Would you trade Wilkerson for Rivers?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetastic, May 27, 2015.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally agree. If everyone put him on ignore and didn't respond, unless he's totally insane, he'd eventually get the message and go away. Even if not, he'd only have himself to talk to.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

can we get back on topic please.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You'd hope so. He seems so desperate for internet approval that he'd probably just quote himself and agree with himself... or even sadder, disagree with himself so that he can tell himself he's so much smarter than himself.

4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

You're so great junc

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Rivers is good but not good enough. Besides, Wilkerson's only 25 while Rivers is 33. I wouldn't make the trade.

6. nyjunc

If I needed approval I'd be like you guys and just say what the average fan thinks so everyone can agree w/ me and we can pretend we look smart. I see the game differently, I get to discuss the game w/ people actually in the game which helps shape my views. TRUST ME, more people in the game think like I do than think like 95% of this board thinks.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

There can be no debate without some degree of give and take towards a mutual understanding.

Much like the Monty Python argument sketch where one character describes what an argument entails only to be met with "no it isn't" from the other character any attempt to debate you is a waste of time because you never admit when you are wrong eliminating any possibility to advance the issue to any possible conclusion other than your own.

You claim to be knowledgeable and despite ample evidence to the contrary you keep digging yourself in deeper.

8. nyjunc

give me reason to give, if you can't then I won't and actually read what I write. People run w/ a word or a line and don't understand what I am actually writing. I call Peyton Manning overrated and people think I say he sucks, I call Mark Sanchez underrated and people think I say he is great but that's not the case for either.

I don't dig anything, I understand this game better than most on here. while you think I keep digging it is actually you and others.

9. James Hasty

We went down that road.

You did say that you thought Mark Sanchez was a better playoff QB than Rivers.

Evidence was presented to the contrary.

You continued to kick and scream and pound your fists rather than admit that given the small sample size (Sanchez did not play all that many playoff games) and the high turnover rate that Sanchez has had over his career that you may have been mistaken.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Everyone has a different way of seeing the game, not everyone has the same perception. That doesn't make your perception the end all be all. That is your problem, your perception isn't always right.

I HIGHLY doubt, your perception of the game is what professionals truly think, ESPECIALLY with the way you talk about Mark Sanchez, Tanny, and other people that came to the Jets.

Your perception of the game, no one in the NFL would hire your ass, you undervalue the draft, and you undervalue the TEAM as a whole.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. nyjunc

he is a better playoff QB than Rivers, that isn't really debatable.

Sanchez has started 6 playoff games, Rivers 9. it's not a huge difference. Sanchez is 4-2, Rivers 4-5. Sanchez has thrown 1.5 TDs per game, Rivers 1.2. Sanchez .3 INTs per game(that is POINT 3 per game), Rivers 1 INT per game. Rivers has just 2 postseason games w/o an INT. Mark has led his O's to 20 PPG in regulation in postseason, Rivers 18.8, Mark has helped his team reach 2 title games, Rivers 1(and that 1 his backup led GW drive in div rd).

Is Rivers a better reg season QB? absolutely, if they could combine the 2 they'd have a HOFer but Rivers melts in big games and Mark melts during reg seasons.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  12. nyjunc

No one has to accept my opinions, we all give our opinions. when I disagree w/ other posters I say so and I try to poke holes in their arguments. You guys just bash me.

Tell me what I think of Sanchez and Tannenbaum please? just give me a summary.

13. 101GangGreen101

Any bashing on you is well deserved, you ask for it each time.

You simply cannot say this ridiculous statement, because it is not true - especially after saying no one has to accept my opinions. You are overly confident in your perception even if it's 110% wrong (which it has time and time again) and I will not go back and show you those posts. That makes you look like a complete moron to this entire board.

You thought Sanchez and Tannenbaum was God's gift to the NYJs. Again, I will not go back and quote everything you said. That in itself is a waste of my time.

When you acknowledge the FACT that you aren't the most knowledgeable poster (and can be full of shit to add), maybe people wouldn't bash you as much. It never has to get to this point, but you allow it to.

TNJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. James Hasty

When you see an issue as black and white (not debatable) before you start you should understand that you are essentially a brick wall to anyone with an opposing view point.

Stats do not tell the whole story.

If Rivers is a better QB in the regular season, the only difference in the playoffs is that he is facing better defenses and a bit more pressure to win.

What is it then that makes Rivers any worse in the playoffs other than level of competition?

Does he choke under pressure?

Is he unable to complete passes when faced with a very good defensive secondary?

Does he have trouble waiting on his WRs when he gets knocked down a few times?

If the answer to those questions is no and he throws a pick because Revis made an amazing play or fumbles because his left tackle whiffs and an all pro DE hits him from behind I don't know that I rule out Rivers as my starting playoff QB.

15. nyjunc

It doesn't matter to me if someone agrees, I would like to see some good info so we can all learn a little bit. I always learn new things IF the other poster debating w/ me knows his stuff. It may not change my mind but I appreciate it.

Stats never tell the whole story, I was just giving a snapshot. his #s are inflated based on some garbage time games.

Rivers does not step up in big games, whether you call it choking, better defenses, or what. he struggles in big games.

The pick from Revis was an amazing play and some bad luck BUT it was a stupid throw going after a covered WR who was covered by best corner in the game. it's decisions like that which are why he struggles in big games but as bad as that was it was the Leonhard INT where he panicked in his EZ that changed the game.

16. nyjunc

this is why you are a buffoon. You can't read, you sue perceptions of others. If you actually read you wouldn't look as foolish as you do trying to debate me.

all you can do is bash me b/c you have nothing else.

I don't worry about people beneath me bashing me.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Settle down everybody. This situation has been dealt with.

18. 101GangGreen101

LOL @ these funny ass comments! You've been beat Junc, it's over once again ...
    [​IMG]

Have a good day.

19. 101GangGreen101

I'm done, I'm done going forward my bad.

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If this means junc is gone, THANK YOU! I actually feel like we CAN move on now.

BeastBeach likes this.