NFL DRAFT 2015 DISCUSSIONS / ROUNDS 4-7

Discussion in 'Draft' started by DoubleDecker87, May 1, 2015.

1. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Clemmings was being billed as a 1st round talent up until it came out that a calcified stress fracture was found in his foot. In the 4th round I'd say its a pretty good risk/reward selection.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  2. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

We've been linked to Tre Jackson out of FSU before so I think we take him here. That FSU Offensive line was incredible in 2013 and still pretty good last year. Definitely a nice choice.

3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Have you seen how serious/longterm of an injury it's projected to be?

Also, I wonder how bad Ajayi's knees are. Very surprised he's fallen this far and wonder if he's also worth a shot despite these injury concerns.

Oklahoma OTs Tyrus Thompson and Daryl Williams are on the board; I'd be happy with one of them.
    Some RBs I'd like here are Buck Allen or Jeremy Langford
    At this point, I wouldn't have a problem with Petty or Hundley, really
    I know there's been so much defense already, but I really like FS Derron Smith and am surprised he's still on the board.
    If they want to double up at OLB, Davis Tull is an intriguing player to me.

4. scott dierking II

scott dierking II Active Member

Kiper(I know, grain of salt) says that the stress fracture in Clemmings's foot has caused some teams to remove T.J. from their draft boards altogether.

5. Will

Will Well-Known Member

I have looked at the full roster and ranked on a 3 Tier philosophy. Tier 1 will make the final 53 and will could see substantial playing time, Tier 2 are those who are fighting for a roster place at present but are capable of making a contribution if they do make the final 53 and the Tier 3 guys are those I see more as camp bodies at this point and will have to really stand out to have any chance of making the roster let alone the practice squad. This should let us see where we really have needs and where there is a lack of competition. Please note that I make not like having to put a guy in a specific Tier (Giacomini) but am looking at the guaranteed cash and the likelihood another player listed supplants them. No GM will cut any of their picks from rounds 1-4 which is why I I have all posted as Tier 1.

OFFENCE – 25 Places

QB - 3

Tier 1 QB Geno Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick

Tier 2 QB Matt Simms

Tier 3 QB

There were only 2 QBs who could have impacted on our Tier 1 in the draft and neither was available. Any prospect taken now will at most compete with Simms for the third spot on the roster. Realise there will be a competition but everyone has to hope Geno steps up and takes charge as he has a higher ceiling than Fitzpatrick.

RB - 4/5

Tier 1 RB Chris Ivory, Bilal Powell,

Tier 2 RB Daryl Richardson, Stevan Ridley, Tommy Bohanon

Tier 3 RB

Jets are likely to take a back on day 3 with 1-2 who could be Tier 1 (Jay Ajaji) or Tier 2 (Cobb), not sure but if a Tier 1 then Ridley and Richardson will struggle to stick’

WR - 6/7

Tier 1 WR Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, Jeremy Kerley, Devin Smith

Tier 2 WR Quincy Enunwa, Shaquelle Evans, Chris Owusu

Tier 3 WR T.J.Graham, Saalim Hakim, DeVier Posey,Walter Powell,

Jets have sufficient unknowns here to not add further in my view. The 4 Tier 1 WRs complement each other and the three Tier 2s are all young and are unknown ahead of camp.

OL - 8

Tier 1 OL Nick Mangold, James Carpenter, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Breno Giacomini,

Tier 2 OL Dalton Freeman, Willie Colon, Brian Winters, Oday Aboushi, James Brewer, Dakota Dozier, Ben Ijalana, Brent Qvale,

Tier 3 OL Wesley Johnson, Corey Hilliard, Sean Hooey,

This is an area that every one wants to upgrade, both guard spots and RT. Personally I would like a RT but MacCagnan has made it clear he would build the Oline in the later rounds if possible so will watch here – possibilities include Clemmings (injury concern) Daryl Williams (G Oklahoma), Tyrus Thompson (OT Oklahoma) or Tre Jackson, G Florida State. Would look at Collins as a UDFA

TE - 3/4

Tier 1 TE Jace Amaro, Jeff Cumberland

Tier 2 TE Zack Sudfeld

Tier 3 TE Chris Pantale

Not a good draft for TEs and not too sure any that are left would be anything more than a camp flier.

DEFENCE – 25 Places

DL - 7

Tier 1 DL Muhammad Wilkerson, Sheldon Richardson, Damon Harrison, Leonard Williams

Tier 2 DL T.J. Barnes, Leger Douzable, Kevin Vickerson, Ikemefuna Enemkpali

Tier 3 DL Stephen Bowen, Ronald Talley,

A really well stacked position and unlike others I do not want to trade any of these guys unless we absolutely have to. This should ensure we are stout against the run and able to generate pressure without blitzing.

LB - 7/ 8

Tier 1 LB David Harris, Demario Davis, Quinton Coples, Calvin Pace, Lorenzo Mauldin

Tier 2 LB Erin Hendersen, Jamari Latimore, Joe Hayes, Trevor Reilly,

Tier 3 LB Mario Harvey, Jasin Babin, Chris Young

The Jets upgraded the depth here during free agency and the draft. Still think this is the weakest area of the Defence. Babin generates too little for the flags he draws to be anything other than Tier 3 for me here.

CB - 6/7

Tier 1 CB Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie, Buster Skrine, Dee Milliner, Dexter McDougle,

Tier 2 CB Darrin Walls, Marcus Williams

Tier 3 CB Curtis Brown, , Keith Lewis, Dashaun Phillips,

This is another real area of strength, especially if Milliner and McCougle recover. There will be a decent CB put on the street after Jets make their final cuts with me favouring Williams over Walls for that spot.

DB - 4/5

Tier 1 DB Calvin Pryor, Marcus Gilchrist

Tier 2 DB Antonio Allen, Jaiquawn Jarrett, Rontez Miles

Tier 3 DB

Here again we are a little unsure of the starting line up and who will make the team. AA gives Bowles flexibility and Miles was really unlucky to get injured before the final game when he was to dress. Miles really needs a good camp to stick on the final 53.

6. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Jay Ajayi here for me i I love this kid, just a highly productive back with 4.5 speed able to catch the ball out of the backfield and stands at 6 ft 221 pounds. Quick footed, fluid and explosive. Reliable in pass protection, soft hands. Ajayis knees might be worse than advertised but its Day 3 we need more weapons and if we can healthy he'd be worth the pick.

And for what its worth on a lot of "experts" are loving our draft, this isn't normal lol

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hate to say it but I agree.

_

8. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

TJ Clemmings for me. The dude is very raw but has a very high ceiling. He has really long arms (35 1/8) and good technique for a guy who has only played OT for 2 years. He will not play this season but with a year of NFL strength training, coaching, and film I can see him as a long term replacement for Brick. In the 4th round....if he lasts.

9. JStokes

Can you please put out a polite warning about "No Spoilers" in the thread title?

Dudes last night decided we didn't need to watch the pick on the TV after watching for hours, that we'd instead prefer to hear from posters here moments before the actual pick is made on the Telly.

Thanks.

_

Freddy Mondo and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Trenton Brown should be the pick. He has the potential to be an all-pro tackle. you can play him at gaurd at times this year or sit him and groom him as bricks replacement. Clemmings isnt worth drafting. he is a depth guy, not someone you see being a staple of an offensive line for years to come.

we arent talking a running back before round 6 or 7. or at least we shouldnt

11. jerseyjay14

TRENTON BROWN!

The guy is a mountain with the footwork of a ballerina. got his weight down to 355 and looked great when kicked to tackle at florida. the guy is a potential beast at tackle and the only guy i see capable of replacing fergeson left in this draft. by far the longest wingspan in the draft and has that initial punch you love to see from a tackle to knock guys off balance.

12. jerseyjay14

or even a not-so-polite one.

if we wanted spoilers we would be on twitter, not here watching the draft live

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  13. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

This is very cool

@FieldYates: A testament to why today matters: 20 of the 44 starters in Super Bowl 49 were drafted in the fourth round or later.

Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Is he any relation to Jethro?

15. NCJetsfan

I heard last night that Ajayi has bone on bone. IMO there's no way the Jets or any team should touch him. It's sad for the kid, but he should want to be able to walk without pain when he's 40.

Truth4U2 likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

Yes, Ajayi has bone on bone. That's DRob all over again. No way the Jets should take him.

Truth4U2 likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

With Gailey's multiple receiver sets, Greene could still be an excellent addition. Also, if Mac is true to his word about BAP, then Greene could wind up being the BAP at the Jets' pick. He's better than Evans or any of the other young WRs already on the team imo.

Big Cat likes this.
  18. JStokes

Right? And then I get called an 80 year old curmudgeon because I'd prefer to get my results the "old fashioned way" lol.

_

19. jerseyjay14

part of the fun is the anticipation and hearing the pick and seeing the reaction. if it wasnt, then they wouldnt even televise it, they would just list the results online.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  20. JStokes

GET OFF MY LAWN!!

_

jerseyjay14 likes this.