Woody Johnson Involved in Serious Talks to Bring Revis Back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Mar 3, 2015.

1. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Sure if the Jets give him 20 mil Revis will take it and laugh his ass off all the way to the bank. Woody imo based on his presser hates the personal criticism and unlike Kraft will not support anyone if there is controversy and it makes him look bad. So the question is why after all the infighting between Woody and Revis does he all of a sudden want him back. To get him back it'll cost a lot.

Jets69 likes this.
  2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

i fully expect NE to go balls out to keep him.
    not tagging McCourty was the first sign they prefer Revis. that's where he likely ends up again.

i also would expect several other teams to show interest. have to have the cap room to pull it off of course.

if NE decides to play negotiation chicken tho, and he hits the market before they iron out a deal, we need to be all over it.
    at the very least, drive up the price on NE.

Axel3419 likes this.
  3. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Letting Wilfork walk today helps a lot too, about 10 mill in savings.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

There you go. It's the presser, and Woody's mumbling, that lend credence to the report.
    Hopefully it's Mehta interjecting his imagination into it all.

It would be Woody trying correct a disaster, making it worse with his narrow vision and short sighted ideas. What a tool.

5. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

I think the release of Wilfork Only gets them under the cap

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Not taking Wilfork's option gave them $8.06 million in savings on the cap

7. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

So it took Revis winning a super bowl with the patriots for Woody to FINALLY be ok with paying the guy whatever he wants?

Sorry to sound like a jaded ex-girlfriend but the time to do this was last offseason, and now Woody wants to make amends after the damage has already been done.

Have some pride Woody, for christ's sake.

8. roger

roger Active Member

There is no way Phillip Adams is going to give up #24.

Jets69, Fiftynine and FJF like this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Good reply, thanks. While I would prefer we went with either Maxwell or Jackson, the idea of driving the price up for NE as a minimum is most appealing.
    I am surprised however, that they did not tag McCourty. I felt he was perhaps a larger contributor than Revis in the NE secondary, but I might have seeing it all wrong.

10. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Schefter said today he thinks the Jets are prepared to give Revis "anything he wants":

11. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I don't know who I despise more in this situation Woody or Revis. Complete 180 by Woody if these reports are true.

Such a Jets-like story. Wait until the guy isn't worth what he's getting to pay it to him. What a joke.

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

i like Maxwell as well. he won't be Revis expensive, but will still fetch a pretty penny.
    Jackson i'm not as sold on. feel we'd be overspending for a very avg player.

McCourty didn't have nearly as impactful a role as Revis for NE.
    he played 30+yds deep very often, with the responsibility of not letting anything behind him on the non-Revis half of field.
    they can replace that role much easier than what Revis was doing for them.
    was a smart move for NE. i just hope Revis's greed causes them to ultimately lose out on both players ;)

13. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

Cool, if this is true it's just another way for Revis to f*ck us over, make us look stupid, and have the last laugh again as he goes back to our most hated rival.

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

So now we're going to pay Revis whatever he wants? What the hell was all the fighting over the years for then....To me, this just sounds like Revis' agents working the media again

15. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

The contract issues with this guy never ends... Did Woody forget what a pain in the ass it was dealing with him for those years and how they traded him even though, at that time, he was the league's best corner by far?

Yes, he's still one of the games best corners, but he's 30 now; he's not the player he was in his glory years. He's not worth north of 14M per season. I sure as hell don't want this team to pay him "whatever he wants". And whatever he signs for and wherever he signs, his contract will be an issue again soon. Enough of him

I have a hard time believing Mac and co. will actually pay him 15M+ per year anyway

16. One eye

One eye Member

OF course we are. We just didn't want to pay him in his prime.

17. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

Nor should he.

18. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

at this point in his career, Mevis has to think about who he is going into the HOF as a member of. Naturally it should be the Jets, but I hope we NEVER give that POS a chance to ever play again for this team. He deserves to never set foot again on Jet's property ever again with the way he has carried himself in the past. He is a mercenary and it WILL hurt him when he retires and he goes into the HOF. Let him go into the Pats. Rot in hell Mevis...

19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If we could lock Revis up for 5-6 years at $10 mil without losing draft picks, sign me up.

The reality is that he will cost more than that and is a big risk to hold out later if he does not get it now.

Beyond that I am concerned that the NFL could take away our immensely valuable first round pick because our stupid owner can't keep his stupid mouth shut.

If we sign Antonio Cromartie I think we can live without Revis.

Even on this board with fans who have watched Cro play lights out for this team he is vastly under-rated.

More importantly Cromartie wants to be a Jet and is only one year older than Revis.

20. roger

roger Active Member

Perhaps Revis' agents are simply trying to drive up the amount of money he gets from the Pats by leaking a story that the Jets are willing to give him whatever he wants.

No. They would never do that.