Jets Take a Look at Josh Freeman

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DoubleDecker87, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

to be clear I am not a Freeman fan except in comparison to Smith.

As for cutting Smith I concede I just want him gone. He's shown enough failure to me without enough promise that he should be in the past tense, and the sooner he is the better.

I try to be reasonable, but in being a fan there is an emotional angle, and it is silly to pretend otherwise. If you have no emotions about all this, you're not realy a fan. As a fan, I want Smith gone. He has soiled the team's performance more than enough for this fan to want to see more of it. I have seen enough. Not to mention his off field issues and immaturity. For example i used to think Sanchez's post game pressers were bad. Smith's are unwatchable.

2. Big Blocker

WHo did they sign last year other than Vick?

Last year they were desperate to pretend they were having a Qb competition when they really weren't.

If you don't think there has been a change of the view of Smith by the new regime compared to the old one, not sure what more I can say.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I fixed it for you...

of course it's wishful thinking that Smith will improve under the new regime, but considering the previous regime chewed up and spit out many QBs AND Smith doesn't take up anything more than a roster spot it makes sense to want to find out how he does with this transition.

to suggest he's a definitive failure, he should be cut, etc...like you are... is a knee-jerk, emotional reaction, despite how much you claim its not.

FJF, Brook! and Footballgod214 like this.
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

nice....saved me from typing this

5. BrowningNagle

dude- I have plastic cutlery that I have used longer than the new regime has been here. Unless you and Maccagnan & Bowles hang out at poker nights, you & I have no clue as to how they feel about Smith.

maybe let them.... idk... hold one practice or something? before you decide you think you know their feelings on the player..how they will hold their QB competitions, etc.

6. Big Blocker

HEH!

Too funny. Well, putting aside the emotional part, I recognize the problems with the previous regime. I don't think the OC's handling of Smith was one of the problems. The problems were with Smith.

The Jets do not owe him one more snap. You can call that an emotional reaction, and it is that in part. But it is also true.

YEa yeah yeah I get that he won't be cut due to his contract.

Definitive failure - so you're criticizing Bowles for even taking a look at Freeman? TIme for a billboard? Freeman is MORE of a definitive failure than Smith?

These are rhetorical questions. Better would be if you could remind me who the Jets signed or even brought into camp other than Vick last year.

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Be prepared to get called a front office homer. You're wasting keystrokes.

8. Big Blocker

Smith fans are not better Jet fans than I am. They are worse. One does not hav to be delusional to be a good fan.

9. BrowningNagle

first- what the FUCK does how they handled Vick & Smith last year have to do with this year??? Everyone, I mean every decision maker, lost their damn jobs!! a major reason why was because they sucked with QBs as well. So I really don't think you are making any sense here at all.

Is this the "Big Blocker Shit on everything to do with Geno Smith" game?

If so... maybe we should cut him to free up the number 7. It doesn't make any sense but again, we aren't trying to make sense with this silly game

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Please no

11. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Do you want Mariota?

12. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

Chip has Barkley available for a late round pick, but that is delusional. We are drafting a QB probably in the second or third round so Geno can wait to be cut in camp. I don't want to see anymore of Smith either, it's sad that we have to bring in Freeman for a workout, just sad.

13. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Is there a QB worthy of 2nd or 3rd round investment?

If Melvin Gordon or Gurley is on the board in round 2, I sure hope Macc isn't thinking "Garrett Grayson, the next QB of the NYJ."

14. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Haha, fair enough. I agree with you on how you see Smith's future, I just think calling for him being cut from the Jets right now is frankly an ignorant statement.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

16. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

There is literally only 1 or 2 QB's worthy of being drafted at all after MM and JW.

17. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

18. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

Bryce Petty or is that a reach in the second? Third round maybe.

19. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

20. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

look I am for whomever the new regime thinks should start. I don't think new group has anything against smith but if they were sold on him they would not have traded for a qb and brought in freeman.
    As a fan Geno must go but I know fans of other teams that believe he will work. what I hate are people that point to the last game of the season and think he was perfect I think that was just a bs show, because I remember all teh bad games he had including the perfect 0-fer against the bills