Woody Johnson Involved in Serious Talks to Bring Revis Back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Mar 3, 2015.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Nowhere did I say we shouldn't spend money. I said we should spend it wisely. $14 mil on a CB is not wise when you need help at WR, a second RB, a QB, a pass rusher, one probably two CBs and at least one OL. Not wise even in the slightest.

Geno Da Meano_ likes this.
  2. JoeyStylez

JoeyStylez Banned

But if the Jets do fill those holes you mentioned AND can sign Revis, why not? Most FA's are in the $5-6 million range, only the top guys get mega bucks.

3. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

How's it not sticking it to us? You think its a coincidence that he ended up in New England? Or that they showed more interest than other teams did? I dont think so. Pats gave him that contract knowing full well they werent going to keep him at that number after the 1st year. They went all in for one year and everything broke right.

But Revis could've went to Oakland, Cleveland and a couple other teams for more money but he look just a little less to go to a winner. But he could've also went to Denver, they're a winner. Could've went to San Fran too. But he chose to go to New England cause they play the Jets twice a year and have the easiest route to the Superbowl of any team in history.

If Im Woody I play the same game I played last offseason. Make it known that you dont want him. What's the worst that can happen? He goes to New England? Sorry I've already seen that movie. Wont hurt as much the second time around.

The whole time Revis was here and was always in the contract drama, Woody made it clear his thought was that we could win without him..the whole "we like the players we have" bullshit. Ever since he's been gone its been "we'd love to have Darrelle back" blah blah blah.

Dude has zero backbone. When people ask him questions about Revis how hard is it to say he's a Patriot and Im here to talk about the Jets.

rohirrim665 and Geno Da Meano_ like this.
  4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I totally do not get the bolded part. I didn't let him know I didn't want him back. I wanted the Jets to at least see if he could be brought back.

It was the doofus owner and the now fired GM who he was sticking it to. Not me.

Let me put it this way. I understand how he might have been motivated to do what he did given the way the Jets treated him.

After all, when they traded him to TB, they didn't even try to sign him first. Put yourself in someone else's shoes for once. How would you feel?

5. 74

74 Well-Known Member

A little too late dick boner, he already helped NE win a SB.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

This is a tremendous accomplishment -- to be equally arrogant to think he went to the Pats because of the Jets and completely insecure interpreting that to be sticking it to the Jets. Congratulations.

7. irishwhip03

Well first off I dont have a Revis-like attitude. If somebody was going to pay me millions to play a sport I wouldn't feel like they owned me extra before the first day I get there. I cant imagine doing that in another line of work so for that reason I cant put myself in this guys shoes. If your a top player in the NFL if one team doesnt pay you another team will, simple as that. So guys will always have that attitude.

But there is a such thing as burning a bridge. And to me Revis has burned his bridge with this franchise. Even if his grudge is against only Woody or only Idzik that shouldn't mean the fans should just welcome him back with open arms.

8. irishwhip03

You can look at it with rose colored glasses if you want to. But you really think this guy who holds out for money more times then any other player in the last 10 years doesnt have that motive?

If my memory serves me right he signed with the Pats the same day Tampa released him. So yeah I guess its safe to say going there wasnt on his mind from the get go. Sure.

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

He got $12 mil and a Super Bowl, and he likely wasn't getting both from anyone else. That's two pragmatic reasons to sign with the Pats to your one emotional stick it to the Jets motivation.

He gets paid.
    He gets to play with the best QB of his generation and arguably best of all time.
    He gets to play with the best coach of his generation and arguably best of all time.
    He gets paid again with extra playoff and Super Bowl pay.

Vs

Stick it to the Jets.

10. irishwhip03

I brought up both those points in a previous post. They were definitely factors. But so was making sure Jets nation (mostly Woody and Idzik, but in reality all of us too) were watching him do it in a Pats uniform.

And now those puppets are salivating for him to come back here. Pretty laughable.

11. irishwhip03

Thats dumb if you think that I think that. Its not all that vs all that. Its a combo of everything. But the fact that the revenge motive was definitely a factor should be reason enough for our fan base not to want him back. Guess it isnt though.

12. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Fuck Cro too. I would be happy with McCourty and Maxwell.

13. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

Times have changed with the new rules being in favor of WR a top CB is necessary to win. Look at what the Patriots did with two free agent corners, won the Super Bowl. With our cap space I wouldn't mind signing 2 free agent corners and let our front seven run wild. If you have a chance to take a future hall of famer at a position of need when you have more cap space than you could spend its really a no brainer.

Big Blocker likes this.
  14. BleedGreen4ever

As far as McCourty goes maybe we can sign him too and turn this into an elite secondary and an elite defense all over again. Plus stick it really good to the Pats..... but Revis should be priority 1 CB is a bigger need than FS we at least have some serviceable safeties, we have nothing at corner back.

#154 BleedGreen4ever, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  15. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Again my whole argument is that if we miss out on Maxwell, Jackson and grab Cro then by not even trying for Revis it will look much like last year.
    We missed on Vontae and DRC and did not persue Revis so we ended up with nothing, we have to keep all our options open for a top CB since there is no guarantee we get Maxwell, Jackson or even McCourty. Revis is an option because of our cap space.

16. BleedGreen4ever

And you will all cream your pants the second Revis says "its good to be home go Jets"

17. BroadwayAaron

Read as: "it's good to be making $14 mil a year, go [insert team name here]."

BleedGreen4ever likes this.
  18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

what's wrong w/ that? he puts his life on the line every week, the man is entitled to get every dollar he can get.

19. BroadwayAaron

Yup. And good for him if he gets it. I just don't want it to be here.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

you have made a lot of sense in this thread.