Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

when a 5th/6th type WR is starting you don't think that will affect a QB?

yes you do make excuses, the reality is he wasn't good the majority of the year whether healthy or hurt. the reality is he never wanted to be here, the reality is he derailed a rare div title and possibly much more b/c of how awful he played. was he hurt? I don't care, he played.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

ok so you are actually agreeing with me here. you word it differently but its the same message.

favre was hurt but played and the team suffered for it. he did this for his own reasons instead of doing whats best for hte team.

and he is an ahole for that.

3. nyjunc

he was more than capable of playing well, was he 100%? No but no players are that late in a season, he still could make all the throws but he played like he wanted to be anywhere but on a football field late in the year. was he fun to watch? at times and it was cool watching a HOFer under C which is something I had never seen before in a Jets uni but most important are wins and despite the easiest sched I can ever remember us having and no Brady he couldn't even get us to the playoffs while our brittle former QB took a 1 win team and won a div title w/ 11 wins.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

2008 Jets, one of the more overrated Jet teams in my lifetime.

5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

So you're fighting 2 guys on 2 different issues on one post. Anyways. Schillens only started 6 games for the Jets (as I recall only because of injuries-it's not that unusual for 4th or 5th Wrs to start when there are injuries, bro) in 2012 and his stats for the 6 starts weren't that bad. He had 28 receptions, 289 yards and 2 TDs. And that's with a crappy Qb. Who was shooting balls over receivers heads or throwing balls to opponents all season long. Look no one disagrees that our skill position players on offense were below average. But no excuse for Mark's bad performance. Finally Rex did bench him but it was too late.

6. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

How come this Junc hijacks every thread into talking about Sanchez...this act is so tired

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

ok good im glad we agree even though we are stating it differently.

8. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

This has nothing to do with excuses (which we can't make on his behalf) or the irrelevancy of whether he wanted to be here or not.

It has to do with whether he was merely "hurt" or whether he was "injured".

He tore his bicep tendon and was "injured" and THAT caused his precipitous fall off in production. When it was clear to me he was "injured" I was calling for Clemens to play, I didn't give a damn about his consecutive starting streak.

He was injured and his play after we got to 8-3 was the play of a broken, shell of the player before the injury.

Denying that is denying reality.

He clearly played when he should not have played to protect a stupid record that meant nothing to Jet fans. But the reality is he was a shell of his former self after he got injured, regardless of what you thought of his play before he was injured.

_

9. nyjunc

that is a lot of starts for a guy that was on the bubble. remember, we were still in the race when he was starting. we had no talent around the QB that was healthy and experienced.

show me where I hijacked it? the tired act is that of adults that cannot read.

10. nyjunc

you are making excuses on his behalf, you are saying until he got hurt(which happened in October) that we were rolling toward a SB. that's just not true, he had a good 3-4 games all season.

he's the iron man and he played, he gets judged on how he played which was awful late in the year after a mediocre 3/4 of the season before that.

11. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Again you are assuming the injury was severe. And as we know there are different grades of tears, etc. I also read that Brett was part of the decision to keep playing. At least according to Tannenbaum. So it's not denying reality. Or in my case being thick headed or obtuse (which I am but not on this issue). Do you really love Mark Sanchez?

12. JStokes

I'm not making excuses for anything but you're denying the reality of what actually occurred.

Which is fine.

_

13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

It's not his fault, we're all a part of this. But true it should be on a separate thread. That's just the way it played out. We got sidetracked again on several different fronts.

14. nyjunc

the reality is the man never wanted to be here, never prepared, never cared, played mediocre football most of the year and cost us at least a division title. that is the reality.

15. nyjunc

That is what happens w/ most discussions, they start one way and move another way. it's really not a big deal but people who don't contribute sometimes get annoyed by it.

16. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Willie Colon actually backed Amaro and said that things were a bit too lackadaisical last year.

Its clear that Rex probably could have run a tighter ship. I think this will work in Buffalo's favor for a couple years.

17. JStokes

Well, anyone who watched back then saw it. And there are dozens of articles on him having torn a bicep tendon, on having surgery or consulting about having surgery and meeting with Dr. Andrews and he was 8-3, 20 TDs - 13 INTs, 70% completion rate, 95 QB rating and an 8 YPA before the injury and no articles about him not having a torn bicep tendon, no articles that said he didn't have surgery (just not confirmed) and no articles denying he met with Dr. Andrews and was 1-4, 4 TDs-10 INTs, 56% completion rate, 56 QB rate and a 4 YPA after the injury.

But you keep denying it. Like OJ being innocent.

Like I said, intentionally obtuse.

And yeah, I really liked Mark Sanchez.

_

18. nyjunc

6 of the TDs came in one game against a team that allowed about 50 PPG when travelling to the NE that season. Favre was mediocre at best the majority of that season both pre and post injury. If we got 2009 Favre then we have a chance at the SB but we didn't get that version.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's the beauty of the ignore feature. Use it and the threads don't get hijacked nearly as badly. Oh, some posters still respond to him, but when I see that someone is responding to a post that was blocked, I just skip over those posts as well. It makes for much more pleasurable and faster reading of the site.

alleycat9 likes this.
  20. JStokes

That is irrelevant as to whether he was injured.

His play after he was injured is what cost a division title.

That's reality.

_