Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

When he started all this nonsense.....they were fringe and starting with a whole new cast. The AFC east has gotten better the past 5 years and the teams are now giving more competitve games. But NE seems to always squeek by......way too much. Coaching, talent or something else. I think it's all 3, but the tipper is the cheating. Cheating gives BB the edge to win a game that is pretty much earmarked. Plays and games turn on that timely 3rd down conversion, or how bout this, a lack of a fumble. That's all you need, especially at home.

2. Burning Elvii

I am not jealous at all. I don't pine away wishing my team wins more. I simply hate how my team manages their talent and game management and draft misses.

3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Lol too cute. Rationalizing one team's cheating but not the Pats. How transparent. They were more than stickum and headset bullshit but NE is not more than maybe deflated footballs and taping signals. I feel bad for you if you are this delusional in other areas of life

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

So when they come out ahead it must be cheating. When they lose the close ones that's just dumb luck. So transparent

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

you brought up communication system and Bill Walsh admitted to pretending his didn't work so the opponent would have to turn their system off and Walsh was famous for scripting plays to start games. it was a HUGE advantage but no big deal to you I guess.

2001 Miami and NY made playoffs
    2002 last place team was 8-8
    Jets made playoffs in '01, '02, '04, '06, '09, '10 and only went one and done 2 of those years(one facing NE).

yea you are but you cannot admit it. Everyone wants the team they root for to win big.

6. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Always squeaking by or running up the score. Please be consistent in your hate of the Patriots.

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hold on a second. Jeter is just as successful or maybe more successful than ARod and I don't hate him, I actually respect the hell out of him.

I don't delude myself thinking I haven't hit 600 homers because I didn't do steroids, I know my limitations.

I respect what Manning and Rodgers and Brees do on a consistent basis because I've been given no reason to believe they've been involved in a systematic scheme to cheat on the field. Everyone is trying to get an edge but when you are caught as many times as the Patriots and then accused numerous other times, I'm sorry I don't respect them.

And I sure as hell aren't jealous of them.

_

8. nyjunc

I ask again, since it has been proven the SU program cheated does this take away from how view the 2003 title? or have you lost respect for Boeheim and the program?

9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is that cheating is a legit competitive edge.

10. JStokes

And what did Biden say? :D

_

11. nyjunc

I am not sure cheating is the right word. Every team is bending the rules to gain an edge, if that wasn't the case opposing teams would be up in arms going after NE.

12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

When you intentionally break the rules that's cheating! Esp. changing the air pressure in the balls. But of course only for your team.

13. JStokes

I still wish we had seen what were on those tapes. If it was innocuous or about what everyone was expecting, there was no reason to destroy the tapes.

My guess it was much much much more egregious and that Goodell had to protect Kraft's franchise by making the damning evidence disappear forever.

_

NY Jets68 and BrowningNagle like this.
  14. nyjunc

you have no idea what they did or don't do. You are speculating based on partial information. the bottom line is they earned their 4th SB title, the rest is meaningless.

15. nyjunc

he was protecting the league not one franchise.

16. Burning Elvii

WTF? you're not following at all son. I've given a list of all stuff, go back and read my posts. Way to not stay on topic

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

HAHAHA

18. Burning Elvii

IT was more damning and would have damaged the NFL for a long time. They should have taken their lumps and cleaned it up right then, but Kraft and Goodell are in conflict and the other owners are complicit in the coverup. NFL is a sham, accept it

19. nyjunc

why didn't Goodell make sure the Pats won SBs btw 2005-2013?

20. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate Active Member

So, to summarize the Jets fans views:

1) The Patriots clearly under-inflated the balls (despite ANY clear evidence yet to come out that this is what occurred) - it isn't possible the balls started at 12.5psi or thereabouts, and were under by halftime, just as ANY inflated thing (ball, tire, etc etc) would be based on, I don't know, science? But, this would ruin their narrative, so easier to ignore.
    2) The evidence is that the Colts balls weren't under-inflated is proof, dammit, that the Patriots cheated (while conveniently ignoring that the Colts balls might have started at 13.5 or higher)
    3) We might never know how much inflation balls lost because the refs didn't actually record the psi levels pre-game or at halftime... and by most accounts, likely just tested them by feel pre-game
    4) Any other form of supposed "cheating" ... be it Aaron Rodgers over-inflating the balls to his liking... the Falcons/Colts piping in noise... the 49ers scripting 15 plays in SB and then crashing the headsets for both teams.... is all irrelevant in the discussion because it does not involve the Patriots.
    5) Since there is NO evidence to date... just a witch hunt prompted by rumors and speculation (which Kravitz, Mort, et al. have now backtracked on), it is clear that the NFL can't just find Patriots innocent, but rather that if they do, it is because of Kraft/Goodell being BFFs4Eva
    6) Spygate was only other instance of proven guilt, and it is 100% legit, but so far, the only other instance... nevertheless, it means everything else isn't just hearsay, but fact
    7) We will call them the Cheatriots, since it is perhaps the lowest common denominator of cleverness
    7) Burning Elvii doesn't form literate sentences

Anything I miss?

The hate/jealousy is strong in these young padawans... refusing to even accept anything that is actual fact. It is also thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyable to watch. It is palpable.

Let me say... if it comes out the Patriots knowingly did do something truly wrong (i.e. they took air out of balls after refs had inspected), I will be the first to post here blasting them. Until then, keep your one-sided, based on no actual facts, narrative going. It is amazing to watch how much the losing culture of other franchises transcends the respective fan-bases.

Broadway Joey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.