2014-15 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by nyjunc, Aug 29, 2014.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

So that's it? Either I universally, without question or motive love everything about the man or I want him fired? I can't disagree with some of his decisions without calling for his job?

But he IS a viable option to Steve Lappas?

And what is the big picture? 6 years without a Sweet 16 appearance with two 2-Seeds and a 1-Seed. You make it seem like I am basing this on this season only.

Clearly I DO have different standards. I want to make the Sweet 16, and you are complaining about FF's.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

you can feel in btw but based on your posts it looks like to me you want him fired despite saying you don't.

I don't know. Jerod Haase has done a great job down at UAB, does that mean C.B. will succeed? again I don't know if he wants to be a HC. he seems to be very happy at Carolina.

bad stretches happen. 6 years w/o a S16 sucks but pre Jay and early Jay you went 15 years in btw apps.

3. HackettSuxTNG

My only point is that should Villanova ever take that path, and I DON'T think now is the time, but if they ever did, there are PLENTY of viable options out there.

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Show me one post of mine referring to the Big East as "great."
    Show me one post of mine referring to KU and the Big 12 as "great."

Just one.

No, the reality is that I called you on your year-long trolling of the Big East, referring to them as an "absolute joke." The Big 12 I couldn't have cared less about. So your post was wholly based on deceit.

weasel.

[​IMG]

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Not speaking about 'Nova in particular, but a guy that I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the bigger schools taking a look at would be Archie Miller.

And as for Jay Wright, I'm sure MParty 7441 would be more than happy to swap Lavin for him :D

6. nyjunc

the BE getting one team into the Sweet 16(playing an 11 seed by the way) doesn't prove what a joke it was?

you crack me up when you get flustered

7. nyjunc

as far as St. John's goes, I think they are similar to 'Nova where they wouldn't be able to attract a top coach BUT I think Mark Jackson would be a perfect fit. He loves St. John's, now has coaching experience and something tells me he'd be able to recruit the NYC area really well. That would be a HR hire so I'd like to see that swap, as for 'Nova I can't see them getting someone better than Jay.

Poeman likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Archie Miller can flat out COACH. He's a better coach than his brother at Arizona. Someone will throw big money at him in the future

nyjunc likes this.
  9. HackettSuxTNG

Yet, as a Villanova fan, I am supposed to be perfectly content with this?

10. HackettSuxTNG

Established head coaches, maybe. But there are plenty of assistants ready to step up. How about Steve Robinson?

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

There were rumors floating around that the UNLV boosters were going to put a full court press on for Archie, no idea if there was mutual interested but lets just say what I heard they were going to pay him would have paid him a lot more than he was making at Dayton. Sadly for UNLV Dave Rice has some very important friends and that's all that saved his job.

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Nice dodge. Don't weasel out of it, show me one post of mine calling them "great." Just one.

And a conference UNC was 0-1 against and that the ACC was something like 2-7 against was not an 'absolute' joke.

Further you didn't just suddenly start calling it an "absolute joke" come NCAA time - you've been spouting your non-metriculated, UNC front-running hate all year long . Just more deceptive weasel-speak from you. [​IMG]

13. nyjunc

you can feel however you want.

Steve had a nice run w/ Tulsa and Florida State but I think he's content being an assistant. Keep an eye out for his son Denzel in the coming years though.

ONE sweet 16 team and that team faced an 11 seed in the rd of 32. Good day sir!

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

ACC's had a nice run. That said:
    * UNC's beaten 2 lower seeds, one a #13 seed by the skin of their teeth.
    * ND's beaten 2 lower seeds, one in OT and faces an even lower seed in the next round.
    * Louisville's beaten 2 lower seeds.
    * Duke's beaten 2 lower seeds.
    * NC St.'s your winner, beating a #1 seed, that after (like it or not) being gifted by LSU.
    * UVA lost to a lower seed.

We will see how the 'higher/lower' seed thing plays out in the upcoming rounds.

Big East's not had a good tournament. That said, should Xavier lose to ND, half of their losses will have come against higher seeded teams. Not good but hardly 'absolute'

15. nyjunc

ACC 11-1, 5 Sweet 16 teams(tying record of BE from 2009 when they had 2 more teams to choose from and more teams reach Tourney)
    BE ONE sweet 16 team that beat an 11 seed

[​IMG]

16. BrowningNagle

Bobby Hurley about to pull a fast one on Buffalo for DePaul. If he's smart he'd stay at Buffalo and await a better opportunity. DePaul is tough to win with. Buffalo is stacked for a MAC team, he could win a couple years and possibly get a job like Syracuse.

He's a tool though so I hope he fails :cool:

17. nyjunc

he's staying at Buffalo, just signed a new deal.

18. BrowningNagle

nah... that was the report this morning from the Buffalo News but just recently Goodman from ESPN tweeted its not official and he is interviewing for Depaul this weekend. He was also on Sirius radio himself just an hour ago and said the same thing.

That's why I said he's about to pull a fast one on them. "sure... I'll agree to an extension, just as soon as I get this pesky DePaul interview out of the way"

19. nyjunc

Interesting. I would think he's trying drive his price up to stay but who knows? Chicago obviously has top notch talent but DePaul has struggled to keep those guys home for a long time.

20. nyjunc

Meeks practiced today, did some light contact work. as long as he is pain free/no swelling he'll play tomorrow.