Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Its amazing Patriot fans are still in denial even after spygate.....Everyone knows why Goodell burned the tapes ,because if they ever saw the light of day he would have been forced to take the Superbowl titles away from the Patriots because of the outrage it would have created.......But go ahead and keep telling yourself the Patriots don't cheat every chance they get

2. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

You have 15 people fighting with you on this board. You have no legit explanation for the facts that do exist. What's the bfd. Just admit you did it and go on.

3. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate Active Member

Let's operate under assumption that whatever you think you know as "facts" are true, even though nothing has been reported as actually factual yet. Like, at all. In fact, more has been back-tracked than actually confirmed. But nevertheless, for the sake of argument...

I have no legit explanation? Really, now...

We'll keep this brief and use short words so you can keep up. Patriots balls started around 12.5psi. Colts balls started around 13.5psi. Cold weather reduces inflation by ~0.5 based on Ideal Gas Law, or science 101. Halftime. Patriots at 12.0 and Colts at 13.0. Wow. That was tough to understand. And the ballboy went to the bathroom to either a) deflate all 12 balls in 90 seconds or b) take a piss. Yes, choice "a" seems most logical.

But, let's not let facts get in the way here. Much more enjoyable when you repeat your blinding mantra over and over.

“The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents.” - Dali

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Keep trying to convince yourself of that as you continue to come to a rival board to try to convince US the Patriots aren't habitual cheaters.

Yeah, it sounds like it.

It's like after my Devils won their third Stanley Cup, I was loving it so much I went onto the official Rangers fan forum to crow about it.

Oh, wait, I didn't do that.

Because I actually WAS loving it, didn't need validation from a rival team and was quite content to enjoy my team's success the way it should be.

Inwardly.

But please, continue the excuse making and your denial.

_

alleycat9 and RuJFan like this.
  5. JStokes

Oh, the ironing.

_

6. JStokes

Exactly. Yet they still feel compelled to come here to excuse, obfuscate, confuse, rationalize, point fingers outward.

But, yeah, we're just "jealous", right?

Too funny these Pats trolls.

_

7. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Probably the best way to deflate the balls is to have Woolfork sit on them. I am not going to go into your ridiculous and pathetic attempt to scientifically explain your teams treachery. I assume they'll get away with it due to Kraft's strangle hold over Roger. The bottom line: your guy took the balls into the head. They are measured at halftime. Only Patriots balls are deflated.

9. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

What he said was pretty simple actually

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

was cute and sort of funny the first time. Now you are just deflecting from your lack of knowledge as usual. we can add lack of reading comprehension to lack of football knowledge.

11. Unhappyjetsfan

(i) Adhesive or slippery substances on the body, equipment, or uniform of any player; provided, however, that players may wear gloves with a tackified surface if such tacky substance does not adhere to the football or otherwise cause handling problems for players.

12. nyjunc

have someone read it to you and explain it to you. you clearly do not have a clue what you are reading.

BeastBeach likes this.
  13. Unhappyjetsfan

Having been the one who located it ... and then copied and pasted it here ... I'm fairly certain I know what I'm reading. And here it is again:

(i) Adhesive or slippery substances on the body, equipment, or uniform of any player; provided, however, that players may wear gloves with a tackified surface if such tacky substance does not adhere to the football or otherwise cause handling problems for players.

I'd put it in my signature file, but the forum says it's too long.

14. nyjunc

I am sure you know how to read it, I am also sure you don't understand what you are reading.

15. EmbraceTheHate

How does that make using a substance like Stickum on your gloves legal? It clearly doesn't. The glove itself may have a tackified surface (i.e. out of the box), but clearly can't add something to them. Seems fairly straight-forward to me and anyone with a 1st grade reading comprehension...

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Please show where it "clearly" says anything remotely close to not being able to add something to the gloves.

alleycat9 likes this.
  17. nyjunc

it says players may wear gloves WITH a tackified surface, it doesn't say players may make the gloves tackified. It also says the tacky substance on the gloves cannot adhere to the ball. stickum would make the ball adhere to the glove. I am hoping this is just all a goof.

PickSix likes this.
  18. EmbraceTheHate

Seriously?

Article 4: In addition to the several prohibited items of equipment and apparel specified in Article 3 above, the following are also prohibited:
    (i) Adhesive or slippery substances on the body, equipment, or uniform of any player;

The gloves are part of the uniform. Can't add any "adhesive or slippery substances" to them.

It's black and white. Right there.

If gloves come purchased with a tackified surface, that is fine, so long as "does not adhere to the football or otherwise cause handling problems for players"

There's a reason the rule is called the Lester Hayes rule... he used copious amounts of stick'em. This isn't very difficult a concept.

nyjunc likes this.
  19. EmbraceTheHate

Further... to clarify:

Section 4, Article 1:
    The term uniform, as used in this policy, applies to every piece of equipment worn by a player, including helmet, shoulder pads, thigh pads, knee pads, and any other item of protective gear, and to every visible item of apparel, including but not limited to pants, jerseys, wristbands, gloves, stockings, shoes, visible undergarments, and accessories such as headwear, worn under helmets and hand towels

nyjunc likes this.
  20. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

You would think it was a goof, but he honestly believes it. He believes it so much that when he read a memo that said you can't use stickum on your body or uniform that he just started to quote this rule repeatedly like he was a member of a cult. He doesn't like the fact that Jerry Rice cheated. It kills him inside. Why? I really have no idea. But you can't speak logically to him, he will just keep repeating a rule that doesn't say what he thinks it says. He's the only person on the internet saying that stickum is legal.

nyjunc likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.