Banned Users

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Stokes

You are one of my favorite posters. In fact the most favorite. You know a lot about football and I benefit a lot from football. One criticism though. Your style is too satiric sometimes. For my taste, I would love to see less sarcasm in your posts in Jet Football sub section. Be as satiric as you want every other section of the board. What do you think? Do you think I am fair?

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

No, I think you are a dullard and a little satiric toughening up might make you less conspicuous as you set up your sleeper cell.

_

3. JStokes

I too cannot get past the moving offsides.

_

4. Brook!

Hahaha. Got it. :) Though I admit I had to look up for dullard and conspicuous in the dictionary. :(

Simple. Soccer has a continous flow and during the game defensive players move all the time. Offside in soccer depends on where the ball is versus attackers and defenders hence the moving offsides. @Barry the Baptist . Please explain these yanks the moving offsides as my English is definitely not enough for this.

5. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

But you had no problem watching Jets last couple of years? I'm confused...

BrowningNagle and Brook! like this.
  6. JStokes

No, folks have explained it to me and 3 of my kids played soccer. I get the rule, I just can't wrap my head around it.

My real athlete kid played ice hockey, football and lacrosse where offsides is offsides.

_

7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Unusual rule from your perspective, yes. But really as unusual as length of the game determined not by time, but by number of betters outed? Or catch is only when WR makes "football move" while "maintaining possession"?
    At least offside is defined, unlike "football move". :)

8. JStokes

That's an awful rule.

_

9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Can't agree more.
    NFL games are absolutely perfect for watching, betting, fantasy, etc. Force of habit and lack of opportunity is the only reason why it's not #1.

10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Which one? The catch?

11. Brook!

Stokes

Why can't you? Offside line in soccer is moving. Look at below pictures. Offside line is defined based on where the defenders are. And since defenders are not stable during the game the line moves depending on their position.

Blue Dots are defenders. Red Dots are attackers. The black offside line is based on where the last defender is and since the players move all the time, the line is always moving. Are you trolling me again? :)
    [​IMG]

12. JStokes

Yeah, the catch. Awful rule.

_

13. JStokes

Ok, like I said before--I GET the rule as in I understand it. I just don't GET the rule as in I don't accept it.

A perfect lead pass to an offensive player who slips behind the defender before the ball gets there does not make sense--to me-- that it's an offsides.

And I never troll.

As far as you know.

_

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

But it's not an offsides if he slips behind the defender before the ball gets there, just if he slips behind him before the ball is kicked.

It prevent the offense from ever snow birding behind the defense, so the rule is actually functional and makes sense based on its objective.

Brook! likes this.
  15. JStokes

Maybe that's what I meant.

I dunno!

_

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Look at you guys going offsides on this thread...

I wonder if the mods have a list of posters with the highest user post count/messages who were perma banned. I forgot alot of names, but some of you remember these guys.

Brook! likes this.
  17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

There were some real post count juggernauts lost during the purge.

18. Brook!

Like JetBlue explained, when soccer was first born, attackers were flocking in front of the goal line and causing an imbalance on the field. To prevent that, offside was rule born in 1863 in England. Since then the rule has changed twice. Once in 1925 and once in 1990.

Before offsides, I have to tell you that soccer was born in England. It was kind of a minor war among neighboring villages. The game then became popular and English colleges started to play the game against each other. When the goal hanging or goal flocking became unbearable, Cambridge University invited other colleges to establish the first soccer rule in 1863. Than soccer became more popular and pro soccer was born after soccer clubs were formed. Once soccer clubs were born the English FA(Football Association) was born. Than other countries adopted the game and this thing became a global hit except USA and a few other countries.

Once the offside rule was established the games became more fun and a lot more goals were scored after the adjustment. Of course now you don't see as many goals because players became more physical and games are not as fun as it was in the past. For example in 1950's Brazil had 4 defenders 2 midfielders and 4 forwards on top of goalie in a game. Now Brazil has 4 defenders 5 midfielders and 1 forward most of the time. Soccer now is boring but without offsides, it would be much more boring.

19. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Soccer was born in Italy in the Middle Ages and it was basically team on team gladiator/mma fighting with a ball. It got boring when they stopped beating the shit out of each other.

20. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Zidane tried to make it worth watching.

[​IMG]

Brook! likes this.