Fitzpatrick traded to JETS

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Mar 11, 2015.

1. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Fitz always had pretty good moxie for an Ivy League baller.

I am anxious to see how he looks in green and white dealing to Brandon Marshall and Decker.

Fitz and Deandre Hopkins had pretty good chemistry last season.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  2. cantwait57

cantwait57 Member

For what it is worth, it looks like PFF graded Fitzpatrick out positively.

3. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Your right about that...It's a process.

4. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Let's go Fitz! He was one of my favorite non-Jet players in the league because he is an interesting character and plays with some fire beneath him. I hope he can be the guy who manages games for us and maybe even have a gem here or there. (see his game last year against the Titans)

Dude plays fired up against his former teams, which will happen four times this year. A true Journeyman but I hope he can have his best stop on the New York Jets.

5. Matt X

Matt X Member

Hopefully its Fitzmagic and not Fitztragic!

6. cantwait57

cantwait57 Member

I hope I'm not in the minority when I say I hope Fitzpatrick actually starts.

ajax, jetfan59 and rohirrim665 like this.
  7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Wow a QB who throws 1 TD pass & then a INT at least that is his record up to now. Maybe he has to become a gym rat to get tougher. Lets C on a scale of 1-10 he maybe a 1 & 1/2 while Geno IS A 0 1/2 :mad:

The Dark Knight likes this.
  8. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

Never change champ. Never change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.reyes16 likes this.
  9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

See if you would have expanded your horizons U would have known that Fritz 1 for 1 to Int ratio came from Twitter. Lets C Ryan is now with his 4th team right? Bflo,TN, Hout, & now us if I did not forget one. OTH how many teams has Brady of Big Ben been with? Once U have that answer then U know why I have such a rating of Ryan & Geno when quality QBs are in such short supply in the present NFL:mad:

10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I guess the comparison of Qbs is Fitz vs. Cassel. To me based on just watching both guys, Fitz moves the offense better but turns the ball over more than Cassel. I'm not sure statistically if this is true just my observation. Cassel had a 30 something QBR his last year with the Chiefs. The fans hated him there and basically KC had no choice but to sever ties with him. These are the guys who will probably end up starting for the Jets and the Bills. Unless EJ or Geno improves drastically.

11. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Don't forgot Tyrod Taylor in Buffalo Rex went as far as to say he has some of the same traits is Russell Wilson and he wanted to trade for him when he was here

12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Rex had Tebow and didn't know how to use him. So why would he want to get Taylor on the Jets if he didn't want to use an option Qb. He's just again blowing smoke out of his ass.

13. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Because he doesn't know shit about the qb position or offense

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Which is amazing and ironic because he has been trying to stop opposing QBs and offenses since he's been in the NFL. How can you truly know how to stop an opposing QB and/or offense, when you don't understand it and how it works? The truth is you don't, not for long. NFL OCs have figured out Rex's D and his overload blitz. He's never bothered to try to figure out what they do.

It was also his old man's glaring weakness. If nothing else, you'd think he would have made sure not to make the same mistake. Shows what a brainless buffoon and fraud he is.

15. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Look, Rex has spent his adult life in football and knows offense. Most coaches can coach all positions. Eric Mangini was a DC but last year coached tight ends at SF. This year he's their DC. I'm not a Rex fan because he didn't bring the team the entire HC package but I have no doubt he understands all aspects of football including Xs and Os of offense and D.

16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I'm at least confident that whoever the hell starts it'll be because Bowles is playing the QB that gives us the best chance to win.
    The last few years I was never sure that that's what was happening, and always felt that I was getting smoke blown up my ass by them. And that's not just at QB either. Shit was terrible

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, I couldn't possibly disagree more. Anyone who knows offense wouldn't have continually allowed or pressured his OC to use the "wildcat", particularly at the moments that it was usually called (when the QB was getting hot or on a roll). Anyone who knows offense would have been better able to develop his young QBs. Anyone who knows offense would have known the Jets' offensive talent was awful and wouldn't have continually pressed for the top picks to be spent on D. Anyone who knows offense would have been able to get his D off the field on 3rd and long. I don't think Rex knows one damn thing about offense!!!

johnnysd likes this.
  18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

He knows a lot about offense. How can he not know about it. He's an NFL coach. IMO he deligates too much responsibility for offense to his OC. He even admitted that himself one year and promised to be a complete HC not just the man in charge but mostly dealing with defense. And the next year he gave another one of his "I've got to be me" speeches and went right back to only coaching the D.

19. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Anyone know what the conditions are of the pick we traded?

20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

We don't need Fitz to be John Elway.

If we can get another good running back and beef up the OL before the season starts all we need Fitz to do is perform at the level that Sanchez did in 2009 & 2010.

I don't think that it is unrealistic to expect Fitz to do that much.

PulseJet likes this.