn ACL last year. Seems like a possession receiver, I doubt he makes the team or even the practice squad. Camp can't begin soon enough...

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Sudfeld is injured.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Question about Milliner re. PUP list. I see Cimini had him being placed on that list as does the OP of this thread. Not at all saying I disagree about that happening, but in the past being on the PUP list to start the regular season meant automatically missing the first 6 games of the season. Is that still the case? If so, we really think Milliner will be out till late October?

I'll hang up and listen to your responses... thanks

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Take my response with a grain of salt, but I think that's still the case with the PUP list. There's also a short term IR, where the player can come back during the season, but I think it may be more than 6 games, and I don't know if Milliner is eligible for that.

7. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

watched some of his college reel. Good hands. Good body control Seems very willing to take a hit. Guessing his absolute ceiling is Anquan Boldin which isn't bad but he has a ways to go to get there. Be happy if he ends up as cotchery.

8. NCJetsfan

Here's a link to his draft profile at nfl.com: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/austin-hill?id=2552407

He looks like a good signing, although the Raiders signed him first and didn't keep him, so I wonder if he's as good as his profile makes him sound.

9. NCJetsfan

I had missed the Charles Brown signing. He sounds as if he could be a decent backup OT, so he definitely could be in the mix for a roster spot.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Is Austin Hill healthy? I heard he hasn't been the same since the ACL, it takes time to recover. Austin Hill has potential no doubt.

Oh and why even bring in Greg Little, he's so bad

11. DaBallhawk

Yes. :D

12. NCJetsfan

Agree on Little. That is a bit puzzling, and perhaps not a good sign of how our young WRs prospects looked during OTAs.

13. DaBallhawk

Thanks for your call, Nagle!
    There are 2 "PUP-Lists" right now. The preseason PUP and the regular season PUP. We can place Dee on preseason PUP like all the teams are doing right now with their injured guys (Clowney etc.). Those guys won't practice until they're ready to go and pass a test. Once they pass the test they can be activated and play in preseason games. If the player is not ready to go and the regular season is about to begin then you place him on the regular season PUP, which means he'd have to sit out 6 games at least. So it depends, we'll have to see where Dee is right now. There's an article on Dee that came out today with some comments from Bowles. He doesn't exactly sound thrilled with Dee, healthy or not. It's a bit harsh but understandable. As for your last question, I don't think we have to rush Dee back. Revis, Cro, Skrine, Williams, Dex, that's already 5 really good corners if you look at what they'll be asked to do. Marcus Williams has starting potential, Dex has plenty upside. The other 3 guys are rock solid starters. There's no room really for Dee unless he's at 100% (which he's far away from), then I guess he'd be our #4 corner. It's not really worth it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...illiner-healthy-compete-job-article-1.2306492

BrowningNagle likes this.
  14. DaBallhawk

I don't think Hill is healthy. Sounds weird, another receiver named Hill. The Seahawks actually picked him up right after the draft but he failed their physical. So obviously there's something going on with his knee, still. Then the Raiders signed him and then immediately put him on waiver again. Doesn't look good for him.

15. DaBallhawk

Couple more nuggets:
    - Kicker Furney was released today.
    - LaCanfora is reporting (I guess more suggesting) that a 3 year deal worth 36 mil. for Mo would make sense for both sides. Those two are pretty close so I'm sure this is Mo kind of reaching out and trying to get something done. I agree by the way, that would be a nice deal.
    - Mo will report to camp (duh).
    - Bowles had partial knee replacement this month.

16. NCJetsfan

His health sounds questionable, which is weird since the injury was two years ago and he supposedly is a dedicated worker in the weight room. Actually, after he failed the Seahawks physical, the Jets gave him a tryout in rookie camp, but didn't sign him. The Raiders then signed him, but only kept him 2 weeks. He's been a FA since May.

Maybe the surgeon that performed his surgery was a hack or he has re-injured the knee somehow. If he shows potential but isn't healthy, maybe the Jets will put him on the PUP or place him on IR.

The one thing I don't like about his signing, is that the Jets released Andrew Furney, leaving Folk as the only kicker in camp. It's not that I thought much of Furney, just don't want Folk to wear his leg out or injure it having to kick too much in camp.

17. DaBallhawk

The weird thing is it was over 2 1/2 years ago. Early 2013, that's crazy. If he's still not ready to go now I doubt he ever will be. Not sure who to blame there. Surgeon? Austin for not rehabbing properly? Or maybe his knee is just that messed up. But after watching McGahee completely destroy his entire knee in college I'd find that hard to believe that Hill couldn't return from a "simple" ACL tear.

18. NCJetsfan

It is indeed strange. I can't imagine his not rehabbing his knee properly, especially since he supposedly is such a hard worker in the weight room. I'm not a doctor (although I play one on TV ;)) but my guess would be that either the surgeon missed something in his diagnosis, botched something in the surgery, scar tissue is creating the problem, or Hill has re-injured the knee somehow. Some people's bodies are bad about forming excessive scar tissue immediately following surgery. My ex was like that.

19. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

We were weak at the position with sudfeld him being waived doesn't change much

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

please be true, please be true - where did you find this btw