Banned Users

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Jan 6, 2014.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

3 months? wow, I'll have to carry the Countdown thread myself, come back Junc!

nyjunc likes this.
  2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

The funny thing is, he kept trotting out that stupid Wainstein Whitewash that wasn't really an investigation but rather a UNC funded absolution of any of their sports programs--but if you actually read the report--which I did, you'd see how culpable the coaches and sports administrators were.

And if you dared post one of dozens of articles calling the cheating the largest academic/sports fraud scandal in the history of the NCAAs, he'd tell you to "do some research" and "stop reading headlines" and point you back to the Wainstein Whitewash which basically admitted it was a massive academic/sports fraud scandal.

MUCH much worse than what my alma mater did--basically Boeheim got dinged for trying to keep ONE student eligible (Fab Melo) and for 6 other athletes taking a few thousand dollars from a booster with the Oneida YMCA and some other basketball players smoking weed.

The UNC scandal involved close to 1900 UNC athletes including 226 basketball players that may have been kept eligible by taking fake bogus classes or having their papers written by tutors.

That is academic cheating on a MASSIVE scale.

We had ONE student.

And he keeps denying what McCants said--the same McCants who was the teams top scorer on that 2005 Championship team--that he NEVER went to a class in the African American studies program and that tutors wrote his papers for him and for many of his teammates.

The NCAA is too afraid to kill that program--it is too much of a cash cow--but they should hammer it with the Death Penalty.

_

3. JStokes

Well fuck me then!

_

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. matt robinson 17

Junc and I have been doing this together for years Stokes, no offense, glad to have the help...

5. JStokes

Was just kidding.

My favorite day/posts are by that poster who's Dad played for the Jets. Who is that player?

_

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He'll probably come back. I ban myself for 3 months every so often and I always wind up dragging my sorry ass back in through the rain.

alleycat9 likes this.
  7. matt robinson 17

John Neidert's son, Neid92

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I wish everyone would just calm down and wait to learn what really happened before they make up there minds about all this.

#128 Dierking, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Of course he will be back. He isn't going to run away because his feelings are hurt and he's going to come back to tell you so.

nyjunc likes this.
  10. JStokes

If junc had just stayed in bed that day he wouldn't have gotten band.

_

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  11. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

I guarantee he has a countdown or alarm or something on his phone. Probably checking it every 5 minutes to see how much time is left. I give it a max of 5 minutes after being freed before he posts something wild.

nyjunc likes this.
  12. JStokes

I must respond.

_

greenbeanz and DoubleDecker87 like this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

His ban ends on June 26th. If he goes back to his old way of doing business around here, his next ban will be his last. I gotta tellya, I'm really enjoying the peace and quiet instead of the endless reports I used to get from him.

TNJet, Big Blocker, alleycat9 and 2 others like this.
  14. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

the board is much better without soxxx and barcs. Junc is similar

Big Blocker and KWJetsFan like this.
  15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

No fucking way. All bullshitting aside, and I like to bust his balls myself, junc is no way in the same ballpark as those two. He has an encyclopediac knowledge of Jets history, is usually the go to guy in the countdown thread, and has been posting here longer than just about anyone but Petro.

He has plenty of help with all the thread derails, by this time any poster with any kind of history should know not to get dragged into some stupid argument with him, he'll never cede the last word to anyone. That's not an endorsement of his posting style, but its not like you have to stop and contribute to the wreckage all the time.

FREE JUNC!

16. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

The problem is that he is disingenuous. It does nothing to hold a lot of information in your head if you are going to interpret it differently based on the argument you want to be true. I caught him dead to rights claiming the 36 yard line was near midfield in one argument and then claiming it wasn't in another. Luckily I have a good memory and brought it to his attention but because he is junc and never admits fault of course "the situation was different ". A poster like that is not worth discussing things with.

And not responding would and does work for posters who have been here awhile but there is always new blood who are ignorant to his ways so the derailments never end

RuJFan and alleycat9 like this.
  17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Dierking is right on this one 100%. Junc is a way better poster than soxxx or barcs. He is a staple of this board and shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as soxx and barcs. Although junc had it coming for him with his multiple attacks, I hope he can calm down a little when he comes back and I hope he comes back. TGG without junc is not something I am looking forward to.

18. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Nothing, nothing, and I will mean NOTHING will ever top the epic bullshit junc spewed when Villanova was flat out ROBBED against UNC in the NCAA Tournament thanks to Tom O'Neil, the most crooked referee in NCAA history.

19. HackettSuxTNG

Reports FROM him, or reports REGARDING him?!?!

20. HackettSuxTNG

Even an encyclopedia will perform updates. Junc wouldn't concede that the sky is blue if it would hurt his argument.