Per Chan Gailey - Barring injury, Geno is Week 1 starter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Unhappyjetsfan, May 20, 2015.

?

Did the CS make the right decision regarding Geno

1. Yes - Geno was the only viable option at Qb so why not name his the starter and be done.

19 vote(s)
    21.8%
  2. No- There should have been competition for the job. Geno should have had to earn it.

35 vote(s)
    40.2%
  3. This is May. It doesn't matter what the CS says.

33 vote(s)
    37.9%
  1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

you are one of the worst QB evaluators i've ever read.
    applying Wins and Losses solely on QB's, as if it's a QB stat, is as simplistic as it gets.

btw, please show me all these fantasy numbers i'm posting about.

2. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

This is what I'm talking about. I don't consider you throwing out excuses to be dissecting anything.

Who's to say Houston doesn't go 3-9 if Fitz isn't their QB. You only see things one way, and I don't find it enjoyable to talk football that way.

I appreciate how passionate and set in your ways you are, but I don't think it's worth my time to try and convince someone he's wrong. Especially if history says it will never end, like any Sanchez conversation.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Here is where you are wrong first; Fitz was what a 5 year player when he arrived to Buffalo, not a 10 yr vet.

This has nothing to do with "fantasy" #s, though that can be used in the argument. His play was better with the Bills then his previous 2 teams which is all I said. This has nothing to do with the NY Jets.

Sometimes you overthink things far too much - you have comprehension issues and you read only what you want to read.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The bolded should pretty much wrap up every junc convo.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am THE best, I don't just uses wins and losses. I judge on how they helped their team achieve those wins and losses not based on fantasy #s like you and 95% of the people on the board do.

I am dealing in facts, they were 6-6 w/ him and 3-1 w/o him.

His #s were better and he couldn't help that team win more than 6 games.

Yes, I have comprehension issues. too funny.

I love when you guys have nothing and just resort to attacking me. You guys can evaluate any way you want, you can pretend guys like Fitz are good or Philip Rivers is a top QB b/c they put up good/great fantasy #s. I see the game differently, this game is about winning above all else.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yet another thread...

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

How can anyone even carry on conversations with this guy after seeing the shit he says about how great he is? You're the best man. You have a niche for evaluating QBs. I mean, all we do is look at box scores and fantasy points. None of us have ever watched a game or film or anything. Just you.

You're an absolute joke, and I'm embarrassed FOR you. I also have no problems attacking you because it's honestly the douchiest thing I've seen on this website.

8. nyjunc

again, it's ok for you guys to attack b/c you have nothing but if I say something positive about myself it's wrong? Got it. Try to keep up and stop w/ the attacks.

9. BacktoQueens

lmao, then why aren't you scouting and coaching?
    maybe it's just possible you are an ill informed dueche with reading comprehension issues looking for a mass argument?

you do just use wins and losses. you did so in this thread, and have been using it for years on this board. are you now backing off that argument and admitting you were wrong?

still waiting on evidence of all those fantasy #s i've been posting about.....

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

Yes, you do have comprehension issues. He PERFORMED better [which we both already agreed on], there are other factors that ALWAYS play a role in wherever a team wins or loses.

It's sad you have to "pump your chest" to make yourself feel relevant in this discussion. A true knowledgeable fan doesn't need to say what you say to prove a point. You are like the Cam Newton of Jet posters, a Shitty debater (or in Cam's case a thrower of the football) that continuously thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread.

11. nyjunc

he put up better #s, it doesn't mean he was better. This isn't about me, you guys made it about me b/c you had nothing to attack my arguments with.

12. nyjunc

I'm sorry- are you scouting and coaching? show me where I am JUST using wins and losses?

13. 101GangGreen101

He was obviously better if that Bills CS thought he deserved a 60M dollar extension. Doesn't matter if they thought it was the wrong move a year later, at that time - they thought he improved enough to warrant an extension.

14. nyjunc

Teams make mistakes, there's a reason the Bills haven't been to postseason this Century.

15. BacktoQueens

i'm not claiming I'm THE BEST now am i?

show me where i'm using fantasy numbers.......as you keep claiming.
    I'm not even going to continue without that.

16. 101GangGreen101

Yeah inept ownership. I doubt Fitz's contract is on the top of the list as to why the Bills haven't made the post-season.

17. nyjunc

the best among message board nitwits(which I am one of)

looking back you haven't used fantasy #s or anything, you have literally brought nothing to the discussion other than criticizing the posts of others.

18. nyjunc

Nah, had nothing to do with I. Just another great decision by Buffalo, got them to 6 wins!

19. 101GangGreen101

Buffalo was sucking before Fitz got there, so I don't see your point here. Just admit you were wrong and we can move on.

20. BacktoQueens

At least you are honest about your deluded sense of self and reading comprehension mistakes

Fwiw the only person I criticized was you when you came in with the tired qb wins argument yet again
    I've made it clear what I'm looking for to determine who the starter should be