Woody Johnson Involved in Serious Talks to Bring Revis Back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Geno Da Meano_

Geno Da Meano_ Active Member

Lmfaoooo!!!!! Ignorant bofoon? Are you illiterate or just a flat out moron? Where in my post did I resort to name calling? Hahahaha. You're hilarious. So, because Revis signed a two year contract with NE for a run at a ring (which he wouldn't be doing here), this is going to be the new Revis thing? Please, come back to reality. At 30 years old, Revis wants a long term deal. Ya jack ass.

2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Jstyles didn't watch the Ravens game that was almost all but cost by Revis.

3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Would love for Revis to retire a Jet, but ultimately depends on the price.

4. JoeyStylez

JoeyStylez Banned

With that type of thinking, this team will NEVER win. Are we winning a ring in 2 years? No one knows, but you damn sure try. Todd Bowles doesn't give a damn what you or anyone else thinks, his goal is winning a championship. Realistic or not, that's what you shoot for every year, that's what you strive for. Any coach or player with the mindset of "we're not winning this year" doesn't belong in the NFL. PERIOD. If Bowles wants Revis, get him.

I just can't compute with fans afraid of spending money. Cheap teams don't win (neither do teams who spend unwisely, I know).

5. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Only the Jets would pay 14-16 mil for a CB when they literally have nothing but shit under center. Big mistake. This team will be fucked for the foreseeable future if they sign this greedy prick back.

6. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

If Woody is already interfering, then the team has reverted back to the same ol' Jets Culture again.

Probably Media BS.

7. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

Long-term deal, Really? What would that be for Darrell Revis: 1.5 years?

8. JoeyStylez

JoeyStylez Banned

Don't need Murray for that, Ivory and Powell can make that work just fine.

9. JoeyStylez

JoeyStylez Banned

Revis was the final piece that put them over the hump, which is why I hated that he went there. Although I guess if you want to be specific, Pete Carroll is the reason they won with that dumb @ss play call.

10. Geno Da Meano_

He's signed one short term contract in his career and that was just last season. Aside from last season, when has Darrelle Revis signed a one year or two year contract?

11. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

One big clue is if GeNO...lol

12. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

He was with TB all of ONE year. So, some might say he effectively signed a one-year contract. When has he signed a long-term contract? What is long-term with him?

13. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

From what I have seen of Murray he looks exactly like Curtis Martin, great speed to the edge, vision, durability, power, quickness, hands. Since we don't have a Qb and there aren't any real hot prospects in the near future bringing in a 1-2 formidable running attack should open up PA pass and change the entire identity of our team.

Every great Jets team I have watch had a great running attack. Ivory-Powell are good, but a player like Murray could push the run attack into "great" territory.

Of course the oline needs an overhaul more than any secondary in the league

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

For those that are begging to overpay for Revis as the key answer to improve our dreadful 4-12 record I offer the following:
    1- spending the big dollars on Revis will yield virtually nothing more in the way of wins than any other decent CB available in free agency. How did that work for Tampa? Or the Giants with RCro? Getting one or two NFL CB is a necessity, betting on Revis is a luxury we should spend elsewhere.
    2- it is far better getting a younger, talented CB with room to grow that an overpaid star on his way down, simply looking for his last pot of gold. Let the mighty Pats with no other holes keep his ass. Steal their stud FS instead.
    3- having money to spend is great, so let's make it count in areas of higher priority, sign Mo and Snacks, get a QB, a stud OLB, a young premier FS, and CB that gets the job done without the BS stigma of being worth 14M
    4- like it or not, the money needs to flow were you get the best and largest immidiate improvement, and covering one weapon like a blanket ain't as effective as giving the opposing QB no time to throw, or even better, getting a QB that can actually avoid loosing games for you.
    I for one can live with the thought of Revis elsewhere....the further the better. His time with the Jets has run over

15. Geno Da Meano_

He was released from Tampa Bay because they couldn't trade him. Tampa Bay realized they had other holes to fill and deemed it fiscally illogical to pay him $15+ million a year. You're greatly mistaken if you think Revis is signing a one or two year deal. He's going to cash in, and deservedly so. Revis is not an idiot, he knows that at 30 years old this is most likely his last big contract. He's going to end up signing a five year contract that will be extremely front loaded in the first three years. Woody should move on and say adieu.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  16. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

That I can agree with more.

But my point remains the same. I cant see why any Jets fan would accept him back here so soon after winning it all with the Pats. Yeah he's a great CB. Future Hall of Famer, the whole nine yards. But he isnt the 2009-10 Darrelle Revis.

Revis had plenty of potential suitors last offseason when Tampa ditched him. But when it came out that the Jets brass didnt want him back he went straight to Foxboro to stick it to us. Now some Jets fans are getting geared up to cheer for him to come back? I'll never understand that garbage.

17. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I would pay $12 million to Revis, but let's also remember that McCourty is a few years younger than Revis and he also allows us to put Pryor in the best position to succeed.

I would rather have McCourty and Cro than Revis and no decent FS.

Clark Gaines likes this.
  18. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Revis went to Foxboro, as we expressed no interest in him (mistake), and they expressed a whole lot.
    they also paid him very well.

it's not like he had a choice between the teams. how is that 'sticking it to us'?

what i don't understand is Jet fans not wanting this move, due to some grudge they've built up in their minds.

he solves a major hole, improves the overall D quite a bit, gives our coaches scheme flexibility, will take pressure off our Safeties, while making our already excellent Dline more effective.
    we also HAVE to spend over 50M this offseason, and i'd rather not spend it by giving avg players top money.
    Revis would be the best FA on the market if he gets there (along with Suh who isn't really a need for us).

it would make no sense to not even attempt this signing (once again)..
    i wouldn't want a repeat of last years mistake.
    if he wants 16+M per year, we keep looking. nothing lost by attempting. maybe our interest prices out NE even if we don't get him.

20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Revis is 29, will turn 30 over summer. McCourty 27, will turn 28 over summer. not a huge difference in age.

how much do you think McCourty will want?
    i'd guess in the 9M range, and he's really not worth that.

While i do like McCourty quite a bit, he was never really asked to do much in NE's system.
    played really deep, and main role was to not let anything behind him.
    he's not expected to make a lot of big plays, and generally hasn't.
    with Revis on the field this year, he was really only watching the deep part of 1/2 the field. that's not 9M impact.

i look at the recent Byrd, Goldson, Whitner and Laron Landry FA signings, and none of them proved worth it.

we could certainly use FS help, but should look in a more value based direction imo..