Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

He thinks that Amaro doesn't listen to coaches because the head coach who is trashing his former team through the media and admitted to taking a back seat 2 years ago because of a branding meeting said (through the media during a press conference) that Amaro should watch tape of Ditka (it was never established that Rex ever suggested personally to Amaro to watch film of Ditka, the suggestion from Rex was a direct response to a reporter on how he thinks Amaro could improve) and Amaro was asked about that (by the media) and responded negatively (to the media).

Rex is clown shoes

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

It's reality.

Record. Or

Stats. Or

Eye test.

Works for Mark should work for Brett.

_

3. JStokes

You've intentionally ignored dozens of articles saying he was injured and had surgery, you've intentionally ignored his record pre and post injury, you've intentionally ignored his stats pre and post injury and you've admitted you can't even remember games so your eye test fails as well.

You don't want to believe any of it because you didn't like the guy.

That's ok.

_

Red Menace likes this.
  4. JStokes

Injured arm (not hurt) and could not throw.

8 YPA pre-injury and 4 YPA post injury.

It can't be more obvious than that.

_

5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I don't hate Favre. But you have no facts to back you up. It's just your contention. It's a major point in Jets history so I'm not going to let it slide. If you can prove it I'll concede your point. But you can't.

6. JStokes

And as for you agreeing with junc, he hated Favre and dumps on and downplayed everything he ever did here, he hated O'Brien and trashed everything he did here but he loved Mark and made excuses for everything he did here.

Enjoy your company.

_

#446 JStokes, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  7. JStokes

Because I personally don't have an MRI?

This was my OJ point. I can't PROVE he was guilty and neither could a jury.

But we all know. Without the MRI. Without the glove not fitting.

_

8. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Maybe, maybe not.

Lots of unknowns with the Jets right now.

I'm not conceding anything to a team that hasn't made the playoffs since 1999.

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I feel like this thread qualifies for the BS forum at this point.

All Gas No Shake and alleycat9 like this.
  10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I've said before but you refuse to address it: there are different grades of muscle tears and the Jets claimed that he was capable of playing. As non physicians you can't really say the injury was the key reason he played poorly down the stretch. Because that hasn't been confirmed. Your circumstantial evidence wouldn't even convict OJ.

11. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Great. Just what we need. Our one productive rookie last year and now our ex-coach wants to take him out.

12. JStokes

At least junc is trying to fabricate excuses to back up his Favre hate.

You're just clamping your hands over your ears and yelling "LALALALAL I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALAL"

_

13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

You got me on this one. Wtf.

14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Look , I don't agree with you bro. Not putting blinders on. I hear what you're saying. Don't agree.

15. JStokes

Don't believe me. Ed Werder might know more than you and me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3800421

Sources: Favre won't need major surgery
    12/30/2008 - NFL BRETT FAVRE

Brett Favre has been told by doctors that pain in his right shoulder is from a torn biceps tendon and some calcification in the area, but the New York Jets quarterback would need nothing more than arthroscopic surgery to repair the injury, sources said.

The sources Tuesday also said the 39-year-old Favre might be able to avoid an arthroscopic procedure altogether if he decides to play a 19th NFL season. While playing with what is described as a partial tear of the biceps tendon, Favre contributed to the late-season Jets collapse with nine interceptions and only two touchdown passes in the final five games.

Favre has been encouraged to take as much time as he needs before determining whether to return to the Jets. According to a source, Favre is expected to deliberate for several weeks, perhaps to allow New York time to hire former coach Eric Mangini's successor. Mangini was fired Monday after three seasons.

Favre had complained about pain and seemed to suffer diminished arm strength late in the season. He indicated he was unwilling to undergo numerous surgeries if they were necessary to keep him playing. The latest medical development -- the tear is located near the acromioclavicular joint, sources said -- suggests Favre can make his decision knowing major surgery is not necessary.

Favre had a similar injury to his left shoulder three years ago while playing for the Packers and avoided surgery. He experienced relief from the pain that time when the tendon finally released and has been told to expect the same this time, according to the source. The purpose of arthroscopic surgery would be to provide relief from pain immediately.

Favre led the league with 22 interceptions, matching his number of touchdown passes. He passed for 3,472 yards, his fewest since 2003. In Favre's last five games, four of them losses, his highest passer rating was 61.4.

_

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Rex has the advantage of having just coached the Jets, and he's more than a little familiar with Cro and Revis too. Come game time Rex will have a better feel for the Jets' strengths and weaknesses than Bowles. I hope we have a few games under our belt before the big showdown. Week 6 coming off the bye would be prefect.

17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Makes a lot of sense. Esp since he had a great year in 2009. But unnamed sources. And he only needed minor surgery. So he was capable of playing in 2008.

18. JStokes

Dude arthroscopic surgery is not minor surgery, it was the least invasive surgery required to release the tear.

Is an ACL rupture a major injury? A torn rotator cuff? Ruptured spinal disc? Torn meniscus?

All repaired by arthroscopic surgery.

So are some brain tumors, some cancers, heart valves, colon and gastro issues and 100s of other issues that used to be fixed by open surgery.

Holy crap.

He was capable of playing. Well before he was injured and really badly after he was injured.

Intentionally obtuse. Keep it up.

_

19. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

guys get this favre shit out of this thread

20. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I agree. He's not soft. He's actually got an aggressive streak in him

He may be a little immature tho, he's young yet, and maybe has a little Prima Donna in him too. But he's a kid.
    For Rex to get all flabbergasted over the kid tells me Amaro really got under Rex's skin, hahaha

#460 Walt White, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015