Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

2 thumbs up! Tommy was a MAN!!! Still laughing my ass off. Makes me long for the days of Rex "Go eat a fucking snack" Ryan.

Unhappyjetsfan likes this.
  2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

And you're just willing to ignore all the ancillary proof. And what guys like Kellen Clemmens said.

Yeah it was Brett and his media spin machine.

Holy crap dude. Look at the math.

_

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Clemens said Favre was in pain. But he was capable of playing at a higher level than other NFL Qbs.

4. JStokes

That is a non sequitur. Has no relevance as to whether he was injured and could play at an acceptable level.

You've admitted you can't remember games from 2008. Do me a favor and go look at Favre's game logs from 2008.

Look at the first 11 games and the last 5.

Tell me if you see any distinctive patterns.

_

5. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Actually Favre was the named source that got the Jets fined. He went on record during a press conference and blamed his bicep for his play with the Jets and soon after the Jets got fined. Then the Jenn Sterger dick pics happened

6. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I'm not disputing that. But it doesn't prove the reason was an injury. It could have been a part of the equation. Usually when a player has surgery you get direct quotes. Something like this: "the surgery was successful...." I only saw articles stating: "sources said..." This isn't enough to verify a story. Plus Bus Cook when asked about it (the surgery) basically said "no comment." So if reporters were going to ask questions about Brett's health off the record who would they ask about it: you would think Brett and his reps. There's just too many holes in this story. Common sense doesn't always add up esp when someone (like Favre) had an agenda.

7. JStokes

PCL is suggesting every report about injury and surgery and Dr. James Andrews came from Favre and his media spin machine. No one else.

A bit naive, yes?

So no response to my surgery reply? You seemed to be on to something.

_

8. Charlie Kelly

Pcl doesn't seem like a sharp tack but I'm not him, Favre was the reason the Jets got fined.

As far as your surgery reply I guess I'll have to go back a few pages because I looked at this one and don't see it

9. JStokes

So, you think he just lost interest? In the middle of a run to the playoffs and a possible Super Bowl?

You think he just realized he no longer wanted to be a Jet? After an historic win against an unbeaten Titan team?

You think he just decided not to prepare anymore after a 5 game winning streak?

Did you look at the game logs leading up to 8-3 and the game logs from the 1-4 finish?

Do you deny the existence of gravity because you can't see it?

I can't believe how bad I've been trolled.

Well done. You got me.

_

10. Charlie Kelly

Wait is THIS the reply you were taking about? They didn't repair the tendon, they just cut it and let it hang down in his arm. You have been talking about the tendon being repaired for numerous pages and simply slicing a tendon completely is not repairing anything

11. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Ok. So if not from Favre ok. It's a guess. Where would a reporter go to get info on a player's surgery other than the team. And Favre got his release from the Jets. I would think from the horse's mouth. And this guy was willing to talk. But no verification from a named source. I couldn't find any.

12. JStokes

A dull stump.

_

13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I never said any of the above. I think Favre tried to win. I just don't know the true reason for his bad play down the stretch. Injury might have played a part of it.

14. JStokes

Do you understand what "repairing" a bicep tendon tear entails?

Apparently it's not the same for an ACL repair or an Achilles tear or a rotator cuff tear or an MCL tear.

The "repair" for this type of injury is different than other tears.

I've never professed to know HOW to repair a bicep tendon tear, other than it was-according to all reports-- torn and the way you repair it is arthroscopically. If that means cutting it or slicing it or stitching it or replacing it or transplanting it, none of us know.

But whatever it is, regardless of the severity, the "repair" as it is called is arthorscopic and never open surgery.

_

15. JStokes

What's your best guess? Based on the first 11 games and the last 5 games.

Assume you don't remember anything about that season.

What's you guess?

Best guess.

Don't be obtuse.

Disinterest? Unpreparedness? Jenn Stenger? He just started to suck week 12?

Or maybe something else?

That was subsequently reported. And what we were fined for?

Honestly, who do YOU think killed Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman?

Kato Kaelin?

Or maybe it WAS OJ?

_

16. Charlie Kelly

Surgery is surgery, but the reports that his tendon was repaired are wrong, completely incorrect, and you latched onto that like a baby on a tit. Don't backpedal it play word games, nothing was repaired, the tendon was sliced completely and guess what? Favre had one of the best seasons of his career the next season. That tendon was not needed for him to throw a football at all, the only thing that held him back in 2008 was the pain that he felt when it was partially torn.

Maybe you and your friends shouldn't have been clinking glasses and wondering what Super Bowl seats you wanted when the QB you thought was the savior didn't give a crap about the team he was on. Easy mistake

17. JStokes

This is not my diagnosis or surgery recommendation. I am not a doctor nor Brett Favre's personal physician. In case there was any uncertainty there. I am just a fan.

This is a mass media report as to what is entailed in surgical treatment of a torn bicep tendon. Specifically with respect to Favre. Not from his surgeon or personal physician. The best we have.

This is NOT to say he ever had the surgery but there are more reports than not that he actually had the surgery.

Repair, fix, alleviate, make better, no more boo boo, all semantics. What was necessary to allow him to play up to his normal capabilities.

Take it for what it is worth.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4175616

Report: Favre surgery likely this week

Brett Favre will meet with renowned orthopedist Dr. James Andrews on Tuesday in Alabama to discuss surgery on his throwing shoulder expected to be performed later this week, the St. Paul Pioneer Press has reported.

Rehabilitation from the surgery, which will release a partially torn biceps tendon in Favre's right arm, would be six to eight weeks, the report said.

Favre, 39, consulted with Andrews last week, a source told ESPN. According to the Pioneer Press, Favre then missed another scheduled appointment with Andrews.

The biceps tendon release is a routine procedure which, if successful in alleviating Favre's shoulder pain, would allow him to be ready to fully participate in football activities by training camp.

It would afford Favre the simplest and most efficient measure of evaluating how much the biceps was responsible for the pain he experienced last season.

According to the Pioneer Press report, there are other suspected sources of pain in Favre's shoulder. Although it wasn't clear what those were, rotator cuff involvement often accompanies biceps tendon injuries in throwers.

The report further indicates Favre's intent to consider signing with the Minnesota Vikings despite announcing his retirement with the New York Jets after last season.

The Jets subsequently released Favre from his contract, making him a free agent and giving him the option of signing with any team.
    _

18. JStokes

Or the ability to throw freely like maybe BEFORE he tore the bicep tendon.

So we've gone from "he wasn't injured" to "well sure, but it wasn't THAT bad". Like a QB can throw the same before and after a bicep tendon tear.

And no, surgery is not surgery. That's just lazy.

So he just stopped giving a crap at 8-3. Tied for first in the AFC.

Yeah, fuck it, I'm Brett Favre, I don't give a shit anymore.

Holy crap, don't become junc. Or PCL.

_

19. Charlie Kelly

Oh come on. Hey my brother works in demolition, he is going to "repair" five houses this week. It's not semantics, guy.

20. JStokes

It's slightly more nuanced than that. I'm surprised you of all posters aren't getting that.

I am disappoint.

_