Woody Johnson Involved in Serious Talks to Bring Revis Back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Mar 3, 2015.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

again, if we made him an offer, you'd have a point. but we didn't.
    he said he was very interested in a return, and Idzik didn't so much as call.

and i don't recall any team offering something more attractive than NE did. show me a link of who offered better..
    that's why he went there.
    NE was the best landing spot, and it worked out pretty good for both Revis and NE. not so good for us.

i don't see any of that as being Revis fault, so much as our own inept team management.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Thank you.

3. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

How in the world do we start with this again? Do we have another leak in the organization? It seems that the Mehta-virus has infected all the beat writers for the Jets.

No one knows what is going on behind closed doors, please stop falling for this media nonsense, it's meant to get fans into a frenzy about something that is not going to happen.

There is no way Woody went through this whole ordeal in hiring true football guys to all of a sudden throwing caution to the wind and start medling in football moves.

In particular with a player who has a history of holding a team hostage through his agents.

Sorry guys but I don't buy it.

5. BacktoQueens

lol you are right, it is a Mehta article, so it likely has zero actual substance to it.
    just Mehta trolling for links and being cited by national outlets by throwing a big name like Revis around.
    i don't buy it either..

6. Red Menace

Again showing why Woody has no clue if this is true, anyone who thinks that CB is the biggest hole on this team second to the QB position has no idea on how to build a team.

If Bowles feels a need to have elite CB play to fit with his philosophy on defense, that's a different story than what most fans want.

As Mo has been saying and I agree wholehearted with him, we cannot invest that type of money in one player, if we can get 2 good corners for less money and have the same impact then that's the way the Jets should go.

Too many holes to fill to start thinking about giving Mevis 14 million a year.

7. BacktoQueens

CB is definitely the biggest hole on this team outside of QB.
    the only need which you can argue might be as dire is Oline help, namely OT.

and Bowles does feel the need to have top CB play. he's already expressed as much.
    let's give that to him, and let him do his thing on D.

you can argue 2 CB's at 14M would have more impact than Revis at 14M.
    that's a reasonable argument.
    personally i think we'd be overspending for avg CB's, and the impact would not quite be the same as Revis, although still improved.

8. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

He waited what? A whole 3 hours of free agency enjoyment before making his decision? Knowing New England they had something worked out with him while he was still on the Bucs roster. No other team had a chance to offer him anything it seemed.

The reason we didnt sign him last season was Woody. And now Woody supposedly has a change of heart only a year and a Pats Superbowl victory later? Plus its more likely that Woody's true problem lies within Revis' agents..and now he's just gonna deal with those guys again?

I doubt it but reports like this piss me off. Revis hasnt play a down with the Jets since 2012. LETS MOVE ON!

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No one's saying we shouldn't bring in "quality" FAs. We're just saying that we don't have to bring in THE most expensive. In case you haven't noticed, we have a LOT of holes. We need 2 CBs, a FS, 2 OGs, a QB, a pass rushing OLB, a WR, a 2nd string TE that can block, and a FB. The team would be better addressing multiple positions with younger players who could help the team for 4-5 years or more, than bringing in 1-2 older players who command top dollar and then will be gone in two years.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I hope that after he is cut , he is only offered the league minimum for a vet. Then when he turns that down and retires sulkingly, I hope he goes to Vegas with that greedy ego of his and loses everything. Then to cap it off I wan't to see him in Pittsburg living with bums giving handjobs for $5 so he can save up to buy some crack. 30 for 30 must see TV on ESPN. My x-mas wish for this greedy bastard.

rohirrim665 and Jets69 like this.
  11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

12. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

13. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I never want a FA running back to start if he has a lot of tread on him.

14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I'm so over Revis at this point I really don't even care anymore ,Sign Maxwell and Cro and I'll be happy and if Millner stays healthy boom we have a solid secondary ,we need some help at saftey to though

Geno Da Meano_ and Red Menace like this.
  15. Red Menace

I would take an elite OLB or an OL before I pay for an elite CB, thats just me.

JetsVilma28 and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Hope the Eagles throw money at him

get out of my life, Revis you prick

JetsVilma28, TNJet and rohirrim665 like this.
  17. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Scary. Nevermind Revis. If he's calling roster moves we're fucked and so are the Jets. It almost rings true with my idea of what Woodster's brainstorming would be. At this point I wouldn't be surprised by this guy. I don't trust him as a leader.

rohirrim665 and irishwhip03 like this.
  18. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Why is Woody Johnson trying to do this? Don't we have a GM? Woody is such a fucking HARDON, I can't stand the guy.

Walt White likes this.
  19. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

i also don't understand why people are shitting on woody as if he is conducting all of this and mac is against it

robert kraft made sure the patriots didn't cut vince wilfork last season. owners aren't completely hands off

20. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Woody has a history and a bad one at that for this kind of stuff.