How did Maccagan do in his first draft?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 2, 2015.

?

How did Maccagnan do?

1. Better than Expected

2. As Expected

3. Worse than expected

4. Too early to tell

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

It's early obviously but I think he hit a few out the park!

2. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

douchebag*

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Me thinks you need to have a doctor check out your gut. It sounds like it may be full of fetid, rank, waste and it's making you delirious.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I thought he did well - you just felt while watching the draft that they had a plan and an idea of what they were doing - which is more than could be said of recent off-seasons.

greenbeanz and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

Thank God Washington screwed it up then. I would have gone ballistic is Scherff had been our pick. I would have probably wound up in the hospital from a heart attack or in jail for attacking Mac. Scherff would have been an AWFUL pick.

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Minimum of at least 3,000 posts? Lol

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He did not but he was a gunner on special teams.

8. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

yea,, id have lost it if we took scherff. i know there is a need for oline but with so many impact players cant take one there. we need a dominant defender or explosive offensive playmaker or franchise qb. all where an option and we got one.

9. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I think spontaneously combusted. We had to take you back from the precipice as it was.

In lieu of the fact we weren't in a spot to grab MM or JM I'm happy with it. I was impressed with him that he didn't waver in his plan or the noise that followed.

The roster is stacked. Maybe Fitz can have a career year with Gailey and hopefully a top D setting them up.

I never was that crazy about Fitz but he has had some decent moments.

Watching Geno give games to the other team is just not an option. I live and die with Fitz

10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Shut the fuck up, John. You got fired for a reason. Stop trolling. Mac is doing 100x times better than you ever did.

If I had to tell you - I really don't care much about [this year]. I know the Jets are not going anywhere. That said, I am happy that my cries for QB has been answered - and Petty won't be rushed in to the starting line up. Unless he proves to be an utter moron that GeNO is, Jets are looking mighty good in 2016 and beyond. When Petty takes the reins, the showtime begins.

Big Blocker likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

Mainly, I was just venting some frustration, but was more pissed with this team than I've been in a long time. Thanks for the helping hand. I think I've decided going forward that I'm not going to spend any time on prospects prior to the draft. It's just too frustrating seeing the players I really like and want on the Jets, wind up with other teams, whether it's because they never fall to the Jets or the Jets take someone else. I think it will be less frustrating if I don't get my hopes up over certain players and just learn about those whom the Jets have actually picked.

LV Coach, Walt White and TNJet like this.
  12. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Not sure why we traded back in the 3rd round. If Devin Thomas pans out ill give this draft an A, but if he doesn't then it's suspect. Couldn't really mess up that 1st pick though.

IDFjet likes this.
  13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I don't think that's how Jets FO operates these days. That ends up with trade-ups and all that stuff we've been through.

I think Mac repeatedly said they approach the draft from [value] standpoint, and don't really stay locked-in with a particular player.

After all, there is more than one way to skin a cat. As long as the FO has a coherent plan, and stick to it, they are doing their job just fine - no? That was one big take-away from the past FA and draft. Looks like they have a plan, and they are sticking to it. Maybe you will disagree, but the team has addressed a lot of needs in spades. Maybe it's the first-year honeymoon thing, but I like what I see from this front office thus far.

14. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I hope you're right.

But if I see Geno undermine this team as it is constituted with a dumbass maneuver or a pick 6 to a wide open defender my brain's gonna pop, lol. At least I know Fitz understands the concept to not give the game to the other team in the heat of the moment or at least try not too, lol

15. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

If the draft was able to get that bum Heath Evans to acknowledge that it was good we must have done something right considering all he does is dick ride the pats

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

All I said was - even if GeNO pulls that shit off, this year will be his last. Petty is coming in next year - that becomes inevitable. Jets are literally going nowhere with GeNO. Maybe to playoff if Fitzpathetic takes the offense. Either way, they are going nowhere. If Petty grows up to be a competent QB [that I hope he grows up to be] then it's going to be a fun time in Jetland.

NYJetsO12 and Walt White like this.
  17. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

John Idzik's drafts (especially 2014) sucked a big fat moose cock, not only for who he picked but who he didn't.

Fuck John Idzik with a pineapple soaked in sirracha.

_

BleedingGreen55 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Have some dignity, my friend.

Simple DIAF will save some for ya.

Walt White likes this.
  19. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Fuck it. Our next gm should just be a Poll in a TGG thread. Remember when someone on here suggested the Jets just hire an intern to scout all the Jets blogs on the internet and we draft based on those results? LOL

20. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

I think he did a reasonable job.

It all depends if the hype surrounding Leonard Williams is warranted. My gut tells me that Williams was third on the Jets draft board behind Fowler and Amari Cooper. It is concerning that Washington passed on him considering that their GM is notorious for be the soundest talent evaluator in the league.

The good news is that you can never have enough defensive lineman. I don't think anyone would be complaining if Leonard Williams turns into another Wilk or Richardson.