Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Why would the Colts want to over inflate there balls? Most QB's prefer less air, so unless you have some information about Luck preferring over inflated balls please understand that this is not a likely scenario as much as you want it to be true. If there is some info available that Luck does prefer the over inflated ball then I'm much more likely to buy this theory. Until then, I'll assume that he, like most QB's, prefers the less inflated ball as it's easier to grip and throw. The league has already confirmed that the balls were PSI tested prior to the game, so that theory is out the window too.

I suppose the Colts could be prepping there balls in a walk in refrigerator. The Pats probably provide one for visiting teams. Or maybe someone on the Pats illegally removed air from the balls after they were PSI tested. Perhaps in a bathroom stop after picking them up.

2. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I watched two videos of Pereira a guy who knows about game ball prep. With an open mind. You can go online and watch them, too, I'm not putting words in his mouth or making assumptions just telling it like it is.

3. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Nakamoto, the truth of the matter is that no one in this discussion really knows what the Colt's preferred PSI is or what they turned in. THAT SAID, one side has continuously argued "Why was it that only the Pats balls were under-inflated and the Colt's balls weren't ? Does Physics not apply to the Colts as well??"

What some of us have done is provide a simple, possible answer. It's pretty well accepted (and true) that the balls could easily lose > 1pound of PSI due to weather. IF the Pats balls started at 12.5 PSI and IF the Colts balls started at 13.5 PSI, then BOTH could lose 1lb of PSI yet all of the Colt's balls would still be within the proper range.

4. Demosthenes9

PCL, you are being downright silly about this. Teams get the prep the balls they way they want them, this includes air pressure. When turned in, they have to fall between 12.5 PSI and 13.5 PSI. If they are outside of that range, the refs will correct it. This is established fact. To argue against it is to stand there and claim that the sun doesn't appear to rise in the East each morning.

BeastBeach likes this.
  5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

We all understand this. Please understand that it's not likely that Luck prefers over inflated balls. Don't you think it would have come out by now if he did prefer over inflated balls? With all the press on this? Are we supposed to believe that no one thought to ask Luck if he has his balls set to 13.5 or higher? He has been questioned by the media about the whole thing - even make a joke about how deflating it was to lose to the Pats.

That scenario is pretty far fetched at this point.

6. Demosthenes9

Ummm, 13.5 isn't over inflated for starters. We do have Aaron Rodgers on record as saying he prefers the balls to be above 13.5 and he actually gets made when they take them down to 13.5 if over inflated. I think I remember hearing Brunnell say that he liked the balls to be at 13.0. Not sure what other QBs preference is, or Luck's specifically. But, it's by no means a reach to say that the Colts might turn their's in at 13.5.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

No shit. Read the thread. Aaron Rodgers also said most QB's prefer them with less PSI. If Luck or the Colts preferred there balls in at 13.5 it would be news and no doubt would have been unearthed by the media now.

Don't be silly.

8. Demosthenes9

Nak, this is what you said:

I pointed out that 13.5 isn't "over inflated". It's within spec. I brought up Aaron Rodgers because he likes his even higher. When he says that most QB's would prefer them with less PSI, guess what ? 13.5 would be "less PSI" than what Rodgers likes. Why would it be news that Luck and the Colts preferred their footballs to be within league mandated spec at 13.5 ?

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

semantics. i think most knew what i meant by over inflated. of course 13.5 is within the range. you win the semantic battle of the ages. happy?

Why would it be news? You can't be fucking serious? You don't think it would be news if a reporter could confirm that the Colts balls that were within range at half time started at 1 PSI above the Pats balls before the game? You're either being stupid or dishonest. Which is it?

10. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

The Colts may have instructed everyone to only talk to investigators. Then again, if Brady and co haven't been talked to by investigators then they probably haven't bothered with Luck either lol

This thing has become such a joke. I don't necessarily trust Ted Wells to come to a logical conclusion either. Maybe I'm biased but I didn't agree with his last investigation, which was the Jonathon Martin "blame everyone but the person with the issue" conclusion. This one will probably yield similar results

FlaJet likes this.
  11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Considering Luck has commented on the situation I find that unlikely. There's also the fact that we haven't heard anything of the sort.

12. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

This is f--king sad. Please reword. Reads like U want a bangbang with your boy tommy. Especially "Oh man...I'm feeling faint just drinking it all in.".
    [​IMG]

JetsHuskers fan likes this.
  13. Demosthenes9

Talk about being stupid or dishonest. It's not semantics at all Nakamoto. You were wrong and I pointed it out. You said that "it's not likely that Luck prefers over inflated balls" trying to make it sound like what I proposed was unreasonable. The damned spec for the ball is 12.5 to 13.5. At this point, there's no reason to believe that Luck doesn't prefer the football to be at 13.5, which is within spec.

14. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

I lost brain cells reading this.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

holy shit dude.

There's no reason to believe he does, because most QB's prefer the ball to be less inflated rather than more. There's no reason to believe he does because the media would obviously have reported it. Basically the only reason to think he would want 13.5 psi balls is to fit a narrative.

When I said "over inflated" I meant the top end of the legal range. I'm sorry that was not clear and that you can't get off it.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

what exactly the fuck is going on in this retarded thread that has it at 230 pages?

cliffs notes would be appreciated to see if i even want to ever enter this thread again or if i treat it like the schotty thread from a few years ago and avoid it like the plague.

17. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Demo is the king of taking comments on a fan forum extremely literally and will hunt down comments from years ago to try to make an illogical comment. Will cut and paste off the cuff comments separated by months to make an illogical point. It's creepy.

He stalked and trolled me on JI and I need to resist the temptation to engage with this asshat moron.

Plus he's a fucking Tebow apologist. He knows nothing about football.

_

18. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate Active Member

Cliffs Notes:

Jets fans: guilty until proven innocent; cheatriots; BB and TB are devil spawn; ****; There is zero conceivable way the Patriots didn't deflate the balls intentionally and the Wells report, if it finds they didn't, is a sham because Kraft likes to play w Goodell's balls

Patriots Fans: Schaudenfraude; Ideal gas laws; blinded to any potential nefarious activity by the light bouncing off the Lombardis; will likely disappear forever from here if proof surfaces; BB and TB are GOATs; World against NEP

pclfan: I have no f'n idea what this guy's points are; so boring/ignorant as to have essentially put off both Jets and Pats fans; legendary-like embarrassment.

Burning Elvii: similarly embarrassing, but solely due to an inability to write coherent English sentences.

hardcharger: bizarre and uncomfortable poster.

That about a sums it up...

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

They're all self-righteous loons. Remember this pious saint? Wicked devout.

"He disrespected the Patriots way, Robert Kraft, Myra Kraft.
    You can't disrespect her."

[​IMG]

And what's more, hardcharger posted it at 5 minutes to midnight on a Friday night. Playa. [​IMG]

#4599 joe, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  20. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.