Colin Kaepernick a NYJ?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by championjets69, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The NY media would eat Kaep alive.

2. AugustWest

AugustWest Active Member

Not if he performed on the field, he'd be a cult hero like Namath was in the media.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Big if.

4. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

No thanks, I'd rather keep Mo.

5. AugustWest

AugustWest Active Member

When was the last time a DLineman won a Super Bowl?

The correct answer is never.

westiedog1 likes this.
  6. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Lol so by that logic we should trade Mo for Kap. If that doesn't work out Sheldon for (QB) and so on and so on.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

John Clayton (ever notice how much he looks like Mr. Peepers?) is out of his ever-loving mind. Kap is not worth the #15 pick or Mo individually, much less both of them and another pick. He must be senile.

MJK and JetLifeLo like this.
  8. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

You put Kaep on this team right now and we are a playoff contender, and maybe a division winner..

Do I give up Mo for him? Good heavens no..

BleedGreen89 likes this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well, I would have given this article a lot of merit if the action was to take place this year. Assuming Kap learns
    to keep his mouth and tweeter under control with Bowles, he would be an immediate improvement to this team and take the Jets from wait and see, to a serious playoff contender.

But that is now....not 2016. To speculate on 2016 is insane.

If Kap bombs this year the leverage for a major trade goes south.....so you can forget Mo and a first rounder. Unless the Jets are desperate and both Geno and Fitz stink really bad why would they consider a trade. If Geno wins more games than Kap what would be the impetus to loose Mo and gain very little if anything with Kap? Plus there could be better QB options out there.

If Kap does superbly well why would the 49ers trade him? Hell, they need a QB as bad as we do?

Unless I'm missing something, the only possible scenario could be a terrific performance by Kap and a complete collapse by the rest of the team, forcing the 49rs to clean house and rebuild the team from the ground up with a " hold the fort veteran" and a brand new front office yet again.

For the Jets to make the trade its now or never in my view. 2016 could very well be be the year of Petty and the Jets.

MJK likes this.
  10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

make it happen tanny

Footballgod214 likes this.
  11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'd pass on this scenario, that's WAY too high of an asking price for a player like Kap.

12. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

No and No

13. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

I'd definitely trade for Kap on his rookie deal. However, the guaranteed money he's getting now demands a much higher level of QB play.

Guaranteed salary according to: http://overthecap.com/player/colin-kaepernick/62
    2015 - $10.4M
    2016 - $11.9M
    2017 - $14.5M
    2018 - $15M

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If you look at what quarterbacks are making a year and a half later after he signed that extension, Kaepernick's contract is a bargain at this point.

I'm not really sure what the Jets options t quarterback are even after the season. You'd have to think Eli, Rivers, etc. aren't going to hit the open market as quarterbacks never do and there's no way that this team is bad enough to yield a top 10 pick.

There are several quarterbacks coming out next year that could all end up being gone by the time our selection rolls around. We're not going to get an elite player or top 7 quarterback via a trade so you have to look at guys two tiers down from that that will ultimately be available.

It might make sense to try getting one of these available mid level quarterbacks.

Personally I'd trade for Kaepernick. This team has been QB deprived for too long. I'd rather trade for him, a guy who has been to the Super Bowl rather than keep fishing in the draft considering the bust rate is pretty high.

The only thing that concerns me with him is the off the field nonsense. The twitter arguments, the stupid instagram posts. It has nothing to do with his ability and has a lot more to do with his stupid swagger off the field fighting with 17 year Olds on social media.

Whether we like it or not, the NY media also becomes a huge factor in a situation like this.

15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Plus $2.4M each year in roster and workout bonuses makes it too much especially at the cost in player and draft picks Clayton mentions.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

How about NO FUCKING WAY IN HELL?

17. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

lmaoo.. when i first heard this i was thinking Kaep and like a 2nd for Mo.. but then i see Clayton says Mo and 1 first AND another pick for Kaep...lmao. wth?? I would offer SF a 2nd rounder for Kaep straight up nothing more nothing less... if they don't want it fine by me.. But that shit clayton said is just laughable.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think Wilkersons potential trade value is a lot less than many on here think. His contract situation is a big problem.

Br4d, greenbeanz, Big Blocker and 2 others like this.
  19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Geno or Kap?

20. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

yeah that's true... teams could always just wait for him to be a free agent but if they really want him it's not guaranteed they can get him by waiting because we have the leverage. And trading for somebody that could possibly leave your team the very next year is kinda dumb too.