Banned Users

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Damn :(

I'm not even surprised by that

#201 Walt White, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Irv, you keep that mindset and your forum will grow. It will take time just like this site did but we stuck to our guns and we want this site to be a pleasureable experience. Folks take time out of their day to come here and post their opinions. If they want to deal with BS, I'm sure they have other sources to do that. Don't be shy man. If you got problem posters, get rid of them. They'll either find another forum or try to sneak back into yours. Just do us a favor and don't send them this way! :)

Irv and phubbadaman like this.
  3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

They could come back any time they wanted (with workarounds) and I've read some already have as different users. There were some good posters who got caught up in the non-sense. I miss being entertained by a lot of them.

I've toned down over the years, I prefer to read more than post now. Years ago, I would take the time to argue with certain posters but now realize the futility.

4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

3rdand15 posted in April, just not posting as much, Badger I think went to another board, Dino has been gone for a long time, 8 years since he posted but his account is still active, Pam hasn't posted since 2011 unless you count one post in 2013 when she was trying to get in the football pool. I sent her a PM back in January but no reply. I am sure many of the people leaving are just getting older and have no time for it.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I don't currently use ignore. I am a curious guy. Want to read everyone's post even champ.

But if I started using ignore feature I would put below guys on ignore. They make the board unreadable. Geez. They are all Muslim haters and most of them hate soccer which is my #1 passion.

JStokes, BrowningNagle, Mangolden Showers, joe, BradwaySucks, Cman55, Barry the Asian Lover, jaywayne the weather guru, flajetfen, RuJFan, Charlie Kelly, Royal Tee and some more.

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

We need VickBlows back.

Edit:

Matter of fact, I petition the following for immediate reinstatement:

GreenHornet
    VickBlows

greenbeanz and FJF like this.
  7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Listen to the big soccer pussy.

_

Brook! likes this.
  8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

There was alot of humor, but alot of internet trolling and online abuse that personally I just laughed at. Like I said, I never put anyone on ignore.

There were multiple accounts, people posing as women, posters talking with themselves in threads via different usernames, and making things pretty damn personal.

I joke about it, but I remember there was a whole thread dedicated to a actual photo of our guy TDK and people were just shitting on him or Ashley Spivey basically blowing up first on TGG and on the internet here before she ended up on Bachelor...She was getting some stalkers from what I remember.
    I was still pretty young, so I laughed reading things...But in the large scope that was all pretty fucked up lol.

But not every poster is like that and you cannot go around just trashtalking about everything and making a mockery on every topic. People were sure fun characters like most of the ones above people in the thread....

I remember what sounded like a Coup D'etat on TGG by a group and a bunch trying to hickack the place. Most of the guys you all mentioned including the lady, PF4 posts on the other forum they all made for themselves to continue acting the way they want to.

I think junc posts there too...I like to think being one of the posters that stayed here through that era and the redesigns has helped continue to make this a strong Jets fanbase community. We may have lost alot of crazy posters and fun threads to truly BULLSHIT through the offseason and in season but we picked alot of interesting guys too...Give most of them time, and few more of them will be easily comfortable here to make threads that appeal to whatever.

I made the Welcome to TGG forum to help ease more people in and see what kind of guys post here. We have a ton of lurkers and a ton of foreign fans. We have a huge fanbase and alot of what we post is mild. Thankfully this place is not censored with cursing lol.

Lastly, we should all remember this place is a business too, so we can't really go jeopardize it by posting things that would create red flags with Google or the BBB.

joe, Brook! and jaywayne12 like this.
  9. Brook!

I love you too

With that said, above folks are my favorite posters on this board. Can we do a brand new Award thing for 2015 before season starts?

Poeman likes this.
  10. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Brook...any Muslim haters send them our way. You are a true gentleman and a great human being.

Brook! likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Soccer sucks: If I wanted to watch a bunch of men struggle to score for hours I'd take my friends out to the bar.

12. jaywayne12

Great job Poe...a great post. Good stuff.

Poeman likes this.
  13. jaywayne12

I do like the world cup. Love it. I guess that would make me one of those pussies who never watch football except for the Super Bowl and during the game walks in and asks what the score is....someone replies...it's tied...and I would respond ...who's winning.

Yeah...that's me and soccer. Talk about fixed....brooks....a moving offsides line that is determined by the defender? I just can't get past that.

14. Brook!

Offsides line that is moving target and that's why side refs in soccer move up and down the field based on the offside line. That said, it isn't only about defender. It is also about where the ball is in some instances. We can discuss that during next World Cup. But for now, let me tell you that. If the people in rest of the world grew up with NFL instead of soccer, entire world would be NFL fans. Soccer is not a great sports to watch compared to NFL but like I said, it depends on what you watch since your childhood. Soccer will never be most popular sports in USA. NFL will never be most popular sports in other countries. Just my opinion.

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

+1.

#215 joe, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I thought Vick just decided not to post anymore, didn't know anything about a banning.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Why is that any more unusual than, say, a moving first down market? The reality is fans in the US are simply used to the first down marker concept so it isn't that it is good, bad or even makes sense, it's simply normal by familiarity to you. Soccer offsides is the same thing, it only seems abnormal because it differs from what US sports fans are familiar with.

18. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Well said Jay. I've never understood his narcissistic obsession to tell everyone how much he is teaching them, how they should listen and learn, how he's the best talent evaluator on the board, how everyone that disagrees with him is an average fan or only interested in fantasy stats, only to be proven wrong and wrong again, prompting him to redirect into his insult and "thanks for being a fan" persona and then into his whiny "everyone is attacking me" mode whilst personally attacking everyone else.

Look, we can all be dicks here every once in a while, me included. Hell, more than most. :oops:

But we're also passionate football and Jet fans and most of us are pretty intelligent in our own right and our opinions are based on watching years and years of football. He' no smarter than anyone here and less intelligent than a good deal of posters. His encyclopedic memory is used and spun to argue the same bit of information black one way only to argue the same exact bit of information white if his agenda is different.

It's the constant and never ending barrage with junc that kills the board. I obsessed about Teddy and Mariota and I regularly take digs at Geno, but other than in the BS forum, I try to keep it on even keel. But the constant 40 page rehashing of the same point over and over and over again spilling into multiple 40 page threads brings the board down. The Brady thread, the constant attacks on O'Brien and Namath, the Favre fiction he created, the UNC cheating scandal, the Sanchez armada (and I was as big a Sanchez fan as anyone here and even I was embarrassed for junc), with the pomposity and arrogance above his station, it's just too much.

He's the Mike Francesa of TGG.

Just my two cents.

_

19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Personally, I've put two people on ignore ever in the entire time I've been here. One was a Pats fan who quickly got banned, the other was a foreign jerk who ran his mouth about 9/11. That poster isn't banned but is also doing his own thing on another forum.

I don't like using the ignore tool because I think every poster, no matter how annoying or bordering on trolling, can be a learning experience, and entertainment.

Junc annoyed people because he was steadfast in his positions and defending them to the internet death, but by the same token he didn't allow himself to be bullied by people saying "shut up you're dumb and we're going to mob mentality you into submission". I admired that about him.

I don't agree with anyone here 100%. I even don't agree with myself when I go back and look at some of the stupid things I've posted in the past. Oh well. We're people, we live learn and grow. I think the ignore button takes flavor out of the discussion. It's good that it's an option, because some people can't handle that, but, it's good to learn from the people you like and the people you don't like.

nyjunc likes this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

One thing you'll never say about TGG is: Echo Chamber

Yep.. that's a good thing too. :)