Would you trade Wilkerson for Rivers?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetastic, May 27, 2015.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Brady has routinely beat up on the terrible Bills and Dolphins in the early to mid 2000s with some bad Jets teams mixed in there and I don't see you shunning him because of these victories. Peyton had the luxury of kicking around an expansion team for much of his career, along with the bad Jaguars towards the end of his reign of the AFC South. I get that his records were less than spectacular but to belittle this win versus that win is silly. Good teams/quarterbacks lose to bad teams every yeAr. Roethlisberger is known for this.

You missed the point on alternatives. In a perfect world we draft a quarterback that turns into a top 12 starter and we're all jolly and happy. That hasn't happened. Sitting on our situation now with a roster full of 28-30 year old veterans you'd rather wait until next year's draft and hope in 2 years he develops into a good starter?

I'd personally rather go get the top 12 quarterback now for 2-3 years draft his replacement next year and all of this for a player who likely won't be with the team in a year (especially factoring in Richardson ' s upcoming contract problems as he's a better player with a bigger mouth).

greenbeanz and James Hasty like this.
  2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Unlike you I do not believe that Mark is a better big game QB or that Rivers is some kind of Choker.

Mark Sanchez benefited from an outstanding offensive line, great play from his running backs, and good coaching.

Rivers is a much stronger QB than Sanchez and does a far better job of protecting the football.

Until Mark figures out his fumbling problem he will continue to be a shaky starting QB even though a change of scenery has done him some good.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Brady and NE have beaten all comers and won the division every year he has played the majority of snaps since 2003 and the Jets have been one of the better teams in the AFC since Brady took over. We have 6 PO wins since Brady took over, the other 3 teams in the AFC West have 7 total in the same time frame.

I didn't miss anything, we cannot simply swap Geno for Rivers. if it was clean swap I'd agree but that is impossible.

Rivers has had more talent when he was in his prime and still couldn't win. I'd rather try my luck developing Petty or getting a young guy in the coming years.

4. nyjunc

Very good OL just like in SD, MUCH better RBs in SD.

Mark has issues protecting the ball, if he didn't he'd be a top 10 QB but he was good not shaky last year and that was w/ a new system for 3rd straight year, new team and coming off major injury to throwing shoulder that cost him 2013 season. Rivers is better weeks 1-17 but Rivers has been an awful playoff QB including when he gave us that 2009 div rd game and was outplayed by a rookie on the other side.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

I understand that. What's your solution to the quarterback conundrum?

You wouldn't deal Wilkerson for Rivers (assuming he wanted to come here)? What do we do at quarterback from there then? Pray Geno develops or go dumpster diving for Ryan Fitzpatrick's and Matt Moore's every year til we land another top 10 pick?

6. nyjunc

I wish I had the answer, I wish the Jets had the answer. For now I roll w/ Geno, give him one last shot while developing Petty. if we don't like what we see we try again in the draft next year.

we tried trading for a top QB w/ playoff talent around him and we choked and missed a golden opportunity in 2008 w/ Favre. I don't want to try that route again if we can help it.

7. James Hasty

You mean the game we won on a missed field goal?

Not exactly an indictment against Rivers.

8. nyjunc

The game we won on 2 critical TOs from Rivers and his inability to lead his O to more points. that game changed on his foolish INT thrown from his EZ.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Favre was 39 when we traded for him (or 38 turning 39). The only place where we are not as good on this team is the offensive line/running game but if Aboushi develops like he supposedly has been our offensive line could be better than expected. I think you could definitely say our defense and more specifically our pass rush/defense will be better than that time along with our receiving core.

10. nyjunc

OL is not as good, RBs are as good but Favre was a top QB a year later so he could still play and he was a guy that also gagged in big games he also won big games too which Rivers has never really done.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

And strike 3 from Kaeding. If he connected any of the 3, the outcome would have been different. [And not all 3 were long attempts.]

James Hasty likes this.
  12. nyjunc

The outcome MAY have been different. 2 were makeable, 1 was near 60 yds. just assuming he makes both that gives SD 20 pts and they win, right? but the game changes if he makes them. we dominated their O but got soft late w/ a 10 pt lead. would they have been able to drive for a TD if we didn't have the 10 pt lead and didn't sit back?

the game was 7-3 SD midway through the 3rd, Rivers threw a critical INT that set up our first TD and we never relinquished the lead.

13. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

I must have missed the Philip Rivers livejournal post where he says he doesn't want to play in New York.

If he isn't willing to play in NY then obviously that changes things. That said, I'd trade Wilk to have Rivers for one season.

14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    you win

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Stop posting your own pictures. Nobody is interested.

16. James Hasty

[​IMG]

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

This guy says hello.....

[​IMG]

Wait I'm sure you have some excuse as to why that was Rivers fault too

Walt White likes this.
  18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

the average fan knows he's a top qb in the league and realizes the numbers he puts up are a reflection of what actually fucking happened. the numbers are significant because good qb stats usually leads to winning football games.

retards who don't know what they're watching and just want to troll claim it's just fantasy and that he's not good.

Big Blocker and Walt White like this.
  19. AugustWest

AugustWest Active Member

Outplayed by a rookie?

Sanchez was a whopping 12/23, 100 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT in that game.

Kaeding handed the Jets that game on a silver platter.

Sanchez outplayed no one.

James Hasty and Walt White like this.
  20. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

throw in Keenan Allen and its a deal