I'm ok with Geno, talk me off the ledge.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mario, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Vanbiesbrouck

Vanbiesbrouck Active Member

Problem with Geno is just that he is so inconsistent. You look at that Atlanta game where he beats Matt Ryan on the road with Jeff Cumberland & a bunch of no-namers, and you're like "Damn, this kid's got something." Then you look at that Tennessee game, the San Diego game, Buffalo, and you're just like "Man...I don't know if he's an NFL player." I think the thing about him is that he ran 1 style of offense at WVU. I know it's not the way the NFL works, but, I'd have just run that offense for him in the NFL- it was what he was comfortable with. A lot of college guys play great and put up great stats- but if you watch tape they are throwing to wide open receivers who kill the secondary in 1-on-1 matchups. You don't have that talent disparity in the NFL, and the windows are tiny. So they come to the NFL and they struggle. That's what worries me about Marriota, that he'll have the exact same issues Geno has (he's probably better than Geno, but still).

Over time, we forget the bad things about Sanchez that killed us. The inaccuracy. The inability to hit a WR on a WR Screen pass. The slow arching balls down the middle. What I liked about Geno was that he could make plays with his feet, and that his balls had zip (not a sex joke). When he threw it down the field, the ball got there in a damn hurry, and that's what you see from vintage Manning, Brady, Rodgers.

I think with better weapons in a better offense, he'd be good. Don't know if he'll get that shot. I hope CG runs an offense that suit the guy, and we get to see an honest look at what he can do. But, it's fuck or walk this year, because if he doesn't get it after 3 years, he isn't going to get it. I was upset that he was late for meetings and shit- that's the kind of stuff you just can't have. I think he's a bit more mature now, but, still really inconsistent.

If Winston & Marriota are gone, I'm ok drafting another position of need, letting Geno win the spot in training camp, and if he wins it- so be it. Otherwise, 2015 is his last in NY, and he moves on after the season.

RexontheBeach and Brook! like this.
  2. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I've had rocks thrown at me that were smarter than Geno...

Jets69 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

He had an historically craptastic 4 game stretch culminating in a zero point zero game.

While games still mattered.

If he had the stats you mentioned consistently over the year then I'd agree with your improvement theory.

He crashed and burned in the middle of the season when games mattered.

_

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

He ended on a high note so there's that

5. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

I don't know if "talk me off the ledge" is the right expression, maybe more like "wake me up from this coma"

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

He was crippled and neutered and told to throw to his first read by the blowhard Rex and his idiotic offensive fucking ground and pound and wildcat bullshit. Impossible to evaluate any QB under that complete fucktard prick Rex.

7. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

If we are going to draft anybody please not Hundley. Mora has hyped that kid up so much it ridiculous! I saw him pretty regularly in the Pac-12 and the comparisons to Mariota are dumb.

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

edit:

On one hand, Geno's going into his 3rd year and you should give a QB that "3rd year" look to find out once and for all whether or not he has a future. On the other hand, those "Monday Night Football at Atlanta" moments have been too few and far between thus far. Hate to say it but I'm not betting the ranch on him emerging as the answer. And Fitz is a bearded JAG imho…..bottom line: while Mac's improved the roster, the QB position still has a hole in it.

#28 joe, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. JStokes

Good ole one note Johnny.

_

10. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

third year is when QBs can bring it all together so im with ya

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Wanted: a QB.

#31 joe, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  12. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Um yeah

13. Charlie Kelly

I got to say I agree. I don't know if my suggestion will be a popular one, but is be happy with Petty in a trade down late (or even early) 3rd if possible. A lot of people are down on him because he gets shaken under pressure, but I think that is a trait that is coachable, but when he is in a rhythm he throws amazing passes short intermediate and long, really great touch and placement, but he would need at least a while season and maybe a season and a half to get his pocket shakes out of his system

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Is the third year for a QB the year you show the team your leadership abilities too?

I guess this means Geno makes all the meetings, stops watching movies when you know your due to be somewhere, learns how to set his watch right, and pass up the hotdog on the sideline.

Do this and we will go thru the gates of hell with you! Heh..

#34 NYJetsO12, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  15. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Have you seen Grayson?

16. JStokes

You better hope that Geno is not setting that wake up alarm.

_

17. JStokes

I'm the biggest Marcus fan here but if he's gone, I'd be all in on Petty.

I can't even.

_

18. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

For the record I hope they draft Mariota if he is there. I am assuming he won't be.

With that said, the Jets need to help whoever the qb is Geno or Fitzpatrick. They were 6th in sacks last year, meaning a pass rusher isn't a huge need. If they can add to the oline and wr I think they can really improve the offense. Jets were dead last in passing yards last year.

legler82 likes this.
  19. Charlie Kelly

Yes I have, I'm not a fan but if we draft him I wouldn't write him off either. He just doesn't impress me at all.

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

And I wanna be on the bottom of ledge with a net pretending like I'm gonna catch him and pull it away at the last second

Red Menace likes this.