Dee Milliner's Future

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetLifeLo, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

The stupidity of suggesting that it's time to but bait on a 3rd year player, who began to play well but suffered an injury seems astronomically moronic. The economics make no sense: he's on his rookie contract and is not expensive. The logic behind it makes no sense: we wouldn't get as much for him as we might once he is fully healthy and teams can make an informed decision. And, for all the Cro returning talk, he hasn't actually come back. And, even if he does return, what would be wrong with having cheap insurance that would be hungry and has the measurables teams desire?

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

trading Milliner now makes no sense since he's coming back from a serious injury, and no other team is going to offer anything significant for him.

As for going forward, the logic of still going after Cro now is based on the short term consideration taht both Milliner and MacDougle are question marks due to injury. You can't even count on one of them to be on the field come opening day.

But since that short term consideration leads to a contract with Cro for at least two years, it does raise an issue for Milliner in the medium term. If in fact he does not get to play much - he will play some, I think, if he's healthy - the Jets may be faced with a decision what to do with his contract in his fifth year, when presumably Cro will be that much older and might be tailing off. Then there's MacDougle, who I have a lot of doubts about, but who conceivably could be developing into competition for Milliner, and imo Williams as even more likely competition.

Add it up and while I would not trade Milliner now, it's hard to see how he breaks into the starter on the depth chart.

3. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I still think the funniest thing about this whole conversation is that people thought he was dreadful for 14 games, then thought he was the next Revis for 2 games. Then he gets hurt before his 2nd season starts, and they forget that they thought he was the next Revis and he's back to being Kyle Wilson in their eyes without even seeing a snap. Man, when you're a Jet fan, there is no such thing as being on an even keel. Everyone's either awesome or awful, and it doesn't take much to switch from one to the other in Jets fans' eyes.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  4. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

There's this speculative article out there. I'd be intrigued...

http://nflmocks.com/2015/03/04/nfl-trade-machine-dee-milliner-chicago/

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Dee has ability, now he gets to learn from the best in the game and Dee will be a contributor for us if he stays healthy.

6. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

He'll be on the Jets for his rookie contract at minimum. If Skrines is really just a slot corner, I'd imagine Milliner and Williams will be used to spell Revis and Cromartie.

If Milliner is healthy, he's actually a pretty good player. He isn't shut down like Revis is, but he has the ability to make plays on the ball. In his rookie year he had 6 or 7 bad games, 6 or 7 good games and 2 awesome games. His game look infinitely be better when he had a safety behind him. Remember how much better he played when he had Reed behind him. Had like 3 int's and like 6 PD's.

He's got a place on this team for sure. I wouldn't be shocked if he took snaps away from Cromartie towards the end of the year (if we sign him, of course).

7. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

I wont say I just wont say but for a 9th pick I am just not happy with his play
    and I hope he knows with all the moves being made he better shit or get off the
    pot cause the new coaching staff has no ties to anyone.

8. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Who says he can't? You? What makes you a great evaluator of football talent?

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Somebody in charge must think so or they wouldn't be trying to sign their third CB of the offseason. Then again they may just think he can't stay on the field.

4jetfans likes this.
  10. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

I think he can't stay on the field also...this was my issue with idzik too many players with injury issues. I think he has talent but you can't help the team sitting in the tub.

11. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I think we keep milliner. If he comes back healthy and continues to progress our secondary is ludacris good

I think we have to view milliner as bonus icing on the cake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

The most accurate analysis of the content of these boards ever made.