The Eagles want the Jets' pick if Mariota falls to No. 6

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NJJ_Jersey_Jets, Mar 4, 2015.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I want Foles, 2015 1st, 2015 2nd and 2016 2nd. anything less we should say no.

2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Makes perfect sense of Mariota is available at 6 the Jets pick who is in dire straits for a QB the Eagles would drastically overpay?

3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I'd scrap the 2015 2nd and say 2016 first

greenbeanz, YOYOYO and JetLifeLo like this.
  4. TurkJetFan

Sure wouldn't mind that either. Although this years 2nd carries a lot of value given the depth in this years draft.

5. TurkJetFan

The Eagles have already shown they are going to be bold. And of all things, Mariota is the #1 key to their offseason. They will make it happen. If he makes it past the Jets they may be SOL.

6. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Fine with me.

7. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

The Rams got the Redskins No. 6 pick as well as first rounders in 2013 and 2014 and a second rounder in 2012. We should get more than that considering the Eagles' position

FlaJet likes this.
  8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

9. TurkJetFan

this would set our franchise up beautifully. I really hope Tenn doesn't piss anyone off and take Mariota. Or another team jump ahead of Jets to block Eagles. That is my big concern. but if stars align it will be a great day in Jets history.

greenbeanz likes this.
  10. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

I would be reluctant to trade it. at minimum it would be like 2 firsts 1 second and a 3rd or 3 firsts and they would have to include foles.

If the jets are planning on drafting mariota with 6ths its because they think he can be a franchise QB. something this organization has never really had since joe. IMO it would be a miracle if mariota is there so it would be hard for me to stomach trading him away..

if i was the jets I would offer 6th for. 2015/16 first, 2015 second, jordan mathews and nick foles (although i think geno would beat him in camp)

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I don't worry about that at all.

My biggest worry is actually, the other way around; all the impact pass rushers are all drafted, with Mariota on the board and Jets on the clock, with Philly hanging Jets dry. Jets will have to take Mariota, and hope that he pans out.

Now - let's make this clear. I AM NOT HATING MARIOTA.

The best case scenario is, for me obviously, the one I offered; Foles, with multiple picks. If Jets go with someone else because Mariota is drafted, I'd be glad with that too. If Jets end up drafting Mariota because all the impact pass rushers are drafted, I'd be happy with that as well, even though I do think this is the [least valuable outcome] out of all the possible situations.

12. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Since the Eagles are moving up so far.

- Swap 2015 firsts.
    - 2015 second
    - 2016 first
    - 2016 third
    - 2017 first
    - 2017 fourth

They can keep Foles. Only thing that I don't like is, we won't be able to get Cooper, White, Gregory, Fowler at 20.

Truth4U2 likes this.
  13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

So you think that the guy who holds all time NFL records for incompetence at QB will beat out the guy that holds all time NFL records for passing efficiency. That is an interestingly moronic opinion.

I would trade the pick for Foles and their first this year but truth be told I would be willing to trade it just for Foles straight up. Nick Foles is a definitive top ten QB - no development needed. He is far more valuable than anybody is giving him credit for. If the Eagles trade us to him we should thank the heavens.

14. TurkJetFan

Why do the Jets have to take Mariota if the Eagles don't make a trade? They absolutely don't have to take anyone they don't want to. And if they do bc of media we are doomed. Mariota will be a guy who will be a system product. I think he'd be quite good in the Eagles system. On a team like the Jets? Not so much.

I refuse to subscribe to the thought the Jets HAVE to pick Mariota if the Eagles don't pull the trigger. They can pick whomever they value most. If that's Mariota then great. If not, that's fine too.

15. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

As much as im NOT sold on Foles i'd do this. Our GM is a scout and i'm sure he'll have plenty of fun with all these draft picks. Another thing that would play a part in me not wanting to make this move is the possibility of missing out on Cooper or K.White. If we don't snag a Maclin or Cobb (which doesn't seem likely) we're going to be paper thin at WR. One Decker injury and we're back to Salas and Kerley and Owusu... not very appealing.

16. TurkJetFan

This would be nice but I see absolutely no way the Eagles give up firsts through 2017....Absolutely no chance.

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Swap 2015 1st rounder
    2015 2nd rounder
    2015 4th rounder
    2016 1st rounder
    2016 3rd rounder
    Nick Foles

18. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I think that's a fair trade that I'd do immediately... Maybe another mid or late round 2015 pick in there too if possible.

19. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Swap firsts, 2015 2nd, 2015 4th, 2016 1st, foles would do it for me.

Then dont sit at 20! Use some of the picks we gain to trade back up for a WR