Banned Users

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I use ignore sparingly and it resolves some of the issues, however it doesn't resolve the issue of an acidic board environment that turns off new posters and attracts other posters of the same bent.

If ignore was able to clean up threads then I'd have no problem with the overly argumentative posters who can't get off a topic. The assholes are always going to be a problem though. Nasty people hiding behind the anonymity the internet affords are still nasty people.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the ignore button is for the weak

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I feel like using that button is advantageous only to him. That's the stubborn loser mentality....but it's the truth. I need to see what a junc type is doing.

For instance...and I missed when it happened, his proclamation that some great old users are no longer posting on this board. Let's get on the same page here with this. I know several posters that did what I have done and just get burned out here....health reasons...etc. To point the finger at the newer tgg posters is the ammo I used one time. Looking back on it now...it was bullshit, although I did believe it was part of the reason.

Posters will come and go...from abyz, who I know some may not like but is a deep down...incredibly talented poster...Sundayjack, as talented a writer as I have seen....staff jet etc. Great posters. Several others who will remain nameless, waited to have fellatio performed on them every time they posted and of course blamed the lower new level of tgg for their departure.

Truth is when people decide to leave, usually they have looked in the mirror themselves and kind of had it. They wander off to a new site and feel like the face lift is just what the doctor ordered. They end up posting about 20% as much as they did here.

While I'm sure there are a few annoying new people here now...just ask any veteran to this site about the real true assholes we have endured over the years. CMAN can tell you...its a long huge list.

For someone like JUNC to point the finger at new people here...and then have the nerve to throw actual names of old timers as if they were JUNC advocates is just another lie. The veterans viewed junc as that kid who showed up to his first day of school wearing a sneaker on one foot and a dress shoe on the other. Period. Some liked the look...while most understood what it took to even get two shoes on. Amazingly the kid made enemies and tons of them....which is very difficult considering.

#183 jaywayne12, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

#184 joe, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  5. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Well I don't think I ever had much back and forth with him. I don]t object to anyone disagreeing with me. I do not like complete inaccuracy about my posts, and I do not like people to hurl insults. Don't say things to me you would not say if you were sitting across a table from me, in other words. And I think I have probably hit an "Ignore" button two or three times in ten years on sports blogs. But once I do, I have no more curiosity about the ignored. I don't really have to know what they are up to, ha ha.

6. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Yup. the laptop offers false courage to the loudmouth.

7. jaywayne12

Computer balls. They are out there and a psychological force to be reckon with.

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Some of the real true assholes who you can't have around for long but they do sometimes serve a small purpose before they are sent to the woodshed. It is good to have a couple around to beat on for a bit.
    Jetsfan5180 who then became Jetsfan1290, also known as pirate boy
    Tampabayjetsfan85 AKA HighFlyingJets AKA PhillyStacks AKA Italianobloodline
    Of course there are the freaks like the guy who posted as a girl, can't remember the name only remember the .....,Kelly maybe?
    Then there are Pidgeon, RunNGun and MrElectric all pains in the ass.

Junc has been around for a long time but has also annoyed people for a long time, back to back years, 2007 and 2008 he was runner up as the Most Annoying Poster. He has knowledge but his inability to admit when he is wrong is his downfall. That and the constant thread derailments which of course is never his fault.

greenbeanz and NYJalltheway like this.
  9. jaywayne12

See...I have no memory. Great post wb. Wowowoow...some real,blasts,from the past!

10. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

So true. It fosters disrespect.

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I agree it's a problem if they create an uninviting environment that stunts the participation of others. Those guys aren't missed at all. I do think there is room for "assholes" that can still function in the discourse. Whether junc was the former or latter is the board's decision to decide. I used to argue with him a lot when I first joined; even my location at the "Most respected castle" was a jab at him when he made a comment that the board didn't respect me so I started a poll asking which of us was more respected and won the poll.

Just a stupid thing to do so I just chose to ignore his traps going forward.

12. jaywayne12

It does. This whole thing of ignore...or ok...here's the way I would put it:

When a poster goes on a run that Herm Edwards was a great head coach....listen, want honesty?

Years back, it was Herm second year and the Jets had a talented roster...and we're doing good. Champ...who many might know comes in with his "the coach sucks...the team sucks...the owner sucks....the stadium sucks...the hot dogs,suck" posts. Now, junc goes after him. Junc was right. I team up with junc and we go on a 2 week blitz against champ.

Fast forward several years later and Herm many weaknesses are all out...I want him out...everyone wants him out. I WAS WRONG. HAVE BEEN MANY TIMES. Now junc still defends him. So Herm goes to K.C. and I tell junc watch how he will be exposed there. Junc still defends him. The Chiefs are horrible and Herm quickly gets fired and is never offered even a dB coaching spot.

Junc still defends what a great coach he was. Now...why? Because admitting he wasn't would make him wrong 10 years ago. This bullshit that he is right 90 or 99 percent of the time is a lie NOT because he has been wrong more...its a lie because he has never been wrong. He just knows 100 % would be even more asinine...even for him.

I have asked him in the past when he was wrong....lol...and he will throw a bone then go on to defend his wrong...so he wasn't wrong.

Listen...been here for 11 years. This thread has been more therapeutic for me than its been eye opening for him.

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. Irv

Irv Member

I've been here for quite a while mostly as a lurker, but even I recently had enough and had to add junc to my ignore list, which features some great company such as Jessie, JetsFan4life1, JETSFAN5180, and raiderhaider. It also shows you how long it's been since I added anyone to that list.

The last six months or so were a never-ending stream of Ken O'Brien is overrated, Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez were given a raw deal, and Tom Brady is the greatest QB, cheating be damned. Those topics aren't problematic in isolation, but he says the same crap for 20 pages and it eventually bleeds out to every other thread in which he posts. It certainly wasn't all his doing, but when he was confronted, the condescending arrogance came to the surface.

He fancies himself as the paragon of objectivity and righteousness and will not stop letting everybody know that he is a better fan/historian/debater/person than you if you don't agree with him. Well, that's just great. Nobody cares and nobody aspires to be like him, with all his fake Internet debate points across 35 different message boards. He is the embodiment of this, except when he does it, it's no longer funny; it's just sad.

[​IMG]
    https://xkcd.com/386/

I run a smaller forum and there are a few members on my board that I would like to shadowban because they're more notorious for being a distraction rather than contributing anything—and I mean literally anything—of substance. On top of that, their inability to see past their overinflated ego makes it damn near impossible to reason with them, as if they're doing you a favor by posting on your message board.

My belief is that nobody is bigger than the board. If a message board is a good one, nobody should be able to hold it hostage to their brand of BS. If junc is making the forum experience unpleasant for others and is the lightning rod for derailing multiple threads, he's the one who needs to change, not everybody else because he thinks they're misinformed or wrong.

There's no denying that he has a ton of knowledge that few others have, but he also seems to not understand the simplest concept in forum conduct: Don't be a dick.

Brook! and Cman68 like this.
  14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

BTW, just want to make it clear that at no point have I ever considered Junc to be an asshole. He's in the other category, the people who make the board unreadable when they post.

15. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I remember all of those people. Yeah I know Kelly was a guy who posed as a girl, but I don't know if he ever denied it. I remember he got called out, and we never heard of him ever again. ~~~~~~~

~~

alleycat9 likes this.
  16. NYJalltheway

What about @3rdAnd15Draw , MattMan, BadgerOnLSD, Dinobot, Pam aka PF4Jets

Crazy..starting to get depressed thinking about it haha.

But we have gotten some good posters since then too, @Falco21 , @JStokes , @DaBallhawk , among others..

DaBallhawk likes this.
  17. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

With Junc gone there is now way I'll ever get those DVDs he promised me. Years ago we arranged a trade for Jets games on DVD - I sent him mine and received... nothing in return. I asked him about it and he said he would get his secretary to send them out again. Still nothing.

I can't even remember what games they were now.

greenbeanz and alleycat9 like this.
  18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Dam... what happened to PF4?

There have been some good posters who have come and gone over the years but sadly we've lost a few to the inevitable we all at one time will face. I miss Green Guy, he was an awesome, maybe one of the best the board has ever known and he sadly passed away shortly after returning from San Francisco. I know his parents from Vegas (they are now South Florida Jet fans) but he brought so much insight to the board and was so well rounded.

I don't know what happened to Stat but he was brilliant, 3rdand15 still posts but not as much, I always like ShadeTree and 17A.

We did lose some really good posters due to the nonsense that went down a few years ago, some really crossed the line and I could care less that they don't post here anymore but I do miss IJR, Badger and Koz.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  19. NYJalltheway

I really want Badger to come back.

I think Pam lurks. She posted a year ago.

When did GreenGuy die? I didn't know him much, I want to say it was around 08?

20. NYJalltheway

17A tailgater was good too. Koz had a funny avatar and he never changed it lol.

Couldn't any of these guys come back tho when buying a new laptop or something? Using a tablet, etc.