Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Apparently they already are, as evidenced by the Browns and Falcons stories

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That's more incentive to get it right this time.

If Belichik had been forced to resign in 2007 it would have drawn a clear line over which you can't step and get away with it. Instead he was fined and the team lost a draft pick and here we are in 2015 with the Pats caught cheating again for advantage. How many other times have they cheated and won in closer games in the intervening years? Well, the Ravens thought they were playing with deflated balls in the much closer divisional round game for starters.

3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

They would have beat the Seahawks 100-5 with deflated balls

4. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

You usually post reasonable stuff, but this is just a joke!

First off, you think the league should have made BB resign for doing what he tweaked the Jets for doing (but kept the league out of it) the previous time the teams met? That's rich!

Second, the Pats have not been caught cheating "again" for advantage as of now. I know I know, the hell with due process. Witch hunts are more fun and all the "sources" that point to the Pats doing something wrong are correct and all that point to them doing nothing are a cover-up.

I also love the cover-up argument. It makes all the sense in the world that the NFL would drag Goodell's best buddy Kraft and the Patriots name through the mud for two weeks so the can later protect them. Makes perfect sense.

BeastBeach likes this.
  5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Or maybe if the NFL does nothing its telling teams that a handful of deflated footballs is the NFL equivalent of jaywalking.

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I find it hard to believe they were deflating balls for close to a decade and no defender/referee noticed it until now

7. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

8. Unhappyjetsfan

This was my initial opinion, but now that I've had more time to think about it ... there is no way Goodell can allow his Super Bowl champion to be tarnished by any impropriety, particularly in light of the fact that most of America believes he's already destroyed evidence once so that the Patriots' prior three titles were not tarnished. Regardless of what happened, he's going to have to make this one go away with no penalty or else the "Goodell handed the Patriots four cheating championships" uproar would be loud. On the other hand, had Carroll not made the dumbest coaching decision in the history of professional sports, I think Belichick might have received a year suspension (and loss of draft picks, and fine, etc).

9. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

What about Goodell making more in salary than our starting Defense? What a crock!, or Kraft? It's all in the bag. Big games in the NFL are rigged.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

They are going to have to come up with dead bodies at this point to exact a strong penalty against the Patriots. It would be an admission that the Super Bowl was tainted. They'll never do that. Nor should they, not for this.

11. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

This thing has definitely fizzled from what it was in the press, how the NFL deals with resurrecting the story when it's time to let out a report should be fairly interesting.

12. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling nothing is going to come out of it.

13. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Lol you are just trolling now

14. Unhappyjetsfan

My bad, you probably weren't aware of the rule. Here it is:

(i) Adhesive or slippery substances on the body, equipment, or uniform of any player; provided, however, that players may wear gloves with a tackified surface if such tacky substance does not adhere to the football or otherwise cause handling problems for players.

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

It's sad when people can't admit they are wrong on an Internet forum. It's not like it affects your actual life

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

[​IMG]

BeastBeach likes this.
  17. Unhappyjetsfan

Hey, did nyjunc say anything of value or contribute to the thread's discussion in any way in the past 24 hours?

*furiously looks around*

I guess not.

TNJet likes this.
  18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Hey, did Unhapptjetsfan say anything of value or contribute to the thread's discussion in any way since 2/19/13?
    *furiously looks around*
    I guess not.

PickSix likes this.
  19. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

Grigson had team submit pre game check list to officials and on this list was check the footballs.....based on November game in Indy. Mort recaps what is known.

League, not press initiated the investigation. Grigson has been on the Pats wrong end of me cheating before mind you .

Rams front office 2000-2003, Eagles in 2004. This story is a few weeks old but has some stuff that is lost on the Pats science asshats

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12272732

20. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.