Rockinz Jets Mock 2.0

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rockinz, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Here is my post Super Bowl mock.

Round 1 - Marcus Mariota QB Oregon - From everything I have read and just a hunch Mariota will fall in the draft to the Jets 6th spot. He would fit well in Chans spread offense. Geno is also a big factor in selecting Mariota.

Round 2 - Cameron Erving OL FSU - Versatile OL that can play all 5 positions on the line.

Round 3 - Marcus Peters CB Washington - Very talented player that has some maturity issues, he would possibly be a day 1 player if he wasn't dismissed from school.. Very similar to the Honey Badger with off the field issues. Under Bowles he turned it around, hopefully Peters see's the light too.

Round 4 - Danielle Hunter DE/OLB LSU - Pass rusher that is definitely raw but has good speed and size.

Round 5 - Senquez Golson CB Ole Miss - Solid for Ole Miss and a player you can rely on in press man to man. He would be a good security blanket if Peters continues with his problems.

Round 6 - Percy Harvin trade

Round 7 - Tommy Shuler WR Marshall -
    Small but plays big! He was really effective for Marshall going for over 1100 yards and 9 TDs. He is a Wes Welker type slot receiver.

TNJet likes this.
  2. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

Peters in the 3rd round would be a steal.

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If Peters fell to us in round two we should be doing back flips.

4. Geno Da Meano_

Geno Da Meano_ Active Member

Definitely would love to get Peters in the third.

5. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Probably the most ideal scenario if Mariota falls to 6. Either we get a franchise QB, or the new regime doesn't like him and gets a king's ransom from Philly including Nick Foles.

Erving is indeed versatile, but I keep seeing that his long-term projection could be Center.

Interesting comparison with Peters and Matthieu. I see projections for him landing anywhere from middle of the first to end of the 3rd.

Golson seems like he'll make a good player, maybe in the slot. Never even heard of Shuler; I'll have to check him out

6. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

If it wasn't for his off of the field issues, he would be a lock for the 1st round. Peters and DGB are the 2 big wildcards in this draft.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

There is a very good chance that Peters will go in the first round anyway.

He has top 15 talent and dude had 11 interceptions this year before being thrown off the team and not having the opportunity to play in all of the games.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

If the eagles are going to trade a kings ransom to get Mariotta they aren't going to wait until he falls to the jets, who need a QB, to do so.

ajax and rockyusmc2003 like this.
  9. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I don't get all this talk that Philly is going to come to the Jets to make a trade. Chances are, if they want Mariota they are looking to jump the Jets to grab him. In any event, I think it's all canon fodder to begin with.

10. Rockinz

I can't see the skins making that trade just because they would be giving their rival a franchise QB... The Raiders are the team that could make a big move and trade back for a kings ransome from the eagles.. They are the only team I'm worried about if Mariota slides past the titans

11. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

With Harvin cut, this would imply we got ourselves one of the big WRs in free agency. Otherwise, this WR core will help neither Mariota nor Smith in the grand scheme of things......unless Shaq Evans just comes hungry.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I would love the Mariota pick.

Based on what I've read, Peters "off the field issues" were only with his HC, and weren't that bad or unreasonable, so I can't see him dropping to the 3rd round. Supposedly, his HC was very anal about certain things. I think he's a lock for the 1st round.

Erving may be versatile, and while a player like that would be nice for depth, not at the price of a 2nd round pick. A 2nd round pick should be a starter. As someone else said, Erving's best position in the NFL is projected as center, and that would be a wasted pick.

I don't know anything about your other picks, so can't comment on them.

13. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

I think you could legit start Erving at any of the 5 positions on the line in an inline blocking scheme.

The question is is he the best guy for the position you want to play him at at that spot. I think he is worth a 2nd rounder as a tackle. JMO.

14. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I've been reading some similar reports on Peters too and it seems possible these concerns are overblown.

Another guy with the "character concerns" label and first-round talent, T.C.U LB Paul Dawson, has also been attempting to publicly address this and show he's dedicated and a good teammate. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out as the draft approaches. Each could be targets for the Jets in the 2nd if they're even around

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Peters will not fall that far, he is arguably the best corner in this draft. I think he's a top 20 pick.

The maturity concerns are him yelling at his coach, which many players do? Not a big issue.

16. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Hunter is very good against the run, but like you said needs to figure out how to be a pass rusher

17. Rockinz

Thing is he got dismissed from school too.. Most felt the honey badger was a top 20 pick and look where he fell...

Organizations want clean coachable players in the 1st round.

18. Rockinz

Erving could start for us at guard tomorrow! Plus having a guard that can snap the ball is never a bad thing!

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

But there are better guards in the draft than Erving. For instance, I'd rather have Laken Tomlinson of Duke, and he probably can be had in the 3rd round, not the 2nd. I'm almost certain that Mac will sign an OG in FA, and the other spot will be left up to Dozier & Aboushi, and maybe Winters to slug it out.

As far as having an OG that can snap the ball, we already have Dalton Freeman, the backup center who can also play OG. We have no need for a second player like that. Once the OG positions are solidified, other than Brick's replacement and upgrading the RT position, the only other thing we might need on the OL is a backup OL who can play both LT and RT.

20. Rockinz

Erving can play tackle too. I feel he is the best all around OL in the draft.