Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't make excuses for Mark, I discuss reality.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hahahaaaaaaa. Here's what to expect.

[​IMG]

_

3. nyjunc

[​IMG]

4. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

You guys are children lol. Seriously made this slow work day extremely entertaining.

Remember when this was about Jace Amaro?

5. nyjunc

what? :D

6. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Good show on NFLN about Sanchez and several other 2009 rookies. Mark turns the ball over 5 times in a game and tells Rex: "well some great NFL Qbs have done it too." Give me a fucken break. You're not a good Qb so don't put yourself in that category.

7. nyjunc

are we turning this into a Sanchez discussion now?

8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Do it.

Quite the Kerfuffle it'll be

9. nyjunc

I'm in if that's the way we want it to go but I do like wiping the floor w/ stokes over the Favre stuff and we tend to agree(for the most part) on Sanchez so it won't be as fun.

[​IMG]

10. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

Fuck Amaro anyway, if he kept his mouth shut I wouldn't have to read through all this Farve and Sanchez bs

11. nyjunc

I have high hopes for Amaro, looking forward to seeing how much he improves in year 2.

12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Sanchez never embarrassed himself except on the field. Brett's here one season and makes an ass out of himself sexting Jenn Sterger. Geno does the same thing a few years later but at least had an excuse: he's 21 years old not 40.

13. nyjunc

Brett never wanted to be here and cost us a chance at a rare division title. Mark had some bad moments but helped us get closer to a SB than any QB since Namath.

14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

99% of your 51000 posts have been a tribute to Sanchez. And you call this realistic!

15. nyjunc

I think your percentage may be slightly off, it's probably around 97%.

16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Since Vinny you mean, and Todd before him

17. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

To whom did he say this? (This should be a great answer in light of the fact that, at the time, the injury was hidden from the league and the public)

Demonstrably, he was not. Otherwise his performance wouldn't have fallen off a cliff.

... except for, you know, the surgery.

Well, he says differently. He says he knew it was a significant injury and affecting his performance, but Tannenbaum and Mangini decided he would play ...

"Absolutely, I was receptive to (sitting) last year," Favre told reporters yesterday at the Vikings' facility. "When we finally did an MRI and found out I had a torn biceps last year, I felt like, with about four or five games left, that even though I was making some pretty good throws and some decent plays, I felt like I was doing the team more harm because I was missing on some throws."

Favre said he discussed the issue with the coaches and front office. He "backed off in practice" and took two cortisone shots. He said they decided "it was best...to just finish it out."

LINK

And this would of course be because the injury was intentionally kept secret from the public, the media and the league; an action that resulted in the league fining Tannenbaum. I also don't think torn hamstring affected Chris Johnson last season ... but if I found out tomorrow that he had a torn hamstring for half the season (that the team kept secret), I would probably say, "Wow, no wonder he didn't play like a Pro Bowler! The guy was hurt. How stupid was Idzik and Rex that they kept him on the gameday roster?"

That's good because I'm not wrong.

Hard to believe Clemens didn't say "Yeah, he was in pain, but you have to remember ... I'm F---ing terrible. So there was no way Mangini and Tannenbaum were going to take a team that was Super Bowl favorites, and let me run it into the ground for 5 weeks in hopes that we'd still make the playoffs and Brett's injury would heal. Also, with my degree in Medicine and extensive medical knowledge, I thought he was good-to-go."

We know he was capable of playing; he played for 5 weeks and we watched him on TV. It's not as though he threw 4 passes in 5 weeks and ran the wishbone. The issue is whether or not it affected his play significantly. And the assertion that a torn tendon in his throwing arm wouldn't affect an NFL QB was, and still continues to be, absurd. It makes you sound ridiculous. The first hint should have been that the only person on the planet that agrees with you is nyjunc.

#537 Unhappyjetsfan, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  18. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I've thoroughly wiped my ass with junc on the Favre issue, I'll be nice when we talk about Sanchez.

_

19. nyjunc

Mark was only QB to help us reach 2 title games and the Pitt game we were w/in 5 pts late and actually had a chance to win late unlike the Todd title game in '82 and Vinny title game in '98.

20. nyjunc

Favre saying he would sit came the following season, there's no way he was going to sit while it was going on and again Elway w/ a similar injury led his team to a SB title. Favre couldn't even get us to a playoff game despite no Brady and the weakest sched we may have ever had.