Michael Crabtree...Any Interest?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Feb 18, 2015.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Now...to answer the immediate question, NO...I'm not going to make a new thread about every free agent...only the interesting ones...and this is INTERESTING!!!

Being out here on the West Coast I have gotten to see quite a bit of Michael Crabtree and let me tell you...if we can get past injury history I'd pick him up. Here's the ARTICLE.

He is certainly on par with Decker as far as talent...maybe even more so. Thoughts?

2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

yes. Big time. If we let Harvin walk, or keep harvin and let kerley go this should happen.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I really like Crabtree but what would it take to get him? what would he want to be paid? there are many factors involved. On the surface w/o knowing the details I'd say absolutely, I love his talent.

4. TurkJetFan

he had a pretty bad year last year. His market price isn't that high at the moment, so we could get him and beat the competition without breaking the bank.

There's concern he hasn't been the same since his achilles tear, but I still say we get him. He simply won't kill the cap and we can overpay market a bit on him at the same time.

5. mezzavo

Not to mention his hands...he has TERRIFIC hands...even if his Achilles slowed him down a bit if we can have a QB that gets it anywhere within catchable range he hauls it in. Would be a fantastic add...even if we DID keep Harvin. I'm thinking a $10 million bonus with maybe $6-8 per...that should do it? Or is that too high...I'm horrible with numbers.

6. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

ehhh, I'd pass... literally... He's A Migraine waiting to happen.

7. Garrison Nauman

Garrison Nauman Active Member

We need someone that can vertically stretch the field. Maclin would be unreal IMO

mezzavo likes this.
  8. mezzavo

Well...unfortunately, I was going with someone we actually have a shot in hell of obtaining. LOL ;) Macklin isn't getting out of Philly.

9. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

I agree Im hoping we can keep Percy though

10. TurkJetFan

Would be, but no way Maclin leaves Philly. They trashed DJAX to feature Maclin who just came off of a monster season. Absolutely no way in hell Maclin has time to answer the phone from anything that isn't a philly area code.

mezzavo likes this.
  11. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

It would be worth a look. If we do let Harvin go it is an absolute must to bring in a top guy from FA.

12. mezzavo

Again, I'll say bring him in anyway. It's not as if Harvin was any kind of make or break receiver. Even WITH Harvin we need another guy...a 1B to Decker's 1A or vice versa... Harvin really is a number 2 guy anyway. We've got the cap space. I say do it if the price isn't ridiculous.

13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Crabtree is not an impact player, and doesn't have the best attitude.
    some team will pay him more than he's worth. i hope that team is not the Jets..

14. mezzavo

I disagree, Crabtree IS an impact player. He was absolutely an impact player with Alex Smith tossing him the rock. His attitude is marginal really...he wants the ball. I'm more worried about the injury history but when you are the Jets a chance has to be taken. Since we screwed the pooch last season and whiffed on every single decent WR prospect on the planet we have to take a "chance" with a guy like Crabtree...or someone like him. We have GOT to influx some useful talent and a guy like Crab is just now entering the prime of his career at a point where we SHOULD be able to get him on the cheap.

15. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Crabtree is a great fit for what we're trying to do... but i'd pass for a few reasons..

1. He thinks he's worth more than what he really is. He wants top 5 WR money, hopefully he realized he's not a top 5 WR.
    2. Runs great routes and i been preaching thats what were going to need here with Gailey, BUT dude is type slow. Him Decker and Kerley, we'd be slow as hell nobody to take the lid off of a defense.
    3. He's a diva. Bitches when he doesn't get the ball.. bitches when he thinks he shoulda got the ball (regardless if another teammate made the play..i've see him do it) Last thing the Jets will ever need is another ME guy.

16. mezzavo

I feel you...I guess the "market" will "correct" him. We'll see if some team is stupid enough to throw him top 5 money...maybe THAT will bring him down to earth...and with that should come the resolution to number 3. Who knows. Number 2 we have. IF we can keep Harvin we can just throw his ass on "Go" routes half the time and that will definitely take the top off. That should open up all kinds of shit underneath for Decker, Amaro, Kerley and a Crabtree type. Probably one of my biggest plusses about Crab is the guy has heart...once the ball is in his hands he is trying to score. He is hard as hell to tackle. I'd still take the guy...he's a whiner but he's certainly NOT in the Santonio Holmes mold.

17. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

If we can keep Harvin and bring Crab in... dream come true..

Literally dream come true.. i did that on my madden franchise and lost in super bowl, but i got to the super bowl! lmao

mezzavo likes this.
  18. mezzavo

Baby steps...have to take Baby Steps! LOL!!!

JetLifeLo likes this.
  19. mezzavo

You know...as I'm sitting here thinking about it......Michael Crabtree is almost the WR version of Marshawn "Beast Mode" Lynch when it comes to being tackled. I've seen enough San Fran games to make that statement.

20. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Sign him.