Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patsfan1224

Patsfan1224 New Member

Im just gonna try to clear up some misinformation here

If the Colts inflated their footballs to within the legal limit before the game in a 75 degree room, it would be impossible for them to be within the legal limit at half time due to the ideal gas law. This likely means one of three things: The Colts inflated their footballs in a room colder than 75 degrees, the Colts inflated their footballs above the legal limit and the refs didn't notice because they just squeeze tested, or the NFL never really checked the pressure of the Colts' footballs at halftime. This isn't proof of the Patriots innocence, since we don't know the actual PSI of the footballs at halfitme, I'm just saying that the weather is a very valid reason for why this could've happened, and the Colts footballs being within the legal limit does not debunk that at all

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Is there a Patriots fan that posts here that isn't completely embarrassed by this? Serious question.

Burning Elvii and NY Jets68 like this.
  3. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the story of the creepy patsfan giving his kid Christmas gifts and signing them as if they were from Brady.

4. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

You won't find one, the ones that are embarrassed aren't on the internet trying to deflect blame.....they won't support it.
    I see yet another Krafty Perp has joined to jump in the pool. Pats fans pool is to the left, the one that is filled with gas and burning. Enjoy your place the dental recognition process later on

5. 40yrpatsfan

40yrpatsfan Member

For one thing, I trust that Bears ball boy account more than any of these hacks paid to spread disinformation, or the inept/corrupt league office.

Secondly, the other credible source I was referring to was Aaron Rodgers, current MVP holder of the NFL. Nantz and Simms on a national broadcast of the Packers recounted their conversation with him, where he said he likes an overinflated ball, and submits overinflated balls to the ref hoping that the ref doesn't notice. This was all before Deflategate broke, so he was just being honest about how things work on such an unimportant detail as psi. Implied in his statement is that gauges are not used, because a ref couldn't use a gauge and then overlook the actual results.

Is that credible enough for you? And also, do you find it surprising that despite this coming out on a national broadcast, Rodgers didn't get into trouble for circumventing the psi rule? Pats fans certainly aren't, cause these aren't real crimes until NE is involved.

BeastBeach likes this.
  6. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

More deflections, what about the current of your team caught red handed, but teacher it was little Joey who was doing it. Haha. Predictable shills

7. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

First you want us to believe Belichick! Maybe you trolls do but no one else does. But even if you do believe what he said. He said it was up to the discretion of the ref. There is no evidence that Tommy's balls were 12.5 and Luck's were higher or that Luck if given a preference wanted them higher. And even if all of this is true (like I said previously the chances of this theory being true are higher than the odds of the Jets winning a SB ever) NEP balls still were gauged under the allowable air pressure. So all I'm hearing from you is a theory with a lot of "what ifs," "maybes," "could haves" etc.. It all doesn't wash and basically is horseshit.

#4567 pclfan, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

lol - Aaron Rodgers hoping the refs don't test the balls = "credible sources" claiming they don't.

So who are you lying for, yourself or are you just trying to convince Jets fans of something? I hope it makes you feel better, I really do.

Changing the PSI prior to giving the balls to the refs is not breaking the rules. Do you not understand the obvious difference between that and what the Pats are being investigated for? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you do understand and are just lying to yourself some more.

I can't help but wonder why you'd come to a Jets message board and spread the lies you've convinced yourself to believe. Is there some feeling of guilt you're trying to compensate for? Does doing this help to further cement the lies as truth in your mind? What the fuck is going on here? I'm not a psychiatrist but I do think you should probably seek some therapy.

9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

It's a point of contention that teams can deflate balls on their own and then turn them in to the Ref before the game. I haven't seen anything solid in writing saying that's a part of the prep. I don't believe BB who basically said (if you believe that quote posted by that idiot Demosthenes) they asked the Ref to inflate the balls for Tom at 12.5. Or that a ref will honor the team's request for an allowable psi for their team. That one clown says it's "common knowledge" he has no facts to back it up. Common knowledge doesn't mean jack shit esp. if it comes from him. Maybe you agree with his contention but show me the money

#4569 pclfan, Feb 21, 2015
  10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

11. 40yrpatsfan

40yrpatsfan Member

It's not a point of contention. Each team gets their balls and can inflate or deflate to their heart's content, as well as doctor the surface of the balls. But then they have to give them to the ref for approval. Nobody in the world is arguing about these points except you. The ref is supposed to certify that the psi is between 12.5 and 13.5, and adjust any balls that aren't in that range. Those are facts and they don't really have any bearing on this whole controversy, which is about what happened to the balls after the ref approved them.

BB, in his press conference to the entire world, added that his team includes a note to "please inflate to 12.5", meaning that if there are any balls outside the accepted range, to please inflate them 12.5. You're not disputing that part, are you, cause all you have to do is read the transcript of the press conf. He said it to the world. Do you think he would say that if it weren't true, so that the ref could then openly contradict him in a lie? Why would he say that if it weren't true? That's the way the process works, that's why.

This is the last time I'm explaining this to you, cause you're numb as a hake.

BeastBeach likes this.
  12. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i really wish pclfan would shut up already. like seriously.

the pressure range in the rulebook is specifically to allow teams to inflate the ball to preference, so long as that preference falls within the range. the refs will inflate or deflate the balls if they are not in range, but otherwise if the balls come in anywhere within that range they are stamped for gameplay. if the balls are rejected they can inflate them to whatever they want, and the team can request a certain psi.

thats about it. theres nothing else to dispute about that, and it means literally nothing for this case, because once again, the balls were affected much more than could have been by the ideal gas law, and the balls werent flash frozen so its likely they didnt lose much pressure at all, considering the way balls are built etc.

i have no idea why you are focusing on whether or not the refs will inflate a ball to specs if they come in under or over, thats just what happens and teams are allowed to decide what pressure they want the ball at as long as its within the range. nothing else to discuss about it cause its irrelevant.

the balls were deflated more than would naturally occur, and the colts balls were not. end of discussion.

BeastBeach likes this.
  13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Ok. Where's the link saying this. Not Belichick but league office or reputable former refs like Mike Perreira. If true I'll shut up because you're right I'm the only one saying this. But I can't accept conjecture or your interpretation of the rules. I've looked it up and I don't see it. You can connect the dots if you want but it's inaccurate. Plus if you accept the Belichick quote he says changing the psi is at the discretion of the ref and nothing about giving a team their psi preference. Show me that and I'll shut up plus admit that I'm wrong.

14. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I didn't assume anything. This is what I wrote.

Not convinced about anything. Probably the same reason you are so convinced they weren't?

Maybe you think that way because you assume anything negative about the Pats is the truth without any proof.

15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Belichick said in his interview that the Pats would get the balls to the ref the way they like them. They requested the refs to put them at 12.5. He also said the refs have the prerogative to put them at what they wanted.

Rogers had his teams balls above the 13.5 psi and the refs would sometime leave them as is and sometime they take air out (which upset him).

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I did google Mike Pereira on Deflategate. A YouTube interview, CNN etc. in one he did say when the balls are returned to the refs about 2.5 hours before the game they will measure the air pressure and if between those limits mentioned 12.5 to 13.5 will approve them. He said teams can scuff balls etc in prep but in one video he said they can't deflate them. He said nothing about allowing a team to have their game balls at the legal air pressure of their choice. So to me all the answers I'm hearing are kind of vague. But one thing Pereira did say was that the Patriots were cheating.

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I'm glad pcl fan is arguing your case.

He and the other dude who insists stickum is legal....

18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I never once spoke about stickum but Pereira in his videos did talk about players spraying silicon on their jerseys to make it slippery and hard to tackle them which is illegal. Btw my fellow Jets poster NotS does not support or agree with me at all I guess. Which is probably to his credit.

#4578 pclfan, Feb 21, 2015
  19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

So you can't deflate balls but they can be within a certain range. What an idiot

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Maybe not you, but many of the Pats fans I see here are operating on the basic assumption that the Colts balls were at 13.5 PSI prior to the game. I know that's what they'd like to believe but it's probably not likely if you think about it honestly.

3rdandlong likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.