Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes. That's another point about the Jets being undisciplined. How many teams do you know where a DE or assistant coach is calling a timeout? In spite of supposedly being a defensive "genius," I believe the Jets under Rex suffered more blowout losses than they did under Herm and Mangini combined. That imo shows a lack of discipline on the part of Rex in getting the CS and/or team prepared to play.

2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I prefer to think that I am capable of taking a balanced view - all coaches have their pluses and their minuses and Rex had plenty of faults but the kind of comments that get thrown around on this board are ridiculous. When we were winning it was all "hey, Rex is great, he is a players coach, guys would run through a wall for him" etc etc - then the wheels fall off and all of a sudden its his approach that's the major problem rather than the lack of a franchise QB, the lack of playmakers on offense (and glaringly in the last couple of years) problems in the secondary

It would not have mattered if Belli was our coach, or Bill Walsh or Vince Lomardi - no-one was going to enjoy success with the squad that the Jets had put together.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

probably because he has reporters desperate for a story asking him about it every 5 minutes and he never was very good at just saying "no comment"

4. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Actually I remember a game when another team had an assistant coach called a timeout and it cost them the game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=3140574

"Brady was stuffed on a fourth-and-1 sneak from the Baltimore 30-yard line, but the play was negated because Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan had called a timeout from the sideline a nanosecond before the snap. Baltimore coach Brian Billick declined to identify who signaled the timeout, noting only that "we called it" because the coaches "didn't like the configuration" in which the defense was aligned.

But television replays clearly showed Ryan calling the timeout, and several Ravens players confirmed that. So the Brady run was ruled a no-play."

The Pats got another chance and scored a TD to win the game

Big Cat likes this.
  5. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

have you compared our passing D against Buffalos last year?

Passing TDs allowed:
    Jets - ranked 30th
    Buffalo - ranked 1st

Interceptions
    Jets - ranked 32nd
    Buffalo - ranked 6th

Opposing QB rating
    Jets - ranked 30th
    Buffalo - ranked 2nd

Obviously with Revis back in the fold our rankings should be way better this year (16 million times better I hope) but unless Buffalo lost a load of players in FA I don't see Amaro doing much next year

6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

nonsense - it was the lack of accountability that resulted in us having some of the worst pass defense in the league (and the fact that we went out this offseason and spent the budget of a small country on revamping our secondary is a mere coincidence).

LongIslandBlitz likes this.
  7. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

LOL, STFU, Rex. Your defense could almost never stop a TE.

Can't wait for Amaro to light up the Bills twice this upcoming season. I see Amaro having a better 2nd year in general as well.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Horse shit,It was all Rexs faut for not holding millionare adult men accountable

9. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Any HC that looks at it like that is not a good HC.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  10. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Take a look at the game by game stats and they tell a different story. He was up and down like a yo-yo even before the injury. Take out the Cardinals game, where he threw 6 TD passes, his stats in the other 10 games including Tennessee are mixed. He had 14 TDs and 12 picks and 6 games with a rating above 90 and 5 below, and those that were below were way below. He had some good games and some horrible games, but nothing extraordinary. He had four horrible games in games 5 through 8. He didn't throw for 300 yards once. He threw for under 200 yards 5 times in the first 11 games. And he lost to Russell and Oakland early in the season and stunk against SD early in the season. He did not carry the Jets, the Jets carried him and then he tanked and sucked at the end of the season. If he was hurt, that team was good enough to play Clemens and get the one more win it needed to make the playoffs, but Favre ran the team that year, not the coach. That season was not enjoyable, other than the win over the Pats and Titans.

To say the Jets go the SB that year is a pretty absurd comment. Favre was capable of blowing playoff games like few QBs I have ever seen. And he was the most selfish player I have ever seen. He refused to sit with an arm injury because he didn't want to break his beloved streak, team be damned. I never wanted him here and was happy to see him go. I would have rather had Pennington that season. He was better than Favre that season and led an inferior Miami team to the division title. You memory of Favre's season is revisionist history at best.

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Haha nice. Another Favre hater.

So you think he was the same guy after the injury as he was before the injury too?

Maybe he WASN'T injured and just sore? You claiming that too? Even though he had surgery in the off season to repair it and we were fined for not listing him on the injury report?

So we were 8-3 in SPITE of Favre?

You're that guy?

Wow.

And there wasn't a bigger fan of Pennington than me and even I knew at that point he was damaged goods. I secretly rooted for him in Miami but he wasn't anywhere near the level of Favre through 8-3.

After he tore his bicep tendon we were done.

But as a STH, at 8-3 me and my entire crew were readying our plans for travel to the Super Bowl.

The vast majority of Jet fans were.

The Favre haters, not so much.

But we don't listen to them.

_

12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I loved the idea of acquiring Favre even if it meant unceremoniously discarding Chad a player who I liked. You might be right about the injury but I don't remember it being as severe as you're saying. I do know one thing. Chad outplayed him and was runner-up as league MVP. And Miami knocked us out and they went to the playoffs. It was one of the all time great paybacks of a player to his ex-team.

13. JStokes

Honest question--do you think the Jets carried Sanchez to our successful seasons or vice versa?

Did we win because of him or in spite of him?

_

14. JStokes

Torn bicep tendon, had it surgically repaired, we were fined for it. He was a shell of himself after 8-3.

You may not recall it from the eye test, but just look at his last 4 games. He could not throw.

A 4 YPA from Brett Favre?

He was done.

_

15. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Fred Jackson's stupid, that's all.

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I re-read some of the news items on it and according at that time to Tannenbaum (who was fined for not putting him on the injury list as "probable") Brett was able to play and could throw ok. My recollection was Favre saying this after he left the Jets. Not sure the severity of the injury was ever verified. My memory was the injury aspect was not the key reason he didn't play well down the stretch.

#256 pclfan, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

That's a good question. Look, I despised Mark and as I've said before my happiest day as a Jets fan was the day he was cut. But he had several key good games those first two seasons. I won't deny him that. But over 4 seasons: they carried him.

18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

LOL...Not very closely followed by winning the Super Bowl, beating JAX, SD or the Patsies (in Foxborough) on our way to the AFCG in 1999, 2010 and 2011 respectively I bet.

19. legler82

That's how I remembered it. Unless we both dreamt it word about "the injury" did not come out until after the season was over. Had we made the playoffs and had a run, I wonder if anything would have come out.

20. legler82

I didn't excuse Sanchez's play late 2011-2012 even though his shoulder was a ticking time bomb due to an injury he suffered. I didn't excuse Cro's horrid play in 2013 even though I know he had a bad hip. So I'm not about to excuse Favre. If you are out there, you are healthy, enough. To me he sabotaged that season. Sanchez and Cro, at least, wanted to be here. We were just a pit stop for Favre; IMO he really could care less if we won, lost or if his reckless play could cost someone their job [cough…Mangini].