Grade The Jets 2015 Draft:

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, May 2, 2015.

1. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Considering that none of Sheldon, Mo, or Snacks played 95% last year that is very unlikely.

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That's my boy!

3. roger

roger Active Member

4. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

That's stupid logic, if Leo. Williams becomes the Wilkerson replacement that allows us to sign other guys down the road and have flexibility without having to worry about Williams deal until after the 2019-2020 season(In which they can franchise him afterwords)

I don't like giving out draft grades but I am pretty satisfied with the deal. Day 3 could I wasn't sure about but honestly that's nitpicking and the team is probably just trying to improve its talent. I get why these draft picks happened and where they were going with them.

tiger8mush likes this.
  5. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

The naysaying is just as worse. These guys haven't even taken a snap on the field. The pessimism is tough to read and take seriously on May 2nd 2015.

What we needed to see in this draft is if our new regime had a plan for what they were doing and they absolutely did. Now whether these players sink or swim is entirely another thing but I at least get and understand all of these picks and decisions. That's what I took most out of this draft with the new guys at the helm.

NCJetsfan and Walt White like this.
  6. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Velociraptor, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent draft analysis were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

7. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Leonard Williams--F plus at best

8. PJ4Ever

I'll take an 8th of whatever you're smoking please.

9. PJ4Ever

And drafting Williams doesn't even remotely mean you have to give up Wilkerson. Wilk is under team control for at least two more years. Coples could easily be let go next year. This isn't rocket science. I think Jets fans are just so unaccustomed to a GM who tries to acquire depth.

10. Walt White

He jests...he's with it

11. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

More like a Kenrick Ellis NT depth replacement.

12. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

he is better and more versatil then an of that trio

13. Walt White

Sheldon was at 79.6. Mo at 70.5 , Coples at 67, and Snacks drops off at 47.6.

I don't get the problem people have with wondering how Williams fits in or how there's playing time for him, or how playing time shakes out.

People were all perplexed about how Richardson was gonna fit too. Because of labels.

It's about players and playing to your strengths

Catfish Billy likes this.
  14. Vanbiesbrouck

Vanbiesbrouck Active Member

When you remember that we also got Brandon Marshall with a pick in this draft (via trade), it's a really, really good draft. Go back to 2014, and remember the 12 picks of nothing we got under Idzik. Here, we got a stud DL, a fast WR who can play on special teams, a great WR who will start for us in Marshall, and the # 3 QB in the draft.

I'm pretty happy with the draft, and happy that our GM seems to be addressing our actual problems like secondary, WR, etc. Fixing the QB situation wasn't entirely possible, but, he got us a back up in Fitztragic that will at least practice like he's going to play on the weekend (unlike Vick). We need more O-line help, and we still need a QB, but he did a good job patching every other hole we had (and a few we didn't).

tiger8mush likes this.
  15. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

We clearly won free agency and got nice trades for Brandon Marshall, etc. with some day three draft picks. Our draft on the other hand was OK but nothing to write home about. Now if the QB pans out I will change my tune and we can all high five each other.

For those calling it an A+ or a home run I will show you what an A+ draft looks like. Picking five spots below us, here is what the Minnesota Vikings did with their picks:

Minnesota Vikings

11. Michigan State CB Trae Waynes
    45. UCLA ILB Eric Kendricks
    88. LSU DE Danielle Hunter
    110. Pittsburgh OT T.J. Clemmings
    143. Southern Illinois TE MyCole Pruitt
    146. Maryland WR Stefon Diggs
    186. Oklahoma OT Tyrus Thompson
    193. Louisville DE B.J. Dubose
    228. Alabama G/T Austin Shepherd
    232. Newberry OLB Edmond Robinson

16. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

B- I really don't care for our 2/3/4 picks. Stick Williams as the top pick on the Minnesota draft above and I would have been overjoyed.

Anyway, I'm happy to eat crow when this thread gets bumped in 3 years time

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Other than TJ Clemmings, who slipped for injury related reasons, I am not seeing the amazing value in that draft? Its a good, solid draft but not really one for the ages.

I would say our draft was a solid B or B+ - we had no reaches or crazy picks but you have to feel the Williams pick was largely forced on us as the value was too good to pass up as (I would assume) we would have rather had Fowler, Cooper or Mariota and so we cant say we got "our guy".

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

B+ because Kevin White or Green Beckham should have been Jets.

19. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I would give us a B+ for this draft - rising to an A if Petty proves to be any good over the next 2 or 3 years.

It was really great to watch a draft where the Jets management really knew what they were doing. Its very obvious where our new GM's coming from, with a scouting/drafting background and contacts in other teams, and he's made it very clear in press conferences, etc that he is in charge of the draft, etc and our new Head Coach is in charge of team matters. Can you really imagine Rex not wanting to have his say in the picks.

Roll on training camp, as a Jets fan this is the best I have felt about the team for many years.

20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member