Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tunamelt

Tunamelt Member

Man, you are this close to wrapping this thing up!

So, just tell us what the p.s.i. values of the Colts' footballs were pre-game and at halftime, and we can all go home.

2. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

faartsmellar

3. Burning Elvii

no this admission means the intercepted balls in November in indy were illegal, hence Grigson prompting officials day of game from his list submission to watch the Pats balls. This is what Ted is going to base the investigation on.

4. Tunamelt

Tunamelt Member

It also means that Kensil's halftime panty-raid was not a "surprise inspection" for the Colts. Just for the World Champion New England Patriots.

5. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate Active Member

If I had a gun to my head, here is what I honestly believe happened:

1) Patriots hand in balls that are between 11.5-12.5 psi, knowing Brady likes them this way, and knowing that refs never really check that closely (the checking with gauge in that mmqb link has already been discussed as outlier due to there being a camera there with the refs). Is this cheating? I guess. So be it. I can sleep at night like a baby with this "pushing the envelope"

2) Colts hand in balls at 12.5-13.0psi

3) Harbaugh tells Colts to check Patriots balls, as he was pissed about Brady's "rule book" comment and was embarrassed he got worked over on the eligible/ineligible plays

4) We all agree that the cold outside will reduce BOTH team's balls a little bit, right? I mean, this literally can't be disputed.

5) Grigson or Kensil or someone decides to check Patriots balls at halftime due to either Harbaugh or knowing Patriots history of submitting under-inflated balls (knowing refs won't correct it)

6) Patriots balls now 10.5-11psi, give or take... Colts now 12-12.5psi.

7) DeflateGate ensues

8) McNally gets outed, and then cleared when word comes that it was actually an NFL employee trying to steal balls that were ear-marked for charity

9) NFL has a cluster-f*ck on its hands

--> Did the Patriots technically "cheat" under this scenario? I guess. Do I care? Not one iota. In fact, I want them to keep pushing envelope for an advantage. If refs aren't checking the balls that closely because they never do, then hell yes, give them a ball Tom will like better.

EDIT:
    What I don't believe happened in any way/shape/form:
    1) Someone took balls into a bathroom to deflate them
    2) Balls were nefariously deflated secretly on sideline
    3) Hernandez didn't kill anyone

6. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

1) You claim that only the Patriots balls were deflated (one can logically infer that you are claiming that the Colts balls did not deflate)
    2) You offer an article that says the Patriots balls were under the acceptable PSI

#2 does not support #1. Please learn the difference between the word "deflated" and "under the acceptable PSI". Until then, it's ponies and rainbows:

[​IMG]

7. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Like bellicheat did..
    [​IMG]

Burning Elvii likes this.
  8. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

All of the footballs were in spec before the game. At halftime only NEP balls were significantly under spec. So if you're looking for a technicalty (not logged in) you could have one. Of course Wells will hear the testimony of the head Ref who will tell him what his criteria was before the game for approval of balls. In any case it was the half time measurement that really counts since all the balls were in spec before being turned over to the 2 teams.

Burning Elvii likes this.
  9. Burning Elvii

what difference does it make, the guy's job is to investigate this shit. You can spin it anyway you want. They were asked to investigate, the balls passed pre game.

The new thing with the official and the K ball accelerated the testing. For all we know Anderson was going to test at halftime and with what they discovered with the K ball, makes sense that KEnsil wanted to make sure everything was checked. They tested all the pats balls, all found off the accepted range, they tested a few of the colts balls to reference and they were in spec range. It's that simple.

Spin it, rationalize it, some scheming was going on. Let's see what Ted has to report.

The iceberg is tipping over....i wonder what else they found.

10. Burning Elvii

see my post on the MMQB link. that is the officail procedure. the ball logging is not a SOP

rammagen likes this.
  11. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the semantics lesson. When people don't have a leg to stand on they defer to language and words. Which is what the lawyers and the politicians do. Read my lips. At halftime all Patriots ball except one were significantly below NFL allowed specs for ball pressure. And 0 Colts balls were below these specs. As for before the game. All balls for both teams were within spec. Please explain this differentiation. No don't. You can't but you'll just again say a lot of shit.

12. Tunamelt

Tunamelt Member

Okay, if a cop pulled you over for speeding, and then refused to tell you how fast he thought you were going, would that be a technicality?

If you were accused of DWI, but the cop refused to quote your BAC level, stating "it was over the limit. I remember that much," would that be a technicality?

And if your doctor told you to start taking a statin because your cholesterol was high, but didn't bother to write it down, much less tell you about it, would that be a technicality?

13. New England Patriots

You said only the Patriots balls were deflated. You have no proof of this. It's cringe worthy at this point.

BeastBeach and Tunamelt like this.
  14. Tunamelt

Tunamelt Member

Not only is there no proof, there isn't even information pointing in that direction. It's like me just throwing it out there that Burning Elvii cheated on his taxes in 2012.

New England Patriots likes this.
  15. benhamean

benhamean Member

Because that is what the NFL Rule book allows.

16. New England Patriots

But the Patriots balls were under the PSI and the Colts balls were within the acceptable range. Therefore, I conclude that only the Patriots balls deflated from before the game to halftime.

What a joker.

BeastBeach likes this.
  17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I gave you an Espn article that said exactly that. NEP balls measured at halftime were below specs and all Colts balls measured at halftime were within allowable specs. What else do you want. If you don't want to believe it what can I say. Can I prove it. I wasn't there so I can't. Just going by reports from what are considered legit sources. But every anti-NEP report out there you guys deny.

18. New England Patriots

"NEP balls measured at halftime were below specs and all Colts balls measured at halftime were within allowable specs." =/= "Only the Patriots balls were deflated."

Edit: I'm honestly starting to feel bad you aren't getting this. I might just stop now.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You guys pick and choose what you want to hear about this story. I don't think you even realize you're doing it.

20. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Probably the stupidest analogy I've ever heard about anything. But not surprising coming from you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.