Ignorance is an excuse???

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jets_Grinch, May 11, 2015.

1. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Charlie Kelly likes this.
  2. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I agree. People saying this harsh penalty proves Goodell and Kraft aren't cosy together. Actually, the absence of penalty for Belichick proves otherwise.

Ignorance has not been an excuse until now. Funny how the NFL Policy changes as soon as it's convenient.

Sean Payton suspended a year for ignorance over Bountygate. Rich McKay suspended for ignorance over pumping crowd noise. Nothing for Belichick and this guy is an offender as it is.

NYJetsO12 and Charlie Kelly like this.
  3. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Goodell pushing the team and coaching punishment off on Vincent was definitely a result of him trying to avoid the precedent he set with the Bountygate punishment

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

a million bucks and a first rounder. I'd say the books are balanced for the organization.

5. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Not if Belicheck retires after 2015. Then he gets off free as bird like Carroll at USC.

6. Jetsruby

Would rather 2 Game Brady suspension and an 8 game Belichick suspension for ignorance. No fine.

7. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

suspensions too light. A travesty

rammagen and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I say we all refuse to buy Kraft Mac N Cheese

pdxdrew likes this.
  9. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

That would be like penalizing a coach because a player takes PED's. There is no proof that Belichick knew anything about it and you have to go by said proof rather than speculation. I think it's a joke that the Pats were docked draft picks. From the evidence provided the Wells report states that Brady acted alone and therefore only he should be penalized, not the organization. Don't get me wrong, as a Jets fan I love it but it's unfair.

10. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

I think it is complete crap that Brady was penalized, the team was penalized, but the head coach was left untouched. There's no way that Belicheat who did a press conference defending ball pressure had nothing to do with this, he should have been penalized the same number of games as his cheating QB.

FARCE

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

I agree. But perhaps Bill did the run under the bus again to Wells about his knowledge. cheaters are big liars too.

Cheaters and liars often turn each other out whe. The heat is up. Cheatriots have the corner on spying, espionage, covert illegal activity and turning favor for their benefit.

Lots of pats fans crying foul on Kraft for turning cheek again. They are sheeple.

Bill should have gotten suspended too. He bargained his innocence.

Great Balls of Liar

12. Jetsruby

I don't think u understand. I'm not saying Belichick knew anything. That's the point. Sean payton didn't either. Goodell has been cited that "Ignorance is not an excuse." If Bill Belichick was ignorant (and knew nothing), then he should still be punished. And if he knew something, then he should also be punished. Either way, where is his punishment.

rammagen and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Sean Payton knew about bountygate.

14. Jetsruby

And belichick probably knew about Deflategate. But in both cases, they were claimed to be innocent. It's not like Goodell didn't say "Ignorance is not an excuse." He said that. That's all that matters. He's been punishing coaches, presidents, and owners by that sole reasoning. Be consistent.

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Patriot Way=The Krafty Way=The Roger Goodell Way . Its all just interchangleble parts

All that matters now is having LWilliams put Sh*dy on his cheating heine.