Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="JStokes, post: 3235458, member: 19848"So he just stopped giving a crap at 8-3. Tied for first in the AFC.

Yeah, fuck it, I'm Brett Favre, I don't give a shit anymore.

Holy crap, don't become junc. Or PCL.

_[/QUOTE]
    He never cared man what is going through your head? He was trashed by the Packers for trying to go to the Vikings two years before, he even used a Packers cell phone to try to maneuver it. They shut him down and he kept fake retiring in hopes that they'd just release him. He initially trashed the trade to the Jets too, in case you forgot, but after a week he changed his mind. Then he played a year with a team that he was so passionate about that he spent his time in a hotel room sending dick texts to a girl who did stadium interviews while his wife was elsewhere, then when the season was over he fake retired again and waited until a week after they drafted a QB (for a lot of money) and then unretired again knowing that they couldn't afford him, knowing they'd have to cut him. Are you really daft enough to think that whole scenario was not premeditated??? He went to the Vikings in a day and a half after that. Wake up guy, Favre would have thrown a football to Mangini with 7 seconds left in the AFCC if it meant going to the Vikings.

2. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The Packers refused to trade Favre to his team of choice the Vikings. And in order to facilitate the trade with GB Tannenbaum had to agree to a poison pill: if he traded Favre to Minnesota he had to give up three 1st round draft picks. After 2008 Favre retired and asked the Jets to release him. If they did then Brett could sign with any team including the Vikings with no compensation to GB. The question is why did Tanny comply with Favre's wishes. Was it as a favor or the original plan all along. At the time Brett said he had no intention to unretire. But as soon as he was free and clear from the Jets and the Packers original trade requirements Favre soon signed with Minnesota. A lot of people speculated that he wanted to play in the same division as GB to enact his revenge for basically discarding him. Well, he had a great year in 2009 and a bad one in 2010.

#602 pclfan, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  3. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Actually, it's more like if you had a house with a unattached garage. And the garage collapsed and was leaning on the house blocking the back door and threatening the structural integrity of the house. In that instance, "repairing" the problem would absolutely be knocking the garage to the ground and removing it from the property. It wouldn't make the house as great as it always was, but it would make it infinitely better than it was with potential structural problems and no use of the back door or back yard.

The term "repair" means to fix a problem. Cutting a torn bicep tendon apparently repairs the problem as best as medically possible.

4. Charlie Kelly

Yea I probably gave stokes too much hard time over the term "repair", sorry stokes, that was a bad argument on my part

Footballgod214 likes this.
  5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

He never cared man what is going through your head? He was trashed by the Packers for trying to go to the Vikings two years before, he even used a Packers cell phone to try to maneuver it. They shut him down and he kept fake retiring in Giles that they'd just release him. He initially trashed the trade to the Jets too, in case you forgot, but after a week he changed his mind. Then he played a year with a team that he was so passionate about that he spent his time sending dick texts to a girl who food stadium interviews while his wife was elsewhere, then when the season was over he fake retired again and waited until a week after they drafted a QB (for a lot of money) and then unretired again knowing that they couldn't afford him, knowing they'd have to cut him. Are you really daft enough to think that whole scenario was not premeditated??? He went to the Vikings in a day and a half after that. Wake up guy, Favre would have thrown a football to Mangini with 7 seconds left in the AFCC if it meant going to the Vikings.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I KNOW he never cared about being here. This was his fuck you weigh station to get out of GB. He was not going to get to an NFC North team because the Pack put a one year moratorium on that. But thats where he wanted to go. He cut a 1 year deal with the devil Woody.

I don't know if you know this but I'm actually a Jet fan, a STH and I live and breathe this franchise.

The day we traded for him I was driving my family to the Outer Banks for a 2 week vacation. A 10 hour drive. I had just purchased a new Suburban the week before and got satellite radio for the first time in my life. It also happened to be the day that the NFL network, in the midst of two a days, was doing the Jets. It was the perfect vortex of Jets and Favre trade overkill. My kids STILL remember listening for 10 straight hours sbout Favre. And I wad torn because Penningtin was one of my favorite Jets of all time. Named my golden Penny after him. She's 14 now.

And he sent dick picks to Jenn Stenger. So did I.

All of that is IRRELEVANT.

Unless you believe that at 8-3, tied for first in the AFC, being touted as a legit Super Bowl contender, he just decided, fuck it, I don't want to be here anymore.

I'm throwing games. I'm no longer going to prepare. I'm no longer super competitive Brett Favre, I'm fuck it sit on the couch Brett Favre and not give a shit anymore. Wait it out till next year Brett Favre.

Do you not see a difference in his last 5 games from his first 11?

My buddies and I were toasting our SB trip after we beat the Titans. The whole league was toasting us.

The next week, and the week after and the week after that, my buddies and I were WTF, something is very wrong here. Get Clemmens in there. Do something. Anything. He's not right.

But Favre was too selfish to sit. He was injured. Could no longer perform. He HAD to sit but Mangini couldn't control him.

Had he not gotten injured, we'd never have heard of any of the BS.

Winning brings out the positive stories. Losing brings out the shit stories.

It mystifies me how a Jet fans don't remember what went on that year. Could have been a GREAT ending. Injury is what put that wildly off course.

Not disinterest. Not unpreparedness. Not not wanting to be here. Not dick pics.

Injury. And then selfishness.

_

6. JStokes

Suck my dangling tendon.

_

7. JStokes

I was going to use a cancer surgery "repair" and "fix" analogy, but there's a stalker here who always complains about it when I bring it up, so I didn't want to bring it up and get flamed again.

But yeah, that's it.

_

8. Charlie Kelly

Dude, I KNOW he never cared about being here. This was his fuck you weigh station to get out of GB. He was not going to get to an NFC North team because the Pack put a one year moratorium on that. But thats where he wanted to go. He cut a 1 year deal with the devil Woody.

I don't know if you know this but I'm actually a Jet fan, a STH and I live and breathe this franchise.

The day we traded for him I was driving my family to the Outer Banks for a 2 week vacation. A 10 hour drive. I had just purchased a new Suburban the week before and got satellite radio for the first time in my life. It also happened to be the day that the NFL network, in the midst of two a days, was doing the Jets. It was the perfect vortex of Jets and Favre trade overkill. My kids STILL remember listening for 10 straight hours sbout Favre. And I wad torn because Penningtin was one of my favorite Jets of all time. Named my golden Penny after him. She's 14 now.

And he sent dick picks to Jenn Stenger. So did I.

All of that is IRRELEVANT.

Unless you believe that at 8-3, tied for first in the AFC, being touted as a legit Super Bowl contender, he just decided, fuck it, I don't want to be here anymore.

I'm throwing games. I'm no longer going to prepare. I'm no longer super competitive Brett Favre, I'm fuck it sit on the couch Brett Favre and not give a shit anymore. Wait it out till next year Brett Favre.

Do you not see a difference in his last 5 games from his first 11?

My buddies and I were toasting our SB trip after we beat the Titans. The whole league was toasting us.

The next week, and the week after and the week after that, my buddies and I were WTF, something is very wrong here. Get Clemmens in there. Do something. Anything. He's not right.

But Favre was too selfish to sit. He was injured. Could no longer perform. He HAD to sit but Mangini couldn't control him.

Had he not gotten injured, we'd never have heard of any of the BS.

Winning brings out the positive stories. Losing brings out the shit stories.

It mystifies me how a Jet fans don't remember what went on that year. Could have been a GREAT ending. Injury is what put that wildly off course.

Not disinterest. Not unpreparedness. Not not wanting to be here. Not dick pics.

Injury. And then selfishness.

_[/QUOTE]
    I remember everything about that year guy, it was a fun year but all the time I knew he didn't care about being there, he was a tenant, he got his arm whacked in the Bengals game and looked bad after that then came back and looked good then bad then good. To just peg his performance as "he got hurt right where they started losing" is kind of convenient and not correct. He probably had a frayed tendon for years but that season with the Jets brought it to a head, but that doesn't mean he just straight up got injured right when you want to believe it happened, he had an easy excuse to bail out and he decided to use it because he was not all in at any point.

9. Charlie Kelly

I already strangled LongIslandBlitz with it

10. JStokes

He's still using poor diction, grammar, syntax and punctuation.

Strangle harder.

_

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I vaguely remember driving down to San Diego to watch Brett Farve put a good scare into the Chargers on an overcast Monday night.

Truth be told. He's the best quarterback the Jets have had since Joe Willy.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

that was a fun year when things got rolling.

13. nyjunc

your memory has failed you. he was awful in that game, he put up some garbage time #s to make the score look closer(we still lost by 19) than it was but he killed us that night- the only loss we had in SD from 1990-2013).

let's recap some of the Favre highlights

Defense picks off Rivers and scores to give us 7-0 lead
    can't score and SD takes 10-7 lead
    Favre then returns favor and throws INT for TD to Cromartie.
    did throw a TD to make it 17-14 but that was as close as we would get.

it would get to 38-14 before Favre threw 2 garbage time TDs to skew his #s. we lost 48-29

14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Favre over his career was a better QB than JWN. For him to get to Minny it was all a lot of manipulation on his part probably with Tannenbaum's help. Tanny maybe agreed to an under the table one year deal .It might have been the only way to get Favre to play here. Or maybe he released Brett because the Jets just didn't want to pay him that big salary and were disappointed with his season The key point was the Packers wouldn't allow him to play for a division rival in Minny. And it was a battle between Favre and Ted Thompson. Favre was as we all know almost drafted by the Jets in 1991.

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

One of the more self-indulgent hijacks of a thread in recent memory.

Ok kids, we get it ...........

[​IMG]

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

to get back on topic:

What does Brett Favre think about the Jets lack of accountability during the Rex era? What does Favre think about Jace Amaro's words? Instead of WWJD we have WDBFT (what does brett favre think...)

BigJenks likes this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Wow after 31 pages on this subject I will venture to say that neither Amaro nor Rex ever dreamed that the comment about accountability in the lockeroom would unleash at TGG the largest discussion about Brett Favre and the Jets since he played for us one lonely year.
    It should not be too presumptious of me to say that the title of this thread is hugely misleading at this point.

18. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

No-one has answered the pressing question of whether Brett Favre or Ken O' Brien refer to the schedule as fixtures.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I didn't say he wasn't better ...I said since.

Don't confuse me with junc.

He wouldn't know a quarterback if he tripped over one.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  20. nyjunc

I know QBs better than anyone on here.