Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yep, he had a nice 3-4 game stretch but what about before that?

from the first Buf game through Ten he was at his best but let's look at the 3 games before that stretch facing juggernauts Cincy, Oak and KC who combined to win 11 games. 3 TDs, 7 INTs

again, taking away the 2 big TD games(one of which was all garbage time) he threw 13 TDs and 19 INTs the rest of the year. even removing the Den on stretch he threw 11 TDs and 10 INTs- very similar to his season long ratio.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Cherry pick and leave out good games and cherry pick and leave in bad games.

Yup, that's reality.

_

3. nyjunc

did you not see the part where I took out the final 5 games which were bad games?

the reality is he was mediocre most of the season and had a brief, nice stretch.

4. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The injury issue aside, I don't recall Favre being that great in 2008. Junc's analysis is actually (and I can't believe I'm saying this) kind of "brilliant." I don't want to reinforce the monster in him but he makes good points and backs them up and you don't. You throw in ridiculous analogies about OJ with no facts. What you could say is that Brett was good in 2009 with Minny which proves your point. Injuries cut his game in '08.

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

What killed the playoff chances was the collective genius of the coaching staff to chuck the ball against teams with SHITTY run defenses and good DBs when couldve run ALL DAY (OAK, KC)...... This was even more retarded when they had QB with a hurt arm in bad weather (The SEA game)

6. nyjunc

we ran it 33 times against Oakland, we were pretty balanced that day. Favre was just outplayed by Jamarcus Russell.

we beat KC

we ran 25 times at Seattle- again pretty balanced and again Favre was outplayed by the opposing QB this time by Seneca Wallace

7. stinkyB

Didnt have to be balanced........ their whole front 7 was decimated with injuries, you have the best O-line in football, the QB had a hurt arm, and the weather was terrible. run, run, and run again......

8. nyjunc

that's an excuse to score 3 points? we weren't running well that day in Seattle, was it too much to ask for a HOF QB to lead us to more than 3 points against a bad team regardless? the next week Arizona scored 34 on them and ran it 7 times less.

9. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

This is an absurd argument because who really gives a fuck, but how can you say the 2008 schedule was easier, when the 2009 Jets were HANDED 2 wins? Manning plays the second half and they go home at 8-8.

10. nyjunc

ever here of a guy named Tom Brady? he didn't play in 2008(minus a few mins before he got hurt), that alone makes it easier b/c we had a chance at a div title. you want to talk about the last 2 games that's ok, we were in that game w/ Indy before they rested starters and we blew out Cincy before they rested theirs.

Use your imagination here- imagine in the div rd when trailing by 4 midway through the 3rd qtr that SD pulled their starters- what would people say? that the Jets were going to lose and only won b/c starters were pulled. they played the game and the Jets won. at Indy we trailed by 5 midway through the 3rd when starters were pulled- would we have won? maybe/maybe not but we had a chance.

the 2008 sched was CAKE, a 1 win team in 2007 won 11 games w/ similar sched and won the AFC East,

11. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

The 2008 schedule was the weakest I have ever seen and we still lost to the Raiders with Jamarcus Russell. I would love to see how you can logically compare the strength of the 2008 schedule to any other season in the past 15 years and say it was stronger

12. JStokes

You've repeatedly said he was just hurt and not injured (which is false) and then even if he was injured he played the same before he was injured as after (which is false) and then you downgrade his wins and you overemphasize his losses which is funny because this is the exact opposite tactic you take when defending Mark.

I liked Mark as much as anyone but your hatred for Favre has led you to use a completely hypocritical set of excuses for their relative successes and failures.

Wins count except when they don't count. Stats count except when they don't count. The eye test counts except when they don't count.

The world according to junc.

Well we were heading straight for the playoffs when Favre got injured and it was THAT injury that derailed that season. None of the other nonsense about him not wanting to be there or not being prepared.

If Favre stays healthy we're 11-5 or 10-6 minimum and into the playoffs.

You're just denying reality.

_

13. JStokes

Finally.

Thank you.

_

14. nyjunc

stokes: not only are you a master troll but you are a master deflector. thank you for amusing me today.

15. JStokes

Just bringing you a dose of reality.

Only so many times you can change your story until you realize maybe you just forgot.

_

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for pulling a Mehta and cutting my post to fit your nefarious goals. PS sorry for complimenting that clown Junc at your expense but for the first time ever the guy made a logical point.

17. nyjunc

keep making stuff up until people start to believe you. good strategy

18. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

He bowled over a dolphins defender late in the year and I can't think of a situation where he seemed soft (his blocking could improve but that's technique not physicality)

And did you make up that second part about the coaches? Or are you a Jets coach or something? Because that's news to me.

Walt White likes this.
  19. stinkyB

I'm not saying he played well down the stretch, but not looking deeper than the QB is something average fans do

20. nyjunc

it was more than just Favre but he was the main culprit.