Fitzpatrick traded to JETS

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I think it's a 7th rounder unless he plays over 50% of all snaps next season. Then it becomes a 6th rounder.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I say BS!!! I think Rex Ryan doesn't know jack shit about offense.

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Remember when we played the Ravens in '13 and Tyrod Taylor killed us on those option plays? He wants to use Tyrod as his wildcat qb.

4. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Look I'm not a Rex fan and think he should have been fired after 2012. But it's impossible that he like you say knows nothing about offense. He has to know a lot about all sides of the ball. His specialty and passion is defense. But to game plan defense you have to know offense. Plus he's been a coach in the NFL for almost 20 years. I'm not even sure he didn't oversee his OCs at times although it seems like he gave them too much power. I can remember both Sparano and Marty saying a few times that Rex had overruled them.

5. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see buffalo's reaction when they are killing drives by changing out qbs midway threw them

PulseJet likes this.
  6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

They'll see if EJ/Cassel gets into a rhythm watch they take them out to insert Taylor to run the wildcat.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

After last year I am starting to wonder how much he knows about defense.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

Why does he have to know a lot about offense? He certainly should, but I have seen no evidence that he knows anything, much less a lot. That's strictly conjecture on your part, and there was no evidence with the Jets that he knew anything about offense. He even admitted that he didn't.

9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I don't know what to say. I don't know anything personally about Rex and what he does or doesn't know. If you're an NFL Head Coach and a former DC who game plans against offenses I assume you have to understand offense. I can't believe he doesn't know shit about it.

Jake likes this.
  10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I tend to think Rex knows less than his peers when it comes to offense - as I remember one anecdote, where he couldn't properly discuss an offensive play with Brian Schottenheimer back then, as he didn't know the specific terminology for the routes. Ya know - these things any high school coach should be very familiar with. The specific route they were talking about in that particular incidence was out-and-go route, and Rex had to show the hand signal to convey what he wanted to say. Speaks volumes.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

..and by "midway" I take it you mean 2nd & 15?

12. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

that is the greatest thing ive readin a while....he looks like Dark Helmet when hes in uniform

13. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

CHILD LOGIC: "fitzpatrick is a 81 overall in madden and Geno is a 76 so Fitzpatrick should clearly get the start....oh wait but geno got that speed stat though...."

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Duh

15. NCJetsfan

I don't like Rex at all, so I readily admit that I am biased, and may be judging him too harshly. That said, I saw no evidence with the Jets that he understood much of anything about offense. As I said in my previous post, at one time Rex even admitted that he didn't know much about offense. As you said, he supposedly tried for one season to get more involved with the offense, and then he immediately went back to just focusing on the D the following season. IMO that says volumes about his lack of knowledge, laziness, lack of interest in becoming a complete HC or something equally bad. If I were in that position, I'd be busting my ass to learn everything I could about offense so I could become a better HC. Rex just wanted to stay in his comfort zone.

16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Works for me, anything that keeps Geno Smith off the field.

ajax and FlaJet like this.
  17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I had to look him up on Wiki:

"In Week 12 against the New York Jets, Taylor played 12 total snaps, 5 at quarterback. He gained 7 yards on 4 carries though he did have a 17 yard first down run in the first quarter. His total yardage was brought down by two second half runs where he lost 13 yards"

Yup he killed us all right. 7 yards on 4 carries.

18. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

Oh Chip has lost his mind, look who he is bringing in for a workout today. Our QB situation isn't so bad after all.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/16/he-is-risen-eagles-bring-tim-tebow-in-for-a-workout/

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Fine by me

The 1985er and VaBchJet like this.