Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tunamelt

Tunamelt Member

I'm not from Missouri, but you have to show me.

Kensil did an impromptu ball audit? Fine. What were the numbers?

2. benhamean

benhamean Member

Go down 3 lines from here ________________ (Legal football pressure upper limit).
    And from here ________________________ (Legal football pressure lower limit).
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (Just a line for the thinking impaired, hoping that visual hammers to the head will help)
    Is only one of them below here ?_______________________
    Did they both go down by the same amount, and did they both begin at legal levels?

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Obviously the numbers have not been reported. What has been reported Ad nauseam is that the patriots balls were below the legal range and the Colts balls were within the range.

You can hem and haw around what the details of that might be all you want but no one gives a fuck. Hopefully we'll know the details when the report comes out.

4. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Honestly? Another one? Please tell me you can tell the difference between 1) a ball is deflated and 2) a ball is not within legal limits. It's possible for a ball to be deflated but still be between the legal limits and for a ball to be deflated and not between legal limits.

BeastBeach and Tunamelt like this.
  5. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

That's why there was an option 2.

You guys all seem to think that the league just loves covering up the Pats cheating, but that is clearly not the case. They tried to catch the Pats cheating even though they weren't surewhether they were or not. And they were willing to let hallf the AFC championship play out just to do it.

That's why I said on my next post that they easily could have chosen option two, which would have definitely proven one way or the other if anything happened to the balls.

BeastBeach likes this.
  6. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

They know exactly what they're doing! It's called denial. And total bullshit. WTF so you're guilty. You won the SB. You have a great team, head coach and organization. But they're lying dirty rotten cheaters. So what you'll take the Ws. And what do you care what we think. Take a survey at Foxboro on what team do Pats fans hate the most and the Jets would win every time. And visa versa. We hate your team get it!

7. Tunamelt

Tunamelt Member

Also, the "legal limit" applies to the officials, for it is their responisibility alone to establish and maintain ball pressure within the prescribed parameters. Not the responsibility of the Pats, or any other team in any game. The Pats' only responsibility is not to change the ball pressure after the footballs have been approved for play. And from what I've heard (and that changes daily) the NFL is miles away from demonstrating that the Pats did this.

Thus, to show that the Pats tampered with the balls, it is necessary to show that the pressure changed in a way that demonstrates tampering, not that any balls were under-pressured.

Did the p.s.i. values of the Colts' footballs change at all? If so, we will never know. That's the kind of thing that writing things down would reveal.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You can act like a douchenozzle if you want. I expect it from Pats fans. Obviously in the context of this conversation deflated = the patriots illegal balls. No reasonable person would ever refer to a properly inflated ball as deflated.

Enjoy your tardy conversation about semantics.

9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

But as reported your team's balls as measured at halftime were not within legal limits.

10. New England Patriots

If I talk in short sentences, will that help?

1) You said only the Patriots balls deflated

2) You used an article to say that only the Patriots balls were out of the acceptable range (too long of a sentence?)

3) It's possible that the Colts balls dropped from 13.5 PSI to 13.0 PSI

4) The Colts balls would still be in the acceptable range

5) But the Colts balls would have deflated

6) Since this is the case, we do not know if the Patriots balls were the only ones to be deflated (too long again?)

7) I'm not saying the Colts balls deflated

8) I'm saying you don't know they did not

BeastBeach likes this.
  11. New England Patriots

Hardly semantics, but I'm encouraged that you were able to understand the difference. I thought PCLfan was representative of the Jets fandom.

12. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

In a criminal court you are innocent until proven guilty.

In the court of public opinion you are guilty until proven innocent.

It's funny Pats fans coming here for validation demanding that WE prove them guilty when in everyone's mind they are already guilty.

We don't have to show you anything.

And nothing you have brought here has proven innocence, just a bunch of made up, exaggerated, questionable, dubious, faulty conjecture, excuses, rationalization, obfuscation and outward fingerpointing.

_

13. benhamean

benhamean Member

Scintillating take from Borges: plagiarist.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Borges

14. New England Patriots

Stand up for your buddy. Oh? Just standing on the sidelines like you did for the stickum debacle? Good decision. It's embarrassing and you wouldn't want your name tied to it. Thanks for playing, joker.

15. benhamean

benhamean Member

Speaking for myself, I just enjoy the self-satisfaction and conviction that NE haters are exhibiting, and that they are enjoying as a kind of mini-superbowl. When this all blows over in a little wind of nothing, it will make reading the butthurt indignation that much better.

Tunamelt likes this.
  16. Tunamelt

Tunamelt Member

Actually, I think the Ravens would win that poll. But there's respect in there as well. Hell of a team, the Ravens, dirty as they are. The Jets? Geez. Your last coach was exposed as farming his wife out for sex favors to strangers for money (I'm not making up a word of this), and nobody cares. Even Joe Namath said, "I just don't think they know what they're doing over there," after the Sanchez/Tebow experiment. For which Joe was ripped to shreds on this board.

We do get it. You back a losing team. To you, the Pats' success looks like cheating, because you don't know what a successful team looks like. The Pats are doing exactly what the Jets are doing, only much, much better. There's got to be some angle there, right?

The best quote I've heard about this: "as long as you think the Patriots' success has something to do with videotape and slightly underinflated footballs, the longer you will continue to lose to them."

17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Why would the ref give the Colts the higher psi balls and not the Patriots before the game. That makes no sense.

18. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Ahhhh, can't attack the story, attack the messenger.

Btw, Bill Bellichick gave us all a scintillating lecture about atmospheric pressure and temperature and weather. Two days after he gave us a less than scintillating "I know nuTHINK".

Bill Belichick: Adulteress, thief, convicted liar and cheater. Always loved this story about him.

http://nypost.com/2007/02/25/sugar-daddy-belichick/
    _

NY Jets68 likes this.
  19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

PCLfan may be a retard, but he's our retard so leave him the fuck alone.

EmbraceTheHate and BeastBeach like this.
  20. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I only speak for myself not for them. And that's the way they want it. We only have 2 things in common. We love the Jets and our hatred for the Patriots! We also hate each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.