Welcome New Jets Fans! - Introduce yo self

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Vickhater

Vickhater New Member

HELLO ALL ! I am brand new here! I am a New York FAN in genera so I enjoy following the Giants and Jets...I am a 30+ year Army Vet ( Still in the Army
    stationed outside of Chicago ). Enjoy talking NY sports. Cheers all!

Cman68, MikeSLTJ23 and Faux machine like this.
  2. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Nobody enjoys following the Jets.

MikeSLTJ23 likes this.
  3. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Just realized that I've never posted in this thread. Been a Jets fan since, well, all my family are Giants fans and I needed to be contrary as a kid. Pennington was, obviously, one of my favorite players, and McSorley's is/used to be one of my favorite spots. Yay Jets.

Axel3419 likes this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hey New Guys.

Get ready to experience the most amazing trend on the internets. You can post your opinion, and if it is not something accepted by moderators, it will be deleted immediately.

Don't let that get you down, guys. What you really need to do is post vapid and idiotic responses to any random thread - less than 7 words, if possible. This is not only accepted behavior, it is celebrated by the powers that be. You will never be called into question, and if you keep your shtick up, you may actually be gold starred by an Admin.

This is the behavior that gets you ahead. There is zero evidence to the contrary.

#184 abyzmul, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  5. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

Hi, my name is Phill1c. I'm opinionated. Sometimes I'm rude. Just let me know I'm getting on nerves and I'll tone it down. Love my jets!! Love to tell you why I'm right and you're wrong. It's all good!!

Pocket Jet and Faux machine like this.
  6. NewJerseyJetinLondon

33yr-old, die-hard Jet fan, who grew up in NJ and now lives in London.

I started going to games with my Dad in the mid to late 80's and some of my first game memories include TOOOOOOOOON and Joe Must Go... We had season tickets and we didn't miss games, our seats were in section 108...

We rooted hard together every year.. we had moments of glory (10-0 in the 3rd.. 98'99... Mile High), but we suffered alot!... but we had fun and we love our Jets... I lost my Dad in '08 and I took over the season tickets, which turned into PSLs in section 109... I moved to London in early '13 and I still don't miss games (although now I stream them from the couch).. I haven't lost an ounce of passion.. only care more now.. the Glory days are coming!

Jerseys along the way: Mo Lewis, Santana Moss, Wayne Chrebet (current gameday jersey)
    Current mindset: obviously bring in the right GM/HC.. but I think build the OL first.. no QBs are good if they don't have time.

Poeman likes this.
  7. McAllister

McAllister Active Member

Been lurking for a while, guess its about time I contribute something. Dont have nearly as much suffering under my belt as some of you (only about 16 yrs) , but have been forced into the Jets by family, so I suppose I inherit some suffering as well.

Faux machine likes this.
  8. MiaJets305

MiaJets305 Active Member

New here, been reading all your posts for a couple of years decided to join in on the fun..,,,Jet fan for 29years and counting

Faux machine likes this.
  9. GreenfiendNYJ

GreenfiendNYJ Active Member

Not even nearly a new fan (casual fan from late 90's but really got behind them in early 2000's) but new to the forum, been reading the boards for a while and finally decided to jump in. I was born in Brooklyn but only lived there for a short while then moved to WA state (known as the evergreen state ;)). Didn't really get behind the Seahawks knowing i was from somewhere else, so despite the cries and taunts of my NY raised Giants fan family and friends, I have supported the team from where i was born that dawn the colors from where i was raised for many a sad season.

And thats pretty much my story of how i became part of "The Nation" :D.

Edit: forgot to ad, I currently live near Atlanta just to round out the intro

#189 GreenfiendNYJ, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    Faux machine likes this.
  10. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

I'm a Jetsinsider expatriate. I hope to find a new home for Jets talk.

Poeman and Faux machine like this.
  11. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Old time Jet fan (very old) lol. Was on many other Jet fan sites including JI for quite a few years. This one is by far the very best one,
    Born in the Bronx and live in Florida for the last 30+ years.
    PS Jets/Mets/Rangers/Knicks Go NY

ChrebetCrunch and Poeman like this.
  12. GuaranteedMemories

I'm rather a newer Jets fan, (I guess if you count 04 as being new) Been a jets fan for about 11 years and counting. Was born in Queens, NY Southside Jamaica (Yes where 50 Cent is from Lol). This is my first time being on a jets forum. So hi :)

Poeman, FlaJet and Faux machine like this.
  13. Testaverde#16

Testaverde#16 New Member

Hey guys! I've been looking for a place to follow the Jets more closely and discuss the team, and I think I found the place!

I'm from Halifax, Nova Scotia, and I've been a Jets fan since I was a child, god knows why. I also cheer for the Allouettes, Red Sox and Bruins (Sorry New Yorkers!).

I'm super excited about the new-look Jets, and I really hope we draft Mariotta and send Geno packing!

14. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

Hello Jet faithful!

I'm a 21 year old Jets fan from Brooklyn, living in Philadelphia for a couple more months (thank God I'm leaving!) until I graduate from Temple. I've frequented Jets forums for the last third of my life, which gives you a hint of how bad my social life in high school was. My idea of a fun Saturday night when I was 15 was to constantly refresh the Brandon Marshall trade rumor thread (when he was still a member of the Broncos), praying that Mike Tannenbaum would overpay to bring him to New York. How fitting that he's finally in green.

I started out as PatriotsSuck17 on JetNation as a 14 year old, which I later changed to PS17. Then I moved on to JetsInsider where my name was MCBNY. Sooth selfishly dismantled the site, so I've found myself lurking here the last couple months. That's right, TGG was option C for me. Anyway, here I am. I like to think my sense of humor and football analysis have improved since I was 14, but if not, I apologize in advance.

Looking forward to posting here and joining y'all. And for the record, I'm on the Marcus Mariota bandwagon. Go Jets!

FlaJet, Faux machine and Poeman like this.
  15. DGregs

DGregs New Member

Hi all, 34 year old die hard here from Long Island- my first game was Jets vs Packers in 2001 (the AFC east clincher) been hooked ever since A lot of ups and downs since then. Like others, been lurking on the board for a few years and enjoy following game day threads the last couple years to crap on Kyle Wilsons inability to turn his head etc... (yes, I know he is a saint now). Don't know what took me so long to join/start posting... Anyway- Cant wait for the draft! This is the year we hopefully get the QB killer we have been missing since Abraham.

FlaJet, Faux machine and Poeman like this.
  16. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Ye Gads..Just kidding..[​IMG]

17. ctgreen

ctgreen New Member

I've been a Jets fan since 1968. I was a long-time member/poster over at jetsinsider ( ctjetfan) but it really sucked after the move. Anyway, I'm glad to be here. It looks like it's a very active board with knowledgeable fans, which is what I'm looking for..

Poeman, FlaJet and Faux machine like this.
  18. silentkillah123

silentkillah123 New Member

hello, been lurking for a few years but finally made the plunge. looking forward to making acquaintances and having some good jets conversations. fan since '81.

19. Zafara

Zafara New Member

Hi, i'm 20 and i'm french. So, excuse me, if i have a bad english, i probably will do a lot of error when i'm writing. I played 2 years in WR and K/P but i stopped when my study began hard.
    I followed NFL in 2009 and since 2010, when Ladainian Tomlinson came in NY, i decided to follow the NYJ

20. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

"long time listener, first time caller."

Been bleeding green and white since the mid- 80's. My parents were Browns fans but for whatever reason, as a youngster, I gravitated right away to the Jets. It's the only team in any sport I have an emotional attachment to as a fan(atic) and I've never even been to New York.........go figure :)

Faux machine and Jetaho like this.