Jets release Matt Simms

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Big Cat, May 28, 2015.

1. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Well Tebow was better than any of those guys in college and most of you think he sucks. Rex refused to play him even when Sanchez imploded and he had nothing to lose.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

No you are mistaken. We cut Simms not Jake Heaps

Footballgod214 likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Four. Out of how many HUNDREDS of third stringers that have come and gone? Matt Simms was a third stringer for years and was cut, passed on by every team, on the practice squad, and then got cut again. Romo and Warner were never cut twice. Oh, and Jeff Garcia was not a third string QB.

The closest you can get to Simms is Jake Delhomme and that's still a different career path.

I'd bet a lot of money on Simms never touching an NFL field again. I'd almost bet money he'll never be on an NFL roster again.

4. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Garcia was a CFL Qb undrafted. He signed with SF and shared the backup spot to Steve Young with Steve Stenstrom. There's not 4 there's many. And at plenty of positions not just Qb. I'll take the bet on Simms not taking the field in an NFL uni again. But I wouldn't bet the house on it. I hope you're happy with the choices made by the Jets as to who gets the starts as far as Qbs since 2009. I'd take Simms over those two guys.

FlaJet likes this.
  5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

One more thing about Simms. He was 3rd string last year because of Vick. But in 2013 he was the backup. And there's plenty of backups who've been starters.

James Hasty likes this.
  6. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

So he beat out Sanchez for the #2 before he went down? I must've missed that. Also had David Garrard not quit and then come back Simms wouldn't have even been on the roster.

7. BrowningNagle

You keep going on and on and on....like a boring scorned woman but you aren't offering any reasons why you think he's good or why he deserves a chance other than the fact that he's NOT the other bums we've had. That's not exactly a rave endorsement.

Cheer up!! You got Heaps to rally around now as "the guy who is not starting" that you can cry about not getting a chance

8. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Garrard wasn't physically capable of playing. Signing him was a joke.

TNJet likes this.
  9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

You haven't given a single reason other than your assumption that he sucks that he shouldn't have had a chance to play. He should have played because the other guys were bums. If they were good no argument.

10. DoubleDecker87

Which is why he was a perfect #3 Simms is a solid 4 or 5.

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

So we can't say a guy sucks because he didn't play, but you know enough about him that you'd take him over Geno and Sanchez? Got it.

12. DoubleDecker87

Good call, this time next year Heaps will be the GOAT around year, guaranteed.

13. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Its not possibly to know if he was good or not, because he never started a game. Its possible he was released because he wasn't very good in practice, but as every Jet fan should know, being good in practice doesn't mean shit if you can't bring it on the field, and vice versa. Muck Sanchez was great in practice, look where it got us on the field.

14. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Given he was on the team for 3 years and was never considered to start is really all you need to know.

15. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Lol I mean...okay then..

Jetaho likes this.
  16. DoubleDecker87

If he was any good he would've been signed by any of the other 31 teams at least once after the 8 times we released him.

Turbocharged23 likes this.
  17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Kurt Warner turned out alright.

18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The only reason I'd take Simms over Mark and Geno is because I know the results with those two. I don't with Simms. He got zero starts so he's the unknown. Again I'll take the unknown over complete incompetency. What did we have to lose, anyways. If he was worse than those two get rid of him.

19. BrowningNagle

That's really lame. There's plenty of reasons why he should be gone the biggest reason is that he asked for his release lol. He's also not accurate at all. I watched him chuck plenty of balls into the dirt at cortland. Mostly though, I don't really have to give a reason because I'm not the one crying that he should get a chance to play.

Again, cheer up. You acknowledge that the biggest reason he deserved a chance was because the other guys are bums. So if that's the case Theres no reason to be upset you have Heaps as the guy who is "not the other guys" as apparently that's all you need to believe in someone lol

20. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I could find dozens of 3rd string Qbs who were decent starters. Like Pat Ryan for example. He was an 11th round draft pick in 1978 and 3rd string behind Matt Robinson and Richard Todd. Imo Simms couldn't hold Ryan's jock strap. But Ryan got a chance and was a real good Jets player, a lot better than Geno or Mark. Simms never got a sniff. So not logical to say he sucks.