I'm getting worried about Mo

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GWjet, May 19, 2015.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Now you are dancing in circles - at the end of the day, I see Harris as more reliable, durable and can make more plays on the field then Spikes / McClain. Hence him getting the contract he got.

All of those linebackers are liabilities on passing downs (more of a liability then Harris), again schematically they can make that work by putting him in the best situation to succeed. I don't know why you keep going back to this well. I think you fail to see that point that the other posters were telling you.

Do I think Harris was worth 7m? Perhaps not, I would say 4 to 5 - he was overpaid, but he's still a better option at linebacker then the guys you listed.

At the end of the day, the Jets can make cap moves to open up cap space to resign Mo if need be, scenarios that were discussed in this thread before it got derailed.

2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

But he's not getting 7M. He's getting 5M per over 3 years guaranteed....

BTW mods please change thread title to "Harris is not good...."

3. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Or just ban (or suspend temporarily or something) jerseyjay14 if he keeps posting the same thing about Harris in each and every one of his posts regardless of the thread.

4. TurkJetFan

I say we all pitch in and buy him a game day Harris jersey.

PabloJa and James Hasty like this.
  5. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

I'm in!

6. 101GangGreen101

I played right into that gypsy's hands, I should have looked at his contract status again.

7. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

This is wrong. His contract is two years guaranteed and if he isn't cut the third year it's an additional 6.5mil. Attempting to make his guaranteed money number look smaller is a weak sauce argument

8. 101GangGreen101

The more you look at it, the deal isn't all that bad and it shouldn't hamper them from resigning Mo. Rey Maualuga is making around the same amount, and I think he's a lesser player. Brian Cushing is making about 8M, the dude never stays healthy. D'Qwell Jackson of the Colts sure did a great job helping stop the run for the Colts last season.

9. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

im not sure why you keep harping on harris being better. if he is better, its marginally. and being paid 4-5M more then those other guys. you simply cant pay 5M more for harris when he isnt a 3 down player/is a liability in coverage when we have many guys to worry about the next couple years(it isnt just wilkerson) and those other cheaper options can do a similar if lesser job.

"putting harris in the best situation". i dont know why you keep saying this. the goal is to do that with everyone. you can play spikes or mcclain 2 downs just as easily as you can play harris 2 downs. only at 2-3M it makes alot more sense to play a guy as a 2 down player as opposed to 7.5M

10. 101GangGreen101

I am not sure why you keep complaining about David Harris's contract. You really have no argument at this juncture and you are doing meaningless nitpicking.

There are no other options @ linebacker that can do with David Harris does with 5M less. If we drafted a linebacker [Eric Kendricks UCLA] I would understand your concern. That unfortunately did not happen.

Feel free to re-read this thread and look at all of the way where we can have Harris be an effective player on 3rd down.

Jets can get rid of Harris in 2 yrs - that will not affect Sheldon Richardson going forward.

11. jerseyjay14

there certainly are/were libnebacker options that could do what harris does, or very close, for 5M less. mcclain isnt great but he isnt some huge downgrade from Harris.

Saying it will not effect richardson the next years is really enormous speculation. he could easily hold out next season, especially if mo gets a payday

TNJet likes this.
  12. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Seriously start your own thread if you want to keep bitching about Harris.

OFF TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. TurkJetFan

don't bother...he does not possess the ability to say "good point" and will continue to babble despite all facts contrary to his statements

14. 101GangGreen101

If that were the case, the Jets would sign them. More meaningless nitpicking, just end this, it's over - you haven't made any point at all.

My bad guys, I didn't want to continue this argument, I am done and moving on now. There is no longer any substance to this argument.

Back on topic, those disrespecting Mo, did you guys see him on the top 100 for NFLN? They had some great points.

15. TurkJetFan

it's semantics...

over 3 fully guaranteed or for 2 fully with 1 with team option (which frankly is even better)..

it's not an additional 6.5 mil on top...it's 6.5 period which is fully negatable if cut pre 6/1

16. Charlie Kelly

It's not semantics. The Jets just paid him 15 million which counts against the cap over 2015 and 2016. If they don't cut him before 2017 they pay an additional 6.5 million. That's the contract. And completely different from what you were trying to say

17. TurkJetFan

It's really not all that different end of the day.... which means its semantics..

"I'm worried about Harris..." mods please change this thread title

18. Charlie Kelly

It's completely different and the only way you can attempt justify it in the end is if the Jets do actually keep Harris for the third year which is a huge long shot since his skills have diminished steadily over the past few seasons.

WHEN the Jets cut Harris after the 2016 season the truth will be that he got paid 7.5 million per season for 2015 and 2016. I'm not even all that down on Harris because of the overall strength of the defense but your argument is just a bad one

19. jerseyjay14

1) I'm responding to YOU, who keeps quoting and directing posts towards me about this.

2) it isnt off topic, as the money harris got could certainly have consequesnces with retaining wilkerson

no one is "bitching" i have been very civil stating my opinions. im not out here posting memes or calling people names. you are the one posting in all caps and getting all bent out of shape. if you dont want to discuss it, then stop quoting/responding.

20. TurkJetFan

I don't even know what is being argued besides a poster hell bent on making it seem like Harris sucks and the Jets paid him a cap crippling figure.

If you want to count beans over a couple of mil that's fine. :)