Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I would have started Tebow. Who knows rag arm or not the guy is a winner. He beat us the year before in spite of a terrible statistical day because he made big plays when it counted. Rex had nothing to lose by giving him a shot. If he was horrible then go back to Mark or try Greg.

TNJet likes this.
  2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

No Tebow is/was terrible. Mark was bad too but at least he could throw.

3. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

mark could throw to who? opposing cornerbacks?

tebow sucks, but it was idiotic not to give him or others a shot and see what happened. its not like we relied much on our QBs to win.

TNJet likes this.
  4. The 1985er

Compared to Tebow Mark could throw. If we were gonna bench Mark then they made the right call going to McElroy.

5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

What confounds me is that you know the results under Mark. He was terrible and we lost games. But you don't know the results if Tebow was starting. It couldn't have been worse. Plus in spite of being a rag arm he found ways to win games. So how can you say we should have played Mark. Unless you just accept losing in 2012. I guess Rex did.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Tim wasn't brought here as a QB, he was brought here to be a weapon on STs and in the offense. he had his chance to try to be a QB and was terrible, the staff thought so highly of him they played Greg McElroy ahead of him.

Regardless of all that, no QB was going to succeed w/ the healthy talent we had most of 2012 anyway. he's lucky he didn't play.

7. The 1985er

Because the 2011 Broncos were an anomaly and our defense weren't built to hold teams long enough until Tebow could bullshit his way to "wins" in the 4th quarter. Mark was the best option despite him struggling.

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

i think McElroy was really the only option at that point.....
    right when Sanchez was playing his way to the bench, Tebow was recovering from the broken ribs.

it was a dire situation, with no good options.

9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Look you're making excuses why not to have given Tebow a chance in 2012. You know we lost with Mark. How do you know we would have lost with Tim. We might have, sure but maybe he would have won games. So if you could go back in time knowing what we do now you'd still start Mark. Which means a zero chance of winning. I'd go back and start Tim. All I need is a time machine.

10. nyjunc

we weren't winning w/ any QB. it's pointless to argue about this now.

11. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

We were going nowhere with Marky Mark. I would have been fine if they gave Tebow a start. Couldnt have been too much work.

12. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

There's a handful trying to claim (again) that Favre wasn't really hurt (at least not more than your typical NFL QB in Week 12) and that the Jets didn't know about the injury and didn't ask him to play hurt (instead, that Favre selfishly forced the Jets to let him play). And yes, I know it's ludicrous.

13. nyjunc

the iron man played hurt, big deal. he made his career on playing hurt- he doesn't get the injury excuse. his awful play cost us a div title and possibly more.

14. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

TNJet likes this.
  15. nyjunc

it was funny the first time you posted it, now the only jokes are when you actually try to talk football.

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Again how do you know. That another Qb wouldn't have been more successful than Mark. Blaming his teammates etc. Saying that no QB could have won with that team.

17. nyjunc

we had no talent around the QB- Chaz Schilens, rookie Stephen Hill, Clyde Gates, Konrad Reuland, etc...

we squeezed out more wins than we should have had w/ that roster.

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Before we get all giddy with the thought of a HC that will run a tight ship, no one ran a tighter ship than Mangini and we all hated him for it. Rex was a breath of fresh air.

Almost rather have 12 men on the field penalty twice a season than a HC that's so stiff/paranoid/boring you can't wait for the off season to get here.

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

If you watch the tape of those games going back to the second half of 2011. And see some of the disastrous plays he made you can't blame it on anyone but him. Of course you conveniently mention only the worst skill position players. And Stephen Hill was a rookie. What about LT, Shonn Greene, Tone (and we all know what he thought about Mark), Cumberland, Keller. btw I don't think Schillens was that bad. He was an ok player who needed a better Qb.The worst skill position player on offense in 2012 was Sanchez.

20. nyjunc

LT wasn't good and that was 2011 not 2012. weren't we talking about 2012?

you don't think Schilens was that bad? I think we can end this discussion now.