Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

His play proved otherwise.

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I saw him, I thought he was lying sack o' shit. I'm not sayin' Rex brought the best out of him at all: I'm sayin' he was like a chameleon, and a phony.

Under Mangini he woulda been tight lipped, they way Mangini wanted it. They woulda hid an injury at all costs

alleycat9 likes this.
  3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Look, you're making assumptions. That because he played poorly and had an injury that was the key reason the team lost games down the stretch. Again the question isn't what we think. Or suppose. It's was the injury severe enough to cause the team to go in the tank. Plenty of Qbs are injured in Dec. and play through the injuries like he did. He had bad games it's true. But no proof it was due to injury.

4. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Just one more thing. Sure I don't remember every game in 2008 even though I went to a few of them. But I do remember the season as a whole and never thought or heard (from the press, etc) that the reason we lost down the stretch was due to Favre's injury. That only came out when Brett brought it up after the season.

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

He had a torn bicep tendon in his THROWING shoulder. Not an ankle. Not a hammy. Not his left arm.

His THROWING shoulder.

Were you not a fan back then?

_

6. JStokes

What about Sanchez? Did we win in spite of him or because of him?

Did the Jets carry him or did he carry the Jets?

_

7. The 1985er

Plenty of players play hurt. Few if any played injured and based on Favre's play he was clearly affected by the injury.

8. JStokes

For some reason PCL is trying to be intentionally obtuse.

Yeah we went into the tank because we went into the tank.

Had nothing to do with Favres physical condition after 8-3. He just started to suck royally about the time we started losing.

Total coincidence. His 4 YPA and 4TDs to 10 INTS during that 5 game slide had nothing to do with his injured shoulder, IF it even was injured lol.

_

alleycat9 likes this.
  9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Plenty if not most played injured. Again if Dr. Andrews says that Favre shouldn't have played I'll agree with your contention. But he didn't say anything publicly about Brett and basically it's non story. Favre and the Jets played poorly and lost games after a good start. You're making assumptions with no facts.

10. JStokes

Doctors are not allow to say ANYTHING about a patient publicaly, regardless of whether they are ditch diggers or rock stars.

Dr. James Andrews would never put his license (and reputation) at risk by speaking out publicaly about Favres injury unless Favre gave him express consent.

Considering Favre was angling for a new contract with a new team, it's shicking Favre even said what he did.

_

11. The 1985er

Okay let's say they did say the injury wasn't severe enough for him to sit. It was obvious that it did affect his play even if they said technically that he can play.

12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I think I've heard Andrews talk about players in the past. About their injuries. But anyways you might be 100% right about Favre. But there is no evidence so to say he played poorly due to injury: it's not provable. It's just your opinion. But not a bad opinion.

#312 pclfan, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

According to Kellen Clemens who was Brett's backup he had some pain. But that in his opinion (and he saw him at practice) he said that Brett at 85% was better than anybody else in the NFL including him.

#313 pclfan, Apr 19, 2015
  14. JStokes

Of course it's not provable. Wasn't provable that OJ killed 2 people either.

But the evidence is overwhelming.

So Sanchez, did we win because of or in spite of him? Did we carry him or vice versa?

_

15. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Hearsay

16. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

That's a self-indictment.

Because both Mangini and Tannenbaum worried they might get fired if they missed the playoffs. (Mangini was right, Tannenbaum was not).

Well, since Favre, Tannenbaum and the league, itself, are all on record saying they did ... again, that's a self-indictment.

Who said he didn't want to do it? That's a strawman you invented. Everybody in the league wants to play - even with injuries, even with pain. The point is the team's management asked him to do, didn't prevent him from doing it, and the injury severely affected his performance ... to the detriment of the team and the player.

This is arguably the dumbest debate in the history of the Gang Green message board - and it comes up every three months. Nobody making the "Favre's injury didn't affect his performance; he just sucks" argument would make that argument about any other player in the history of the league. It's so ludicrous that even typing it out makes me chuckle. He was a professional NFL quarterback with a torn tendon IN HIS THROWING ARM. If a kicker had a torn tendon in his kicking leg, his team is looking for a new kicker that day. If a running back had a torn tendon in his ankle, that team is scouting for a new starter. If a MLB closer had a torn tendon in his throwing arm, that team is on the phone with teams for available relief pitchers. If a power hitter has a torn tendon in his wrist, his team is looking to Triple A to see if they have someone to call up. Favre is literally the only person our fanbase would make this moronic argument about and it's solely because the people making the argument never liked Farve personally and have made it their life's ambition to bitch about him forever. It's ridiculous.

Favre had the Jets in the position of Super Bowl favorites at the 3/4s mark of the season; he hurt his throwing arm; the team hid it from the public and played him anyway; he played worse because of the injury; the team missed the playoffs; the head coach got fired; and the GM was penalized by the league for hiding the injury. That is the story of the 2008 Jets season - anything else is nonsense.

#316 Unhappyjetsfan, Apr 19, 2015
  17. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Please list all the NFL QBs (in history) that injured their throwing arm and played a month. I'd like to see if you can get to two.

18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Obtuse. I kind of like that. When Andy in the Shawshank Redemption called the Warden obtuse. Didn't he get a month in the hole. Ok so I'm obtuse maybe. But you still can't prove your case.

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Again you're defining injury. I'd say all Qbs in the NFL qualify.

20. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Honestly Kellen's comments were direct quotes from him. From one of the articles I posted. I think from ESPN.