Fitzpatrick traded to JETS

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Buh-bye GeNO.

If they fired you tomorrow, that would be two FUCKING years too late.

Good grief - we hardly knew ye, son.

Don't let the door hit your ass on your way out.

2. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

could still be our starter… just saying.

Fitz isnt Rodgers, smith stands a chance.

3. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Fitzpatrick is a turnover-prone dumb player (despite where he went to school, his turnover rate and decision-making over his career is just awful). He also has very very limited tools. I can get on board with him as the backup QB, but if he is starting in week 1 next season, that is a massive disappointment and probably places a 7-8 win ceiling on the season. Don't lie to yourselves about occasional stretches of decent play he has had because several bad teams with shaky QB situations have tried this guy, and they all benched and dumped him. He is not a solution. He is not even a stopgap. He is a guy who can play if the starter gets hurt and nothing more.

Don't care about the trade aspect as nothing tangible was given up.

4. WhySoSerious488

Geno has far better physical tools and a considerably higher ceiling. If he loses out to Fitz, that means we have no QB on the roster with even a hint of upside barring drafting Mariota.

5. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

HE IS DUMB that I cannot agree with that is one smart dude ( Maybe too Smart ) but I agree with most of the other stuff you posted.
    But this guy is not Dumb

6. Tunamelt

Tunamelt Member

He's going to be the Jets' starter this Fall. And he's one of the best people in football. I'm starting to get the feeling Maccagnan knows what he's doing...

PulseJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. WhySoSerious488

He's a dumb player in that he makes bad decisions on the field consistently throughout his career. Book smart does not equal NFL smart. The game is too fast for him because he doesn't have a big arm and his height and athleticism are average at best. We laughed at this guy when he was on the Bills. He bombed out for the pathetic Titans. Got himself benched last season on a Texans team that was strong almost everywhere but QB.

There is no need to put on the green goggles, this is not a good QB. Out of 32 starters, he would be in the bottom 5-7 without question.

9. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

and with geno we are a 3-4 win team

10. WhySoSerious488

Maybe he will. But a team led by this guy does not exceed 8-8, sorry, not going to happen. The floor might be lower with Geno, but the ceiling is also higher. Making Fitz the starter is essentially throwing in the towel before the season begins. Just ask the Texans, Titans, or Bills.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Boom!

Eagles beat reporter for The Philadelphia Inquirer

12. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Good pickup. Fitzpatrick isn't going to light the world on fire, but he's an improvement over Geno. Decent stop-gap if the Jets don't land another QB, good guy for Mariota or any other QB the Jets draft this year to sit behind.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

And that's a few spots up from Geno.

_

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. WhySoSerious488

We went 8-8 and 4-12 in 2 seasons with Geno. Outside of QB, the 2015 roster will be the strongest he has played with to date. Many young QBs improve dramatically from year 2 to year 3. How many QBs in their 30s with a resume like Fitz get better? Anyone in the history of the league?

Then give me Mariota if not Geno. Fitz as starter for 2015 is not palatable on any level. 7-9 or 8-8 with no young QB development taking place during the season would be crushing for this franchise.

15. WhySoSerious488

And where does that get you and where is the upside? I've never seen fans so desperate for a 7 win season.

16. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Yes I agree he tends to think to much on the field and more then often finds the wrong color Jersey when throwing the ball. But there really was not a
    lot to choose from. My thinking is this coaching staff is not sold on Geno at all. Case in point this signing. So i hope the scouts are doing their job and we
    can pull a QB in the later rounds and have him watch for a year. AND yes i did laugh at him when he was on the Bills

17. JStokes

I am now becoming cautiously optimistic that we actually could land the guy.

_

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. JStokes

I want Mariota and a professional stop gap QB to hold the seat warm for a year.

I don't care about 2015.

_

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. WhySoSerious488

Which is fine if that is the front office's thinking. I just want to dispel the absurd notion that putting Fitz in as starter gives this team a chance to make a run. He is a known, a bad known. I like him in that he can play for a game or 2 and not throw up on himself if the starter gets hurt. If you ask him to play QB for an entire season, you are setting yourself up for disappointment and an eventual benching.

20. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Mariota, if he's not there OLB and Petty in the second. Either way you need a QB to groom

PulseJet and NYJetsO12 like this.