Worried we will go into next year with Dozier, Aboushi, Winters, Colon

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Mar 9, 2015.

1. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Its really just Aboushi and Dozier for me. Winters just digressed so badly in 2014 before he got hurt that he's out of my picture. Colon has to be a goner. And kicking Breno inside is not an option for me either.

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

McDougle had an injury history. That is why we supposedly didn't reach when we took him in round three over Moncrief.

3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Had an injury history? One injury in college. One. That doesn't make him injury prone. He had a broken shoulder which isn't something that happens from poor conditioning. And he tore his ACL last year. Two COMPLETELY unrelated injuries.

NCJetsfan, MoWilkBeast and LIJetsFan like this.
  4. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

All the cap space in the world and the top 2 OG's are gone.

James Hasty likes this.
  5. 1968jetsfan

ACL's in a corner are always a concern

6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Of course they are and we should be concerned. But clearly there has been some ridiculous improvement in the field of medicine because ACL injuries the past few years are not damning like they used to be.

7. 1968jetsfan

Not as damning but always a concern for guys who rely and speed and agility.
    not knocking him for it by the way. I mean I really want the Jets to Ifo Ekpre-Olmu in the draft despite his acl past.

8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Nice jynx thread. Now make one for cb, and qb too.

9. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

Might I suggest "Worried we will go into next year without Aaron Rodgers"

NYJalltheway likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Do you understand the realities of FA? Do you understand that LOTS of players evidently don't want to play for the Jets with the mess they're in now, or for any team that doesn't have a realistic shot at the SB? Do you understand that not everyone wants to live and work in NY/NJ?

If the reports are true, the Jets will be signing LG James Carpenter of the Seahawks. He supposedly tried very hard to sign Franklin and Iupati, the two biggest OG names in FA, so he is trying.

11. NCJetsfan

Come on. You're better and smarter than this. Would things really have been any better if Idzik had grossly overpaid DRC or Davis? Both had mediocre seasons. If he had overpaid for one of them, we would have been stuck with that player, posters here would be bitching about it, and be bitching about the fact that we had less cap space to go after FAs this year.

12. James Hasty

DRC started every game for the Giants.

You are damn right he would have made a difference.

Given the contracts we have seen for corners this year his deal looks more than reasonable.

13. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I'm not panicking over the OL in FA, because I'm hoping for OL help via the early rounds of the draft.

14. JoeyStylez

JoeyStylez Banned

No, you don't have a point. You're talking about three things that could not have been predicted; Dee and Dexter getting hurt for the year and Patterson losing his damn mind. If you say you saw those three things coming, you're lying. Maybe we should stop acting like 15 year old girls and show just a TAD bit of patience.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Worry more that we may go into this year with Geno Smith as QB and a bunch of defensive backs that wouldn't make most teams practice squad.

16. JoeyStylez

JoeyStylez Banned

Let's say the Jets add 10 CB's this year, then get hit with a rash of injuries to the RB position. Is that still failing to plan? You can't go 10 deep at every position, this is not college. Shit happens. Again, no one...NO ONE...could have known that Patterson would go loony tunes and just dissappear.

17. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Yall worried about the line, I'm worried about this knucklehead we got at owner.

18. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I didn't know he was praised for midround linemen, but I did a quick check.

Derek Newton- 7th Round
    Brandon Brooks- 3rd Round
    Ben Jones- 4th Round

Not sure if that is deserved of the "praise" you were looking for, but if you can build 60% of your line with day 3 picks, that's pretty nice.

19. NCJetsfan

So that is the measuring stick we are going to use that he started every game? What about his level of play? Everything I have read or heard about his play this past year was that it was exceedingly mediocre. The same goes for Vontae Davis. Perhaps you would have been happy with that but most Jets fans would be up in arms about Idzik having way overpaid for a mediocre CB.

20. James Hasty

The only ones who thought DRC was mediocre were the Jets fans who were trying to dismiss the value he would have had to this team. He was a solid starter, something we could have used last year.