How far could Teddy Bridgewater slip?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Br4d, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Petey

Petey Active Member

I know. The board always needs a little Iron Sheik analysis to keep everyone honest.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Goddammit.

Mike Zimmer just being interview at the Combine by Sal Pal, Schefter and some other guy and he's just gushing about Teddy. Leads not only on the field but in the classroom too in terms of his work ethic. Said he played great especially since he lost Kyle Rudolph and 2 offensive lineman the second half of the year and obviously never had Adrian Peterson all year.

Sal Pal wrapped up the interview with the thank you's and said "obviously you hit the lottery on your quarterback, you're off and running".

I just can't get over it. How the fuck did we pass on this guy?

_

NYJalltheway and 1968jetsfan like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Total fucking stupidity and ego.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Idzik is a moron. That's why.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

It's crazy how so many of us were defending Geno with how we shouldn't take a QB round 1. I mean it made sense, since he only had 1 year to prove himself. Even I was against taking a QB in the 1st.

It's easy to say now that we were idiotic for not taking Teddy at 18, especially after Pryor played like crap. It still stings like a bitch though. Let's hope we AT LEAST take a QB in the first 3 rounds this year. We need to try SOMETHING.

7. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

It would not have mattered. Rex would have fu(ked up the situation being such a Qb guru.

8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

But we had the miracle worker david lee!

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I just don't understand how you go to a Louisville game and come up with the idea that Pryor is a better player then Bridgewater. It still boggles my mind.

stinkyB and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

lol completely agree

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  11. Laszlo Kovacs

Laszlo Kovacs Active Member

This is what I wrote pre-draft last year in this very thread:
    Still I understand why Jets didn't pick him. Geno played pretty damn impressively in the end of his rookie season. You just don't give up on a guy then to spend a first rounder on a guy with questionable size and arm strength.

Disclaimer: Carr's accuracy problems came from an injury, which he revealed later.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets didn't take Bridgewater because they concurred with the general opinion that he wasn't worth a high 1st rounder. Nothing he did last year suggests they or the NFL were wrong in that evaluation. He may turn into an excellent QB or he may turn into just another QB in Minnesota's long line of failed QB's. Bridgewater had 14 TD's and 12 Int's last year with Norv Turner helping him out. Christian Ponder had 13 and 13 four years ago without the savant working with him.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Probably because they were focused on defense and weren't even seriously considering an offensive player.

14. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Carr's "accuracy problems" were only in the USC game. If you watched the whole game you saw him get injured and stay in the game, which was ridiculous. I said that on this board (probably in this thread).

15. JStokes

What an absolute load of horseshit. Like just about everything else you've said about Teddy.

Yes, they were all wrong, as were you. But you'll only look at "stats" now and continue to hope he falters so you can say you guessed right.

Too funny. If we draft Teddy we're set for 12 years.

_

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets had thought that Bridgewater was a guaranteed star QB they'd have drafted him. So would a half dozen other teams before the Vikings traded up. Hell, the Vikings would have taken him on the 8 pick. They let him fall assuming that somebody else was going to take him and then traded up fast when they realized he was going to fall through to the 2nd round. They get the extra option year out of him because he's a 1st rounder.

The Vikings weren't even sure he was a star and they still aren't.

Zimmer's blabbering about him sounds pale compared to Rex's feeling for Mark Sanchez after his first season.

17. JStokes

And the legend continues to grow.

First it was, he played "ok".

Then it was he played "pretty well".

Now it's he played "pretty damn impressively".

Under 59% completion for under 199 yards a game is not "pretty damn impressively".

It's "not as God awful as he was earlier in the year but pretty damn mediocre".

The only thing he did was to limit his turnovers, but that was because they further dumbed down the offense for him.

The mirage that keeps on giving.

_

18. JStokes

Yeah they are.

That's an irrelevant red herring.

Rex talks up EVERYBODY like they are superstars.

Zimmer's comments have 10x the sincerity of Rex and are almost as telling as Bowles and McCags noncommital comments about Geno.

_

19. 101GangGreen101

That pisses me off even more ... considering the receivers on the board as well as other positional players ... the safety depth wasn't all that bad in that draft ...

20. 101GangGreen101

Bridgewater was going to be a star and the only thing that was holding him back was him being somewhat "frail"

12 TDs 23 INTs, Geno fooled this franchise into thinking he deserved another yr.

NCJetsfan likes this.