Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

but what is it? how good do you think I think he is? the problem is 90% of the board fails to actually read.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I've never seen someone so desperately try to boost their own confidence. Yeesh...

It's a lot of things... 70% wrong is the best way to sum it up.

3. nyjunc

what I expected, you have nothing.

4. BroadwayAaron

Your opinion is very simple. You think he's a QB that wins when surrounded by talent but was "sabotaged" in a way by bad front office decisions. Hey, congrats, you have the same opinion as half the Jets fanbase. You run into problems when you try to defend your opinion against people who disagree.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

not everyone looks at #s and makes a judgement on QBs. I do not do that. #s are important, but of course there are other factors that play a role. To answer your question, what I mean is you don't know when the QB is hurting the team. You failed to recognize the fact that MS hurt the team in 2012 - the proof is in each and every Sanchez topic on this board and no we will not go into specifics.

Team accomplishments are just that team accomplishments. 1 player didn't deserve all of the credit for 2010, but you seem to give Mark Sanchez all of the credit in the world by calling him a top 10 QB that year, which is absurd. We can discuss any scenario in regards to QBs, but I have a hard time believing you know the most on this board when it comes to QBs. Overly confident to be honest.

6. nyjunc

I don't run into any problems, I present a great argument for him.

90% of the Jet fanbase think he's the worst QB we have ever had. most of the arguments stem from that.

7. BroadwayAaron

You don't. And the fact that you think you do just about sums it all up.

I think most people would agree that he can win when surrounded by talent because he did. The problem is, it's kind of hard NOT to win when surrounded by talent. That doesn't make someone a good QB. What makes someone a good QB is being able to make the people around him better. Mark not only didn't do that, but he got worse himself. There are telltale signs everywhere that most people not named nyjunc on a Jets website can see.

8. nyjunc

MOST simply use #s. Many people think Jay Cutler is a good QB and wanted him as a Jet.

I didn't fail to recognize anything, Mark was awful in 2012 which is something I have always said. one of the worst QBs in the league that year but unlike most I realize he had no help, how was a QB supposed to succeed under the circumstances he was in?

1 player never deserves all the credit for a team winning, not even Brady(though he deserves the majority of credit). at no point have I EVER given Mark al the credit or anywhere near all the credit for 2010. I have ALWAYS said the D was the primary reason for making both title games but unlike the majority of our average fanbase I realize Mark was vital to those runs as well. even truly great defenses(which we NEVER had) need good QB play to win consistently in January.

Mark was a top 10 type of QB that season(and that season alone), whether he was 8,9,10,11,12 he was right there among the top 10 but the average fan cannot see that b/c he didn't put up eye popping #s.

9. BroadwayAaron

You're doing my work for me.

10. nyjunc

so many of the supposed top guys have all had top talent(or close to it) and can't win so that statement is foolish.

11. nyjunc

name me the 10 better QBs during that 2010 season rather than just posting childish insults.

12. 101GangGreen101

Yeah, you failed to realize it because you wanted Mark to start the very next year! I am fully aware of the 2012 Jets, there are certain things Mark Sanchez as the QB could have avoided himself. I know plenty of other QBs, the Jets could have won w/ in 2010. He wasn't a top 10 QB that yr. He played well w/in his role but even so, he didn't make anyone around him better.

He wasn't a top 10 QB in 2010 - get over it. It has nothing to do with the #s either.

13. BroadwayAaron

Rogers, Peyon, Eli, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Flacco, Matt Ryan, Big Ben, Vick... and that's if you want me to just stop at 10.

14. nyjunc

we had a new OC and more talent entering 2013 so yes I wanted Mark to start. add in we had a rookie who clearly wasn't ready to play and it was a no brainer to start Mark.

the pass game keyed us in 2010. the D wasn't as good as 2009, the run game wasn't as good, we fell behind and had to come back many times and he led us back many times. his #s weren't top 10 worthy but his play in helping our team win 11 games(10 plus the finale) and win 2 games in postseason made him top 10 worthy. Rivers had the #1 O and #1 D in a weak division and couldn't make the playoffs but Rivers is a "top QB" b/c he always puts up good fantasy #s. that is the mentality of the average fan.

15. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Enough arguing on the internet for today boys

[​IMG]

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Dude, I KNOW he never cared about being here. This was his fuck you weigh station to get out of GB. He was not going to get to an NFC North team because the Pack put a one year moratorium on that. But thats where he wanted to go. He cut a 1 year deal with the devil Woody.

I don't know if you know this but I'm actually a Jet fan, a STH and I live and breathe this franchise.

The day we traded for him I was driving my family to the Outer Banks for a 2 week vacation. A 10 hour drive. I had just purchased a new Suburban the week before and got satellite radio for the first time in my life. It also happened to be the day that the NFL network, in the midst of two a days, was doing the Jets. It was the perfect vortex of Jets and Favre trade overkill. My kids STILL remember listening for 10 straight hours sbout Favre. And I wad torn because Penningtin was one of my favorite Jets of all time. Named my golden Penny after him. She's 14 now.

And he sent dick picks to Jenn Stenger. So did I.

All of that is IRRELEVANT.

Unless you believe that at 8-3, tied for first in the AFC, being touted as a legit Super Bowl contender, he just decided, fuck it, I don't want to be here anymore.

I'm throwing games. I'm no longer going to prepare. I'm no longer super competitive Brett Favre, I'm fuck it sit on the couch Brett Favre and not give a shit anymore. Wait it out till next year Brett Favre.

Do you not see a difference in his last 5 games from his first 11?

My buddies and I were toasting our SB trip after we beat the Titans. The whole league was toasting us.

The next week, and the week after and the week after that, my buddies and I were WTF, something is very wrong here. Get Clemmens in there. Do something. Anything. He's not right.

But Favre was too selfish to sit. He was injured. Could no longer perform. He HAD to sit but Mangini couldn't control him.

Had he not gotten injured, we'd never have heard of any of the BS.

Winning brings out the positive stories. Losing brings out the shit stories.

It mystifies me how a Jet fans don't remember what went on that year. Could have been a GREAT ending. Injury is what put that wildly off course.

Not disinterest. Not unpreparedness. Not not wanting to be here. Not dick pics.

Injury. And then selfishness.

_[/QUOTE]
    +++

Agree with all that except the blaming mangini part. Brett was injured but the injury was not obvious, like a broken leg. It was more along the lines of a possible mini-concusion.

In hind sight I'm certain mangini (or any HC) would have benched the great one. But at the moment a lot of jobs were riding on Brett taking us places and his downturn in performance could have been a 1-2 game temporary thing. No one knew (except Brett possibly).

17. nyjunc

you can keep posting names but how about posting 10 better QBs that season?

Eli threw 25 INTs, in the biggest game of the season he threw 4 INTs and cost his team a playoff spot. how in the world was he better than Mark?

Flacco and Mark were on the same level.

One note about Rivers- had #1 D in weak division and couldn't even get to the playoffs.

keep trying.

18. BroadwayAaron

You're a comedy act...

So in one sentence it's Eli costing his team the playoffs... two sentences later we rag on Rivers for not getting to the playoffs with the #1 D? Is it a team thing or is it a QB thing? Are we caring about numbers or not? You have no idea what you're arguing. You're flip flopping based off how the situation ends up favoring you.

19. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

20. 101GangGreen101

That 2010 Chargers team didn't make the playoffs because they had one of the worst Special Teams, I have ever seen. They surrendered so many points. I do agree, I don't think Rivers has the "IT" factor, but I think he's still a better QB then Sanchez. Mark played well given his role that yr, he did some unexpected things. That doesn't make him a top 10 QB, he was part of a great team, nothing more nothing less.

If he kept up his solid play from earlier in the yr, when he was throwing 3 TDs / gm against Divisional foes, maybe I would agree w/ you but he didn't.