I'm getting worried about Mo

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GWjet, May 19, 2015.

1. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Wilkerson is UFA after the 2015 season, in order for them to play together for 2 seasons without a new contract he would have to be franchised which means both he and Richardson would be playing in contract years in 2016 and if the line plays well with those 3 you have to pay top guaranteed dollar to two players at the same position. Pretty stupid.

Carry on

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Sounds good. Should you call him or should I?

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Not only that but at the end of this season Coples, Snacks, Demario Davis, Ivory, Powell, and all of our non-rookie QBs will also be UFAs at the end of this year.

If we can't extend these guys we need to get busy before the trade deadline.

4. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

David harris is a pretty bad 1 dimensional player. it isnt tough to replace him. he isnt an every down player, and is arguably a liability on passing downs. spikes and mcclain arent great, but neither is a big drop off.

you dont keep someone because of leadership, especially during year 2 of a rebuild. you keep a guy for leadership at 1M maybe, but you dont d it for an overpayment at 7-8 million.

locking up mo is much more important. and letting it get to the franchise him/him holdout stage is a bad idea that usually leads to issues and often being forced to move the player. it is also very unwise to push his contract to the same offseason sheldon and harrison will be eligible for deals. as well as some other key free agents. as a prior poster mentioned, if we dont extend wilkerson this seaosn, we are going to need to look to trade him

5. silentkillah123

silentkillah123 New Member

yeah i hear ya a mf doom avvy would be sick. odd that the first person i reply too is also a mf doom fan like myself...what are the odds of that?!

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Lol not very high probably. My last avatar i had for a good year was an mf doom one. I'll show it to you when I'm not on mobile at work.

silentkillah123 likes this.
  7. silentkillah123

all opinions are subjective DMS, and I'm ok with your oppositional take on mine. time will tell all my friend. should mo become equal too or greater than jj when all is said and done then by all means sir pass me the ketchup and I'll gladly eat my words.

8. silentkillah123

now i just might snag the danger doom/danger mouse avvy for myself then!

#68 silentkillah123, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
  9. roger

roger Active Member

Like I said, your next insightful football comment will be your first.

Yes, both Richardson and Wilkerson will be in their contract years.

No better situation to be in if you are the GM of the Jets. Two top players competing for a contract.

At THAT time you extend one. Or extend both. Or extend neither.

You let them earn their money, you don't just hand it our arbitrarily.

Based on the seemingly endless string of idiotic posts you've thrown up on this board, I don't expect you to understand. Nor do I care if you do.

hornblower likes this.
  10. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Ah of course, you pay Wilk the average of the top 5 DE contracts in the league in his sixth season because you're not sure if he's good enough, even though you have already had him under contract for half a decade and know exactly how good he is.

At this point I just think you're trying to cover the fact that you didn't know when Wilkerson's contract ended. Your logic is non existent

You really don't have anything to offer this forum, so welcome to the ignore list

#70 Charlie Kelly, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
  11. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Hey get your own gimmick! Haha

But seriously anything is better than nothing.

12. roger

roger Active Member

Like I said, I don't expect someone with your limited knowledge of football to understand.

Carry on.

13. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Character concerns? really come on

14. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

You guys notice that Richardson was also a no show at camp? Have to wonder if he is making a statement about Mo given his comments defending Wilketson in the past...

15. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

If the jets truly are going to play a 3-4 defense next year, I think it is a huge waste to use Richardson, Wilk, or #1 pick Williams in any kind of rotation. All of them should be 3 -down players who should take the lion's share of snaps every game; They are all that good. IF (and it's a big If) the jets are going to move Wilk, it should only be for immediate and long term help on the OL. Somebody like the Cowboys who already had a great OL and then stole potential first round pick Collins in free agency might be willing to trade for Wilk--My opinion only, but I think that if the jets have any thoughts of trading Wilk, it should only be for proven young OL, not draft picks or any other position players. The jets have the 4th oldest OL in football AND frankly it is not very good.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I think it is a statement of his support for the Anne Frank museum.

hornblower and PabloJa like this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This will be an interesting test for the new regime. I'm in wait and see mode when it comes to Wilkerson, Mac and Bowles. Early drama with the Jets... go figure.

#77 Cman68, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
  18. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

I don't think mo will hold out. Bowles and him are a match made in heaven. They both come from the same town Elizabeth, nj. Went to the same hs and both played college ball at temple. Bowles isn't letting him go anywhere... Our d is gonna be elite this year.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's all cool. Mo and Sheldon have a role model now in Revis.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

WB Commander :cool:. Training Camp will tell us everything we need to know.